New member, new modder questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
Region: Arizona
New member, new modder questions

So a little intro. I got an 04 GT about a year ago and I love it. Always liked mustangs and when I saw it at the dealer it looked amazing and I couldn't not get it. I've been driving it around for the year and I've decided I want to be faster.

Now I haven't ever been into fooling with cars' insides, and while my brother and dad were into it growing up, I never did any of it. The military, though, decided that I was mechanically inclined. Go figure. But I've been working on jets for awhile and I guess I am. I'm pretty confident I can start messing around with bolt ons and things like that without much problem.

My problem is I don't know jack. I know of parts, but I don't know what most of them do or what benefit they'll give me. I do know what end result I'm looking for, so I was hoping to get some advice from the masters (that's you guys) on making mustangs even better.

I want to do it in two phases. First I want to get it from stock to around 300 hp simply and cost effective. From there, phase two would be to get to 400+ hp, but between the two phases I plan to work on visual customizations.

So the question is, what's the easiest way to get another 40 or so hp? I'm not looking for a single shot deal, multiple mods is fine with me, whatever will help create a good base to move into phase 2 when my wife lets me drop some real cash on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sov04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: New member, new modder questions

The first mods normally done a 2v are exhaust, intake with a ported throttle body and plenum, and gears. Those 3 main parts right there will net you some good seat of the pants enjoyment, but not necessarily horsepower...

"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to modularmadman
Re: New member, new modder questions

Hi, I have been planning to go beastmode on my car since the time I was 12,

I drive a 1998 mustang GT, and it has nearly 210K miles on it

I have compiled a list of things I plan on doing to my car:

1. Rebuild the engine, or buy a new motor
2. Repaint my car (its faded)
3. Reupholster my car due to the face that the leather on the steering wheel is rubbed off, and the seats are cracked and torn
3.5(lol) due to the fact I'm not sure if a new steering wheel is upholstery i decided to give it its own category
4. Get some Decent Suspension work done to it, (i.e. shocks, struts ect.)
5. Supercharger!!!
6. Headers, either BBK, or Hooker
7. To wrap it up, the Mach1000 sound system

I need to get some opinions on Brands of suspension parts, and brands of superchargers, and i also need price estimates, and opinions on if these are good mods to my car?
modularmadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT