Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
2K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  12secSN95 
#1 ·
Which cat back system can I get that will sound good with the bbk O/r x pipe. And have a rounded off tip

#7 ·
Best thing to do is either go to Americanmuscle.com and look at what they have and they have links to YouTube to hear the difference stock and how the aftermarket will sound........or YouTube might have some but you could waist a lot of time ..........but in my opinion I would go with some 2chamber mufflers or if you wanna go brand name Flowmasters is the way to go and gut the cats if your state/city doesn't text emission they will give you a nice deep tone ..borla to me is just loudness kinda like a truck and if you got the extra cash go with a x pipe for a really nice sounding stang I'm adding one in about a week......just my 2cents;)

#12 ·
Yea I'm not sure if they have a x-pipe or cats.
Just seems every where I go and every mustang thing I see people have Flowmasters and I think they are way to loud I like a deep sounding pipe and I no all the mustangs around here there Flowmasters sound total opposite from deep when they get about 3,000 rpm it sounds like a raspy ricer.
I'm not putting down on anyone's pipes just saying the guys around here are doing something wrong with there Flowmasters

#16 ·
trejo_03 said:
Best thing to do is either go to Americanmuscle.com and look at what they have and they have links to YouTube to hear the difference stock and how the aftermarket will sound........or YouTube might have some but you could waist a lot of time ..........but in my opinion I would go with some 2chamber mufflers or if you wanna go brand name Flowmasters is the way to go and gut the cats if your state/city doesn't text emission they will give you a nice deep tone ..borla to me is just loudness kinda like a truck and if you got the extra cash go with a x pipe for a really nice sounding stang I'm adding one in about a week......just my 2cents;)
I have bbk off road x with the factory flowmasters. I just want something a little deeper

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-19-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

2000_gt said:
I have bbk off road x with the factory flowmasters. I just want something a little deeper
I guess they are factory. I just replaced the h pipe

#21 ·
Ryan7racin said:
That's what I have but my cats are high flow cats

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Mine is the stainless steel aggressive cat back they make. With my O/R x-pipe and high flow cats it sounds amazing.
Nice I just have two cats and bassani off road x pipe with borla exhaust

#25 ·
Say no to the flow. They don't sound like a river but they rust fast and get holes all through them. They're the worst for hp gains. I've heard of people losing power from them. Magma flow bassani and borla are the best I think. Magma flow is the the deepest but the tips come loose. If you want volume and rasp go for borla stingers. I have the bassani cuz the stingers are too loud for my area. But I still like the sound with my bbk lts and dr gas o/r x pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.