Loud Noise in Mach 460 system - HELP!!
My stereo is not playing any music through the speakers but instead makes a very loud bass vibrating noise.
Someone please help me isolate the problem based on the following observations:
- My convertible top leaked right over the amplifiers in the trunk/behind seat (I recently found an repaired the leak after I thought the amplifier was the issue)
- I can remove the stereo, CD player and pull the keys out of the ignition and it will continue doing it until I unplug one of the two amp connectors
- This was doing this about a year ago and I took it to a shop for trouble-shooting. They said they plugged the head unit back in and the stereo worked fine...and stopped making the noise. Then it worked normally for a year.
- I opened one of the amplifier and found some corrosion on the pcb near the connector. I cleaned it but it still didn't work. The other amplifier did not show any signs of corrosion or water intrusion. Hence, I figured that it was simply one bad amplifier.
- I received 2 amplifiers which are USED. I was thriled to get them and plugged them in and heard no noise. Then I plugged in my stereo and CD player. When I pressed the power button on the stereo is was sweet victory...NOT!!!!! That hideous and ominous noise made my heart sink. Now what?????
- I noticed that one of the pair which I purhased had some oxidation and figured that maybe I had two good and two bad amplifiers. No combination has worked. I will get two amplifiers from the dealer tomorrow as they indicated that they do not test them.
- I hope they shipped me crappy amplifiers last time and good ones this time....problem will be solved. However, I believe that this may be something else. Bad connector pins at the wire harness to the amplifier?
Does anyone know what may be causing this? Is it possible that the front amplifier is bad? That one of the connections in the stereo is bad? Help!!!