Close calls!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Close calls!!!

Share ur pics or stories of ur worst best accidents!!!!
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Tried to pass
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-198085447.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	738.8 KB
ID:	56000  
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
This is what happens when you take traction control off.....totaled back in January
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3346804389.png
Views:	314
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	56001  
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11
This is what happens when you take traction control off.....totaled back in January
Oh man that sucks, I don't have picks but a drunk guy ran me off the road when it was pouring. Lost control of the stang and hit the sidewalk dented my rims and now the wheels squeak when driving
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
As I recall my very first serious accident occurred on the way to school.

It was a damp, cool, overcast morning in mid march, I went a different route that morning, since I was taking care of a dog in a little different end of town, no biggie, it wasn't out of the way and with proper time budgeting, I knew I could make it to class on time. In fact I had to since my high school let seniors exempt the final if you had perfect attendance, or an A in the class, in ordet to exempt. Anyway, I was driving along, a quick check of the time reveled I would be to my parking spot with ten minutes to spare. Just enough time to go to my locker, say hey to my friends, and try to guess what our work-out would be that afternoon. So, far, so good, I'm cursing along, all the sudden, the mobile hose repair truck pulled out in front of me, of course they had to drive slow. I thought can they hurry up?? really? I need to move things are getting close. Alas the truck pulled off, I sped up, and i was on my way, chances are I'd still make my locker. Maybe not enough time to catch up with my friends, but just enough time to keep my attendance up. All is well, I take a quick right, and a quick left, traffic was flowing. No big deal, I look behind me to see if I could spot my friends car, when all of the sudden, I look up and traffic is dead stopped! I quickly slammed on the brakes, as quick, and, as hard, as I possibly could, it wasn't enough, my car was going to go straight into the back of a yellow Nissan Frontier, despite all my braking efforts, I plowed into the back, it was my first serious accident. I was terribly shaken up, the guy in the frontier, was like oh' man this your first accident? I was like yeah, he goes, well don't worry, each one after this gets a little easier. I was like thanks. He just wanted to get it checked out to make sure I didn't damage the trailer hitch. However, my Chrysler Sebring wasn't quite well. I buckled the hood, damaged both headlight assembly's, ruined the radiators, and the A/C compressor. That day was probably the 2nd worse day of my life!

The body shop I used was a StateFarm certified collision shop, so they took pictures sent them all to StateFarm. The shop said, if they can't find the parts for so much money, they were going to total the car out. I was actually excited about that since I desperately wanted an 05 Mustang. Although I was going to settle on a NewEdge like an 02, I was still happy, because a Mustang is a Mustang after all. But, they were able to fix it right in time for prom. And the car lived happily ever after until it developed a bad engine seal in 2008 when I found my Mustang.

Although 6 months after I bought it I dented the front bumper.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11
Ouch! That hurt. It's such a horrible feeling.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Kind of bad pictures, but this was about 3 months ago 1 week after I bought my car. I got in a 7 car accident where everyone rear ended each other. I was going 70 down the freeway and everyone starts braking very hard so I start matching there speed and would have stopped in time, but I looked in my rear view mirror because I have a paranoia or being rear ended and when I looked forward again everyone was braking harder than before and I had closed the distance in between me and the Honda, then the Honda rear ended the f350 in front of her at probably 30mph which didn't not give me enough time to stop and I hit her at like 10-15 mph. I was the last car in the chain and got a ticket for following to close even though I was not. The damage does not look to bad but it was $6800 worth of damage. Good thing my car has low miles or it would have totaled. I blame that stupid tow hook on the Honda for everything because her car is not even damaged except some paint. Sorry that is a long and lame story but I got excited, Haha. And u learned a lesson... Do not follow the person in front of you to close ore your weekend will be ruined.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120622_220244.png
Views:	224
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	56012   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120622_220303.png
Views:	222
Size:	523.6 KB
ID:	56013  

Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

And my accident is nothing compared to the previous ones so im lucky ones guess.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Re: Close calls!!!

how bout this one lol. this was my first wreck a telephone pole to the center of the car on a slick oily road going around a corner and overcorrected and whammo $4500 dollars later. i fixed it and sold it quickly after and that was only a 1999 35th anniversary v6 bone stock.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2806_1163655728799_3370123_n[1].jpg
Views:	252
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	56024  
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Well my first "accident" was in my jobs parking lot. We had a hurricane coming in hot, so it was already pouring down rain. I watched one of my friends pull into a parking space close by and as soon as i opened my door to get out, this lady whips it right in! She caught the very edge of my door while i was trying to get out! If she would have been 3 inches closer she would have broke my leg. All on all, her insurance had been canceled since april, so she got away with not paying an 1800 dollar repair bill because she sent her car off for a while! Luckily i had pics, and they ruled in my favor!

