Lifter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Lifter

Can anyone explain how to replace lifters and what I'll need to do it with.
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Re: Lifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post
Can anyone explain how to replace lifters and what I'll need to do it with.
Why are you replacing lifters? Follow the link below it will take you to the tool you will need.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Total Engine Airflow | Custom Cylinder Head Assemblies Tallmadge | Airflow Development | Custom Cylinder Head Ohio | TEA Total Engine | CNC Porting | Cylinder Heads | Cylinder Head CNC Porting | Ohio | :: Total Engine Airflow ::
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I have one bad and it ticks
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Re: Lifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post
I have one bad and it ticks
What oil are you running? Also mod motors do have a tendency to tick, but are you sure its not an injector? The link that I put in the last post with take you to the tool that you need. You have to remove the followers and then you can just take out the lash adjusters (lifters). Just a little learning session, the term lifters is not correct in a OHC setup up since they do not lift, they are they to take up slack from the followers. So with that tool you should be able to remove what you need to get to.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Valveoline synthetic and I had it checked and they told me the 4.6 was bad about doing it and it's stock with a o/r xpipe. Ford place estimated $1,053 for everything another place said 400 for labor so I'm prolly going 400 an going to do something else to make up for the other $500 inside like rocker arms or something and suggestions
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

What oil are you running? Also mod motors do have a tendency to tick, but are you sure its not an injector? The link that I put in the last post with take you to the tool that you need. You have to remove the followers and then you can just take out the lash adjusters (lifters). Just a little learning session, the term lifters is not correct in a OHC setup up since they do not lift, they are they to take up slack from the followers. So with that tool you should be able to remove what you need to get to.
Heard that before about lifters on OHC.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
Valveoline synthetic and I had it checked and they told me the 4.6 was bad about doing it and it's stock with a o/r xpipe. Ford place estimated $1,053 for everything another place said 400 for labor so I'm prolly going 400 an going to do something else to make up for the other $500 inside like rocker arms or something and suggestions
For performance gains on suggestions
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Heard that before about lifters on OHC.
I use Mobil 1 5W20 syntech weight now. C-shaft oil seals stopped leaking too. Will never use other oils.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I use 5w20 also but Valveoline
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.