Mustang Evolution Forum banner

what's the best supercharger for low end power

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  southernstang00 
#1 ·
Im building my 01 GT for maximum low end power for 0-60mph, whats the best supercharger for low end power that will get me from 0-60 the quickest?

#2 ·
A centrifugal super charger is more gradual building boost as you accelerate. A twin screw is instant boost once you hit the gas. If you street race a twin screw would probably be the best but if you race on the track the centrifugal type will allow you easier launches.

#6 ·
Don't get a roots blower. To make the eaton work you have to buy the tork tech kit to mount it. And I've seen several eaton 2v cars make low numbers due to the poor efficiency. I saw one at 10psi make 335 which is pathetic. By the time you buy the eaton and the stuff to make it work you can get an intercooled kenne bell and make 400 at the wheels

#7 ·
Ever think about turbo? I have the same idea as you... Roots run hot like a turbo, but make the real power.. Seen 70 mm turbo 2v making 440 rwhp and torque in the high 500's.. You tube on3 performance 2v mustang..

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

But if you don't wanna go that route, twin screw is what your looking for

#9 ·
Having to warm up the turbos won't hurt your bottom end at all? Just drive around normal for a few minutes before you get on it real hard. Turbos put down more hp and tq per psi than any blower, you just have a little bit of lag. But if you downshift and jump the rpms up when you launch it you will never even notice it

#11 ·
CodyNelson said:
Having to warm up the turbos won't hurt your bottom end at all? Just drive around normal for a few minutes before you get on it real hard. Turbos put down more hp and tq per psi than any blower, you just have a little bit of lag. But if you downshift and jump the rpms up when you launch it you will never even notice it
You mean spooling the turbo

#14 ·
Then yea Kenny bell! If you don't car about the price!!! Honestly a good suspension, tires and a tall gear.. Well dramatically make a difference.. Boosted motors are mor efficient on top end.. Boost is cool, but I'd think you could get great 0-60 times naturally aspirated and save a few bucks in the process.. Mostly bottom end and head work, and that ***** will scream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.