throttle body - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
throttle body

i have a 4.6 with a pi head swap and some little bolt ons and im thinking about getting a 70mm bbk throttle body. is it worth it? and any suggestions?
jstn_hasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: throttle body

Went I put one on my GT along with the plenium it was worth it far as response and I noticed a good increase in pull power.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I have the 70mm throttle body and plenum I like it gives it a lot better pic up.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

Region: Pennsylvania
well i didnt plan on getting the plenium just throttle body will i notice anything without it?
jstn_hasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn_hasty
well i didnt plan on getting the plenium just throttle body will i notice anything without it?
I'm sure you will but to get a 100% of the benefit you should get the combo package.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Plenum is necessary.. 70mm will fit but won't flow 70mm because your stock plenum is less than 70 mm.. It will flow less cfm.. Get the upper plenum with at least a 70 mm opening.. I believe they make 70's and 75s.... Summit had them on sale for $80 last month, don't know if that deal is still going on...
Illdrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn_hasty
i have a 4.6 with a pi head swap and some little bolt ons and im thinking about getting a 70mm bbk throttle body. is it worth it? and any suggestions?
I have one, but can't realize the potential till I go PI. I think it will work out great. Great throttle response. Like I said, my only restriction now is not having PI heads.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
I have one, but can't realize the potential till I go PI. I think it will work out great. Great throttle response. Like I said, my only restriction now is not having PI heads.
If you live close by or want to pay for shipping I have PI heads but it will need a valve though.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post
If you live close by or want to pay for shipping I have PI heads but it will need a valve though.
In live near FT Bragg NC.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
In live near FT Bragg NC.
How much you asking? How bout trading?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

For the heads alone maybe 150?....cuz I know shipping is going to be a nightmare.....trading for what?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
For the heads alone maybe 150?....cuz I know shipping is going to be a nightmare.....trading for what?
150$? That's a steal! Last97 if you have a air compressor then maybe you could get a porting kit from mr gasket. Because I think porting your own heads and being able to brag about it... Lol I just stole that idea from an episode from horse power tv I watched today. It was called "porting and polishing your own heads" or something like that ha ha.. I don't know thou really if it's that hard, but it sure didn't look that hard...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright View Post
150$? That's a steal! Last97 if you have a air compressor then maybe you could get a porting kit from mr gasket. Because I think porting your own heads and being able to brag about it... Lol I just stole that idea from an episode from horse power tv I watched today. It was called "porting and polishing your own heads" or something like that ha ha.. I don't know thou really if it's that hard, but it sure didn't look that hard...
Thats a steal as in good or bad? thats 150 for both not ea...
Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats a steal as in good or bad? thats 150 for both not ea...
Yeah that's what i meant... This I pad suck as far as spell check goes sorry yeah $150 is a real good deal because anyone wouldn't sell a set ah heads way more than that, even for used ones anyways, I think..

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Yeah that's what i meant... This I pad suck as far as spell check goes sorry yeah $150 is a real good deal because anyone wouldn't sell a set ah heads way more than that, even for used ones anyways, I think..
Wow! What I meant to say is if he buys the heads, then maybe he could port them too... I don't know it would be cool to do, and be able to brag about it... That last post looked really retarded ha ha...
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright View Post

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Wow! What I meant to say is if he buys the heads, then maybe he could port them too... I don't know it would be cool to do, and be able to brag about it... That last post looked really retarded ha ha...
aw okie I gotcha....

jstn_hasty sorry didnt mean to get off topic....
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

aw okie I gotcha....

jstn_hasty sorry didnt mean to get off topic....
Yeah sorry, but American Muscle has a throttle body and plenum by SR performance I think that's the brand for real good price... Actually I just looked at them, and the body is $149. And the plenum is on sale for $119. That's s steal too I think...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT