Exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

You da man E. I knew you'd come back. To each his own. I live in NC right now, but I know about snow and salt on roadways from being in Germany over a decade. You got a point. I think mine are more resistant to rust though. But research goes a long way. Lol.
Not trying to "one up" any one or anything like that!.. Just sharing my experience!.. And with FlowMaster it has not been a positive one!.. But the Vortex cat back it has been very positive!.. I've got a buddy with an '02 GT and he has the same exhaust set up as mine!.. Except he has an O/R H-pipe vs my X-pipe!.. Sounds almost 100% identical to my car!.. And he has had his for about 5+ years and has had zero problems with it!.. And I've got a few buddies with FlowMasters and a couple of them are running into the same problems that I did!.. I know that FlowMasters are the "Big name" in the muscle car arena, but they are not really the best!... If you are going to keep the car for any length of time, and mostly if it's a DD then I would suggest saving the few extra $$$ and getting something better than FlowMasters!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I have noticed a lot of Flowmasters that rust.
I have had my Borla for 5+ years with no rust no different sound still looks brand new
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
I have noticed a lot of Flowmasters that rust.
I have had my Borla for 5+ years with no rust no different sound still looks brand new
I'll let you know when mine rusts. Then I'll plead no contest. Any ways. Wonder what the thread owner thinks overall?
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #39

Region: Georgia
I have borla xr-1 with a summit xpipe and shorty headers and I love the way it sounds. Esp at wot
pi swap, worked heads, spraying 150 shot, shorty headers, summit x-pipe, borla xr-1 exhaust, tko transmission, ford racing 4.10 gear, alloy usa axles, lakewood 50/50 drag shocks, steeda tri-ax short shifter, k&n cai, bbk 75mm throttle body, trickflow intake, areomotive 340 fuel pump, cobra front bumper, cervini 2.25 cowl hood, saleen wing, one piece headlights with hids, riveted bullets (17x9 front 17x11 rear) with nitto555
12secSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust