Aftermarket headunit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Aftermarket headunit

Been installing headunits for a couple years now. This will be the first mustang I do. I've seen on here it's not simply splice n plug for stangs? Can I not just stop at best buy and pick up a installation kit and wiring harness?
GrabbinGEARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabbinGEARZ
Been installing headunits for a couple years now. This will be the first mustang I do. I've seen on here it's not simply splice n plug for stangs? Can I not just stop at best buy and pick up a installation kit and wiring harness?
They make a kit for them I'm looking for a new radio but don't k.ow how the seperate cd player will work kb line
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What was done on mine before I bought it is they put a little cubby hole in the bottom part and put the aftermarket head unit in the top part. I don't know what it looks like behind it though. I would like to get a new one cuz this one doesn't have the ability to plug my phone into it, but this one looks really good.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Im not sure if Best Buy has a kit, but I ordered mine from Crutchfield.com. you will need to either solder it or just use some electrical connectors for the wires.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Im not sure if Best Buy has a kit, but I ordered mine from Crutchfield.com. you will need to either solder it or just use some electrical connectors for the wires.
I thought crutchfield supplies whatever hardware you'd need? If there's a Harbor Freight nearby, they sell great little electrical connector kits for CHEAP. I have used the same 2 or 3 dollar kit on numerous small electrical projects, including audio.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

I thought crutchfield supplies whatever hardware you'd need? If there's a Harbor Freight nearby, they sell great little electrical connector kits for CHEAP. I have used the same 2 or 3 dollar kit on numerous small electrical projects, including audio.
They do, except for the connectors
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Yeah crutchfield is the best you get everything you need except the connectors. But if you have the mach stereo make sure you use both harnesses they give you or your amps wont work and it will try to play the bass through the tweeters. It sounds terrible believe me I did it.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabbinGEARZ

Straight answer: NO. Go online here to Rhudy's in Fayetteville, NC. They do custom car stereos. http://www.rhudysjewelry.net/ .link says jewelry but I got my adapter from them without splicing anything for my Mach 460. they do ship.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Straight answer: NO. Go online here to Rhudy's in Fayetteville, NC. They do custom car stereos. http://www.rhudysjewelry.net/ .link says jewelry but I got my adapter from them without splicing anything for my Mach 460. they do ship.
Here's the correct link: http://www.rhudyscaraudio.net/

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Here's the correct link: http://www.rhudyscaraudio.net/
Call the Yadkin store. Murchison store P***#} me off. Great crew at the yadkin store. good equipment too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Trans | tune up. »