Next one, It was about 8 at night and pretty dark. I was making a hard right onto a road, as soon as it straightened up i gassed it. Not even a second after that a deer ran out in front of me and i swerved. At 45mph in a ditch incline with only the passenger front, and my side rear tire on the ground. I could of sat indian style under the tire hanging over the ditch. Got her pulled out, and only had a dent and crack in the bumper.

A week later, my friend who towed me out with his jeep, we were heading to town and getting on the on ramp. It was downhill with steep inclines on both sides. He decides it would be fun to break traction while making a hard right getting on the ramp. So he loses it, swerves right, then left, then the tires catch and we do a full 180 with traffic oncoming towards us. Momentum still caring us sliding to the side. As soon as the tires caught the dirt we were up on 2 wheels and stalled for atleast 3 seconds. Then we rolled down the hill starting on my side. A roll and a half, ended up driver side down. I was the first one to crawl out, people.were stopping and saying "that looked like something out of a movie" if only that were true! All in all, i was unharmed. My friend gashed his arm, the girl behind me got hit in the head with a 8 inch bazooka sub, and the girl beside her got hit in the face with my fat ps3.

We got lucky.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally2002
how bout this one lol. this was my first wreck a telephone pole to the center of the car on a slick oily road going around a corner and overcorrected and whammo $4500 dollars later. i fixed it and sold it quickly after and that was only a 1999 35th anniversary v6 bone stock.
Wow only 4500.. Not bad.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Glad your all ok! Had a spin out on a rainy day. Rain ha stopped but road was wet. Did a left turn at 30 mph onto on ramp. Thought I nailed it but at a out 100 feet while already almost straightened out my rear broke traction and tossed the rear to near 180 right, hung hard tight on steering, but counter force from changed momentum swung rear equal to left about 180 again. Countered one more time and it came back, but by now RPMs were down, and thankfully I was almost straight. Drove onto shoulder to inspect for damage but found none. Good thing is I have 255 nittos in front so the front always stick while the rear with 285 (tripple nickles) break loose. Suspension is Eibach pro complete. Now I am a little wary. Rear diff has t-locs. It's amazing that even with such large tires how early era stangs still break loose. 2 weeks ago at a stop light I lined up behind a 2012 5.0. Chased it into a left turn and started a 2 wheel spin on dry road. Yeah the 50 had I problem ((TC) while I looked cool fish tailing behind him, I kept on the gas while my SOHC was raging behind him...too bad cuz I had to let up for the next light just before a serious hook up. LOL. I gotta be more careful.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Semi ran a red light and just clipped the front of my car
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120628_092014.png
Views:	160
Size:	834.7 KB
ID:	56819   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120628_092021.png
Views:	138
Size:	790.4 KB
ID:	56820  

fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Close calls!!!

^^^^ I enjoyed the pictures of yalls cars during wrecks but when it comes done to it im glad to see everyone alive thats the main thing.

A friend of mine went from a 02 GT to a 03 cobra and only had it for two months. The car was pushing 625 to the wheels saw the dyno sheet myself and video when it was tuned. One wed night, on a semi busy road at 630pm. He got into a street race with another cobra and hit a woman that pulled out infront of him killing her on impact. The cops did some kinda test on the computer and said he was WOT and at the time of impact hit her 120MPH but said the car was close to top speed at one point. Him and is girl suffered broken bones and bruises and the guy in the back seat was thrown in the front hitting his head about where the radio is. They had to cut these guys out of the car, he was a young kid in a fast car and street racing. It screwed his life up and h served 5 years in jail. The wreck was so bad you couldnt tell it was a cobra anymore.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I was driving on my way to work a couple years ago, it was snowing pretty decently so I was driving like a granny. I was merging onto the highway doing about 40 when I shifted into 4th gear when the rear end just kicked out. I ended up spinning across 3 lanes of traffic doing 3 full spins before I came to a rest about 2 feet from the concrete median. Somehow I was lucky enough that the nearest car was 200 feet behind me. It absolutely scared the crap out of me.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258
Kind of bad pictures, but this was about 3 months ago 1 week after I bought my car. I got in a 7 car accident where everyone rear ended each other. I was going 70 down the freeway and everyone starts braking very hard so I start matching there speed and would have stopped in time, but I looked in my rear view mirror because I have a paranoia or being rear ended and when I looked forward again everyone was braking harder than before and I had closed the distance in between me and the Honda, then the Honda rear ended the f350 in front of her at probably 30mph which didn't not give me enough time to stop and I hit her at like 10-15 mph. I was the last car in the chain and got a ticket for following to close even though I was not. The damage does not look to bad but it was $6800 worth of damage. Good thing my car has low miles or it would have totaled. I blame that stupid tow hook on the Honda for everything because her car is not even damaged except some paint. Sorry that is a long and lame story but I got excited, Haha. And u learned a lesson... Do not follow the person in front of you to close ore your weekend will be ruined.
Why the F&@k are they putting tow hooks on Hondas???

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

Why the F&@k are they putting tow hooks on Hondas???
Haha, thank you! I was pissed, it was a piece of garbage Honda too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT