03 Mach 1 motor build - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Another reason I am thinking of selling my 98 and getting something better. Like I said in the previous threads. I could get a lower mileage automatic F body with a few mods for not much more than I'd get selling my 98 and that car is an infinitely better starting platform for going fast in a straight line.
You couldn't do it Scotty. Not a Camaro. Maybe a Vette. You'd be standing there thinking about buying it and imagining yourself behind the wheel and you just wouldn't be able to pull the trigger... Nope.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
You couldn't do it Scotty. Not a Camaro. Maybe a Vette. You'd be standing there thinking about buying it and imagining yourself behind the wheel and you just wouldn't be able to pull the trigger... Nope.
Eh... going from 260hp to 350hp and being near or close to cost neutral with 1000x higher ceiling on mod potential is really starting to make me think.

You really just can't beat the F body for bang for the buck and they are practically being given away these days from the lurking I've been doing on LS1 forums.

With that said I'm anal retentive and would be hard pressed to find something as clean as my Mustang although they are out there. Example is a 1999 Formula with 30k original miles making 340whp through a stalled auto 3 hours south of me. Dude wants $12k, car is worth more like $8-$9k. If I got something like it for the $8-$9k mark I'm not into it for much and running well into the 11s all motor.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
looks aren't everything but a 99 Camaro or trans am are ugly as ****
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
*Brings out the torches and pitch forks*

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
looks aren't everything but a 99 Camaro or trans am are ugly as ****
Eh... there are worse, there are better than the Catfish too. I love the front of the TA but hate the bubble *** on it. Like the rear of the Camaro but the front looks like a vacuum cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
*Brings out the torches and pitch forks*
Tons of Mustang guys are like that. I'm more of a "I like fast cars" guy. The whole Mustang vs Camaro thing is lulzy to me anyway.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
do you run your car at the strip scotty? what are your times?

OP why a procharger? why not a turbo or a blower? is there something more ideal about these prochargers.. Curious as I am sure next summer some type of fI will need to take place
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have never run the 98 no. I'm guessing I could get a mid 13 out of it as it sits. Once the new trans goes in and gets broken in anyway. I actually am going to try to get down to Atco this summer for giggles but I'm not expecting anything world beating. I have actually not been to a track since the late 2000s when my kid was born.

A procharger IS a blower. Its a centrifugal supercharger just like a Vortech or a Paxton. They are all basically competitors but you'll see the Vortechs more than anything as far as centri blowers go. Turbos are more suited for automatics although if I put a power adder on my 2V it would be a positive displacement style supercharger. This would be an Roots/Twin Screw style like an Eaton/KB/Whipple. Modulars need all the help they can get down low.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT