Dissapointed to say the least... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

I think like 2k for every thing. He's also selling a viper spec t56 and a built irs with level 5 axles
Fck... wish I had money for all of it. I'm interested in the cams and the trans but Ill have to see what ive got for funds in 2 weeks. Wanna pm me with what he wants for each item? Also with where he is located as id have to ship it all...
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Fck... wish I had money for all of it. I'm interested in the cams and the trans but Ill have to see what ive got for funds in 2 weeks. Wanna pm me with what he wants for each item? Also with where he is located as id have to ship it all...
I think hes wants to sell it all as a bundle. Were are you located at? Ill ask him about parting it out but I doubt it.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #38
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
So today I raced my friends 2007 335i sedan and lost by like a car and a half. And I'm pissed because last time we raced we did a 25 roll and he barely beat me by like 1/4 of a car. And we did 2 runs today and from a dead stop and like stated earlier beat me by a car and a half. I thought I would beat him but guessed wrong. What else do I need performance wise to beat him? And I knw the easiest way is FI or nos but I don't have the funds for tht. All I have is bbk CAI, borla catback exhaust, and Griggs full racing suspension also 305 dr. Thnks for the input
Just think of how much money that dude paid for the beemer. I think I would just maximize what I have based on your funds. If you don't have a tuner, get a tuner and gearset combo. 4.10's will give some good stoplight to stoplight speed. Then the other driver needs to be at his best even with a faster car cause you'll be putting some serious torque on the road. Over time as you have funds, I'd get an H pipe setup (maybe O/R depending on your locations testing). Long tube headers, then maybe a larger throttle body w/larger MAF. Maybe the next size up injectors, if needed. But, if you love the car, I wouldn't worry SC or NOS, cause you might need to change your tranny and rear diff because of the extra power. Maybe your could get a high po clutch so you can have some worry free fun. Remember, you will most likely want a new muscle car toy down the road as you make bigger bucks.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Just think of how much money that dude paid for the beemer. I think I would just maximize what I have based on your funds. If you don't have a tuner, get a tuner and gearset combo. 4.10's will give some good stoplight to stoplight speed. Then the other driver needs to be at his best even with a faster car cause you'll be putting some serious torque on the road. Over time as you have funds, I'd get an H pipe setup (maybe O/R depending on your locations testing). Long tube headers, then maybe a larger throttle body w/larger MAF. Maybe the next size up injectors, if needed. But, if you love the car, I wouldn't worry SC or NOS, cause you might need to change your tranny and rear diff because of the extra power. Maybe your could get a high po clutch so you can have some worry free fun. Remember, you will most likely want a new muscle car toy down the road as you make bigger bucks.
Yea a tuner would be nice but I mean there's only a few bolt ons left so idk about spending the tuner for the remaining bolt ons I have. I just bought the longtubes and midpipe 30 min ago
Lol. I would want to get it tuned at a shop nt by a tuner because people say they will get u more hp then a tuner
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Yea a tuner would be nice but I mean there's only a few bolt ons left so idk about spending the tuner for the remaining bolt ons I have. I just bought the longtubes and midpipe 30 min ago
Lol. I would want to get it tuned at a shop nt by a tuner because people say they will get u more hp then a tuner
I wanted to do that too. I talked myself out of it cause the handhelds seem to be more useful than just a one-time use, with reading CEL codes, etc. Plus, I was thinking of getting this...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/itsx-preloader-tuner.html
Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

I wanted to do that too. I talked myself out of it cause the handhelds seem to be more useful than just a one-time use, with reading CEL codes, etc. Plus, I was thinking of getting this...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/itsx-preloader-tuner.html
Yea thts true they can read codes an erase them... I'll def think about tht one it looks wicked
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Dissapointed to say the least...

Most people got it right on here and your off to a good start with long tubes and h pipe ( i have MAC LTs and prochamber personally), but if you only lost by a car and a half I'd just get the gears tune and get some Lower control arms for the rear. You should take off at least a half second off your 1/4 with those mods and be running high 13's and running right with that BMW. A short throw goes a long way too. MGW are the best but there are other good ones too bbk, etc. Concentrate on one mod at a time.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull
Most people got it right on here and your off to a good start with long tubes and h pipe ( i have MAC LTs and prochamber personally), but if you only lost by a car and a half I'd just get the gears tune and get some Lower control arms for the rear. You should take off at least a half second off your 1/4 with those mods and be running high 13's and running right with that BMW. A short throw goes a long way too. MGW are the best but there are other good ones too bbk, etc. Concentrate on one mod at a time.
He said his car is an auto, so he need a shift kit. You also need to remember that the 335i came to life with a simple tune and can make more than 400whp with just a tune and a intake.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I just got the tubes today and will install them when I have time. Gears will def be my next mod because people say tht would be one of the most effective mod. Yea it's auto

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

He said his car is an auto, so he need a shift kit. You also need to remember that the 335i came to life with a simple tune and can make more than 400whp with just a tune and a intake.
Yea he said with a jb4 which is like 1k he can get close to 400
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I just got the tubes today and will install them when I have time. Gears will def be my next mod because people say tht would be one of the most effective mod. Yea it's auto

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Yea he said with a jb4 which is like 1k he can get close to 400
I raced one with a tune and race fuel and it keeped up till my gt42 spooled. But 100hp for 1k isn't a bad deal.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Dissapointed to say the least...

Regardless of transmission tune and gears are best bang for buck. Def go with 4.10s

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Regardless of transmission tune and gears are best bang for buck. Def go with 4.10s
+1
Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok I'll save up a and try to get those things probably in a couple months
Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I had a 335i before my gt. Those things are beast. There reliability sucks. But when they get up they are beasts. My gt seems just a bit slower. But the 335i is a bit heavier. All he has to do is put a jb4 on it and then you're really going to need boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post

Yeap I put down 370 with tune and intake on pump gas

Old 01-17-2015, 12:06 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I had a 335i before my gt. Those things are beast. There reliability sucks. But when they get up they are beasts. My gt seems just a bit slower. But the 335i is a bit heavier. All he has to do is put a jb4 on it and then you're really going to need boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Yeap I put down 370 with tune and intake on pump gas

Haye to be that guy but..... you do realize this is a 2 year old thread right
Old 01-17-2015, 12:18 AM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Haye to be that guy but..... you do realize this is a 2 year old thread right
that being said it also serves no real purpose anymore. i'm just going to close it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT