Dissapointed to say the least... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Dissapointed to say the least...

So today I raced my friends 2007 335i sedan and lost by like a car and a half. And I'm pissed because last time we raced we did a 25 roll and he barely beat me by like 1/4 of a car. And we did 2 runs today and from a dead stop and like stated earlier beat me by a car and a half. I thought I would beat him but guessed wrong. What else do I need performance wise to beat him? And I knw the easiest way is FI or nos but I don't have the funds for tht. All I have is bbk CAI, borla catback exhaust, and Griggs full racing suspension also 305 dr. Thnks for the input
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Dissapointed to say the least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
So today I raced my friends 2007 335i sedan and lost by like a car and a half. And I'm pissed because last time we raced we did a 25 roll and he barely beat me by like 1/4 of a car. And we did 2 runs today and from a dead stop and like stated earlier beat me by a car and a half. I thought I would beat him but guessed wrong. What else do I need performance wise to beat him? And I knw the easiest way is FI or nos but I don't have the funds for tht. All I have is bbk CAI, borla catback exhaust, and Griggs full racing suspension also 305 dr. Thnks for the input
you didnt stand a chance to be honest. unless he's a bad driver. arent those pushing 300 hp with twin turbo's?

anyways. get gears and you should accel a lot faster than him. other than that you need some more power. bc you just dont have it.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #3

Region: Colorado
I wish I could race from a roll on my track.... But idk kooks headers? Theyr

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Sorta pricey ormaybe like an o/r x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT

you didnt stand a chance to be honest. unless he's a bad driver. arent those pushing 300 hp with twin turbo's?

anyways. get gears and you should accel a lot faster than him. other than that you need some more power. bc you just dont have it.
Yea tt v6. So there's no way with full bolt ons I would beat him?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

highly doubt it to be honest.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
You don't have a chance with the twin turbos.
He might only have 300hp but he's pushing a lot of torque with the turbos.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
highly doubt it to be honest.
Dang fricken 2v lol. Love this car but feel it could have more power

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
You don't have a chance with the twin turbos.
He might only have 300hp but he's pushing a lot of torque with the turbos.
Yea I knw I'm thinking last time we raced when it was close it could of been he had some turbo lag
Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
Road Trip!

I love my Gt even tho it's underpowered I wouldn't trade it for any car around the same year. I love the 99-04 year style.
If you supercharged yours or put a turbo on it he would stand a chance.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote:
I love my Gt even tho it's underpowered I wouldn't trade it for any car around the same year. I love the 99-04 year style.
If you supercharged yours or put a turbo on it he would stand a chance.
He wouldn't stand a chance*
Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
First get another intake the bbk ones tend to get hot after a while I like jlt, second you need some LTs, also a good mid-pipe, then get it on a diet get a tube k-member kit, and a tb and elbow I like the bbk 78mm tb elbow combo no need to mix and match. This will give you a fighting chance till you get some spray a good 150shot should put you past him. Nitrous is really easy and cheap. I seen nitrous kits go $400 new and they are really easy to install also if you get the edelbrock intake manifold and the zex nitrous plate and a good cam you'll give your friend a good spanking

Here's a list
•Jlt intake
•Bbk 78mm tb/elbow
•Bbk LT headers
•o/r xpipe
•Tube k-member with a arms and coil overs for good weight transfer
•eibach drag springs with the drag bag
•Some gears 3.73-4.10
•Some juice i've seen people run up to 150shots and its not expensive.
• And most important of all a TUNE

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You could start off with the under drive pully sets on am tent to give u 15-20 hp of the bat and I think AM has one on sale for $89.00, then id get a throttle body spacer keep it cool and tend to give more response. Mabey get a bama tuner or a Diablo sport tuner should help out nuff to give him a run for his money but be hard to keep up with twin turbo
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

First get another intake the bbk ones tend to get hot after a while I like jlt, second you need some LTs, also a good mid-pipe, then get it on a diet get a tube k-member kit, and a tb and elbow I like the bbk 78mm tb elbow combo no need to mix and match. This will give you a fighting chance till you get some spray a good 150shot should put you past him. Nitrous is really easy and cheap. I seen nitrous kits go $400 new and they are really easy to install also if you get the edelbrock intake manifold and the zex nitrous plate and a good cam you'll give your friend a good spanking

Here's a list
•Jlt intake
•Bbk 78mm tb/elbow
•Bbk LT headers
•o/r xpipe
•Tube k-member with a arms and coil overs for good weight transfer
•eibach drag springs with the drag bag
•Some gears 3.73-4.10
•Some juice i've seen people run up to 150shots and its not expensive.
• And most important of all a TUNE
Wow thnks for the list! I was really debating wether to upgrade to a Mach or cobra and sell this gt but thts a nice list. I would really like to avoid the nos because the majority of the people on this forum disapprove it and say its very harmful. What's the total you would think of this list? 2k?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

+1 whoever says gears! headers wont make much of a difference! i say just save up a little bit and add a 50 shot of nitrous... maybe 75 if your not using it often. But be careful! that stuff can get you into a lot of trouble with the law and could hurt your car if you don't respect the power of the juice! The kit all together from AM is only around 550! eventually you'll wanna get a purge valve!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

You'll also want a tune like stockish said! Can't stress that enough!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow thnks for the list! I was really debating wether to upgrade to a Mach or cobra and sell this gt but thts a nice list. I would really like to avoid the nos because the majority of the people on this forum disapprove it and say its very harmful. What's the total you would think of this list? 2k?
Im not sure on the prices but look around and see who has the best deals. Who ever said nitrous is harmful is wrong, I have been running nitrous for years with no problems what so ever. I have seen more harm come from crappy tunning than from nitrous. Just find a good tunner and you'll be set. Have you had your car tunned yet?

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masafreah
You could start off with the under drive pully sets on am tent to give u 15-20 hp of the bat and I think AM has one on sale for $89.00, then id get a throttle body spacer keep it cool and tend to give more response. Mabey get a bama tuner or a Diablo sport tuner should help out nuff to give him a run for his money but be hard to keep up with twin turbo
Yea I knw if I get full bolts ons like every bolt on in the book and keep up with him then I'll be happy. But if not idk might wanna sell the 2v

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearGT
+1 whoever says gears! headers wont make much of a difference! i say just save up a little bit and add a 50 shot of nitrous... maybe 75 if your not using it often. But be careful! that stuff can get you into a lot of trouble with the law and could hurt your car if you don't respect the power of the juice! The kit all together from AM is only around 550! eventually you'll wanna get a purge valve!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

You'll also want a tune like stockish said! Can't stress that enough!
Hmm nos idk about a lot of people say no like I saiid before...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:

Im not sure on the prices but look around and see who has the best deals. Who ever said nitrous is harmful is wrong, I have been running nitrous for years with no problems what so ever. I have seen more harm come from crappy tunning than from nitrous. Just find a good tunner and you'll be set. Have you had your car tunned yet?
No I haven't, what my plans were was to get full bolt ons and then get it tuned at a dyno tune place
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masafreah
You won't get even close to 15-20hp
Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I knw if I get full bolts ons like every bolt on in the book and keep up with him then I'll be happy. But if not idk might wanna sell the 2v

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Hmm nos idk about a lot of people say no like I saiid before...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

No I haven't, what my plans were was to get full bolt ons and then get it tuned at a dyno tune place
If you haven't had it tunned yet then you still got 10-20whp still locked up. If you just get the tb/elbow, LTs, and a o/r xpipe you can get it tuned like that, then just get things that don't need you to re-tune it like k-member, drag springs, and gears(you can calibrate your speedo with the sct tunner)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:

You won't get even close to 15-20hp
Maybe with the pulleys and the tune but not the pulleys by them selfs. In that case its the tune thats doing more good than the pulleys

Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you haven't had it tunned yet then you still got 10-20whp still locked up. If you just get the tb/elbow, LTs, and a o/r xpipe you can get it tuned like that, then just get things that don't need you to re-tune it like k-member, drag springs, and gears(you can calibrate your speedo with the sct tunner)

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Maybe with the pulleys and the tune but not the pulleys by them selfs.
I already have a maximum motorsports k member, drag springs? I have front Griggs coils and in the rear I have Griggs springs with tockiko yellow shocks
Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I already have a maximum motorsports k member, drag springs? I have front Griggs coils and in the rear I have Griggs springs with tockiko yellow shocks
I used both upr k-member and rear grips kits I have no experience with griggs parts. tokico has illuminas, d-specs, and blues I think you meant koni yellows? I used the d-spec adjustables before they were good shocks but I switched to strange 10ways and I liked them better. Just go with LTs and check out the bbk 78mm tb/elbow think they go for around $275-300 and you can get some mac or pypes headers for around $400 just don't get some painted ones.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I used both upr k-member and rear grips kits I have no experience with griggs parts. tokico has illuminas, d-specs, and blues I think you meant koni yellows? I used the d-spec adjustables before they were good shocks but I switched to strange 10ways and I liked them better. Just go with LTs and check out the bbk 78mm tb/elbow think they go for around $275-300 and you can get some mac or pypes headers for around $400 just don't get some painted ones.
Lol I'm actually going tomrw to pick up some pypes longtubes and straight midpipe cheap too. But I mean their tockiko and their yellow colored so idk
Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I'm actually going tomrw to pick up some pypes longtubes and straight midpipe cheap too. But I mean their tockiko and their yellow colored so idk
Sweet, the bbk tb/elbow cost $270

Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sweet, the bbk tb/elbow cost $270
Will tht really give me good hp? People say its a waste of money
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Will tht really give me good hp? People say its a waste of money
It gives you around 5-10 hp but the response is way better and matched with the LTs and the tune its a BIG diffrence. The bigger tb will help out alot in the top end(high speed) of your 2v.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It gives you around 5-10 hp but the response is way better and matched with the LTs and the tune its a BIG diffrence. The bigger tb will help out alot in the top end(high speed) of your 2v.
Sweet tomorw I'm off to get the LT's and midpipe. So I'll try to purchase the ud pulleys and tb next month
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Feel free to ask any questions you have.
Alright thanks you've been a lot of help (:
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I don't know about the area you are from but I know where I am at that your dyno tuners want you to have the handheld cause it's easier to upload tunes onto it and plus you can switch between them. I talked to my buddy about tuning my 4v swap and he said to either buy a tuner or he would sell me one and give me tunes. All I had to do is pay for dyno time.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

is his car automatic? it would explain why you won from a 25 roll but not a dig. His car would be stuck in second when he should be in first. and he can easily launch right with you with an auto. Your list of mods is pretty good honestly all you need is the following.

-4.10 gears
-75mm thottlebody (dont go 78 unless you plan on fi-nitrous
-you don't really need pullies but if you do trust me only STEEDA
-most people dont list this as a mod so i dont knoe if you have this but
MGW SHIFTER i've beaten plenty of cars that were pullin me by a car with just the shifter mod.
Also just to clarify you should not be spinning at all from launch to end of race. 10.5 Dr should hold your power without any problems

MGW INSTALL.
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t303945/
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGT
is his car automatic? it would explain why you won from a 25 roll but not a dig. His car would be stuck in second when he should be in first. and he can easily launch right with you with an auto. Your list of mods is pretty good honestly all you need is the following.

-4.10 gears
-75mm thottlebody (dont go 78 unless you plan on fi-nitrous
-you don't really need pullies but if you do trust me only STEEDA
-most people dont list this as a mod so i dont knoe if you have this but
MGW SHIFTER i've beaten plenty of cars that were pullin me by a car with just the shifter mod.
Also just to clarify you should not be spinning at all from launch to end of race. 10.5 Dr should hold your power without any problems
Yes its auto.. Hmm I see. 10.5 dr?? I have is Hoosier dr 305's
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Do a mach 1 engine swap. I eat the bastards for lunch all day long.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

Do a mach 1 engine swap. I eat the bastards for lunch all day long.
Mach 1 swap sounds expensive.. Wouldnt it be more time efficient and cash efficient if I go FI instead of the swap
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mach 1 swap sounds expensive.. Wouldnt it be more time efficient and cash efficient if I go FI instead of the swap
Not really... my mach has light head work intake tune catback and driver mod... on a oil soaked track (15 rear end breaks on the line...) I ran a 10.7 second run from the 60' mark to the end. Add my 2.9 60 due to the **** conditions and 13.6 sounds dissapointing... but it isn't. The mach swap will cost 6000 bucks with everything but a supercharged gt will cost in the same neibhourhood but will peak before the mach 1 engine. I run even with blown 96-98 gt cars @10 lbs and pi cars at 8lbs. If I could recomend optimal future mod potential id say tear the mach enginr down... replace the rods and pistons. Install it. Then blow it somewhere down the line. I'm on that path... just waitig to throw a rod or spin a bearing.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have smashed on many 4v with my 2v turbo. So I would say just get a 03-04 cobra crank manley rods and pistons and your good for boost. On3 performance sells the kits for 2k and just upgrade the bov and WG with tials and your good I installed a gt42r. That kit leaves you with room to upgrade later on down the road.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not really... my mach has light head work intake tune catback and driver mod... on a oil soaked track (15 rear end breaks on the line...) I ran a 10.7 second run from the 60' mark to the end. Add my 2.9 60 due to the **** conditions and 13.6 sounds dissapointing... but it isn't. The mach swap will cost 6000 bucks with everything but a supercharged gt will cost in the same neibhourhood but will peak before the mach 1 engine. I run even with blown 96-98 gt cars @10 lbs and pi cars at 8lbs. If I could recomend optimal future mod potential id say tear the mach enginr down... replace the rods and pistons. Install it. Then blow it somewhere down the line. I'm on that path... just waitig to throw a rod or spin a bearing.
Why wait till you spin a bearing just get the rods and pistons and do the build. A friend of mine is selling his eaton set up if your interested ported blower ford gt cams bbk lts 60lb injectors and idler pulley

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120619_124504.png
Views:	117
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	55466

Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why wait till you spin a bearing just get the rods and pistons and do the build. A friend of mine is selling his eaton set up if your interested ported blower ford gt cams bbk lts 60lb injectors and idler pulley
How much for the lot? I'm tempted to rip it down but I don't have need to yet. I like to rebuild stronger. Just a personal preference thing I guess. I love the car as is and I don't want to off balance it with too much power. Ill be doing brakes, shocks, struts, control arms, k member, and mayb a small drop (love the stock stance... I know I'm in the minority). I also don't have money for a beefed (tko600 t56 or viper t6060 )trans atm either.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How much for the lot? I'm tempted to rip it down but I don't have need to yet. I like to rebuild stronger. Just a personal preference thing I guess. I love the car as is and I don't want to off balance it with too much power. Ill be doing brakes, shocks, struts, control arms, k member, and mayb a small drop (love the stock stance... I know I'm in the minority). I also don't have money for a beefed (tko600 t56 or viper t6060 )trans atm either.
I think like 2k for every thing. He's also selling a viper spec t56 and a built irs with level 5 axles

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT