Having a Different perspective on engine Tuners - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Having a Different perspective on engine Tuners

I find it amazing that Tuners such as BAMA, Livernois Motorsports, and some others seen not to be able to email tune a, what I see a simple setup. Ok this is what I have. 2002 Mustang GT with 4.6L 4v (98 setup). I have Bassani Mid length headers with their powerX o/r x pipe with a MAC cat-back. 3:73 gears (speed-cal corrected.). Im just saying couldn't you just tune it with 4v inputs under a RYAF0 strategy? I tried calling VMP Tuning but I was put on hold for 29min when I hung up and called back, no one answered because it was 12:01 and they went to lunch, so not cool.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
They probably don't wanna take the liability of tuning a car that's not in their possession. Think about it from a business stand point, would you risk blowing a motor from a custom build just to make that $75?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Having a Different perspective on engine Tuners

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
They probably don't wanna take the liability of tuning a car that's not in their possession. Think about it from a business stand point, would you risk blowing a motor from a custom build just to make that $75?
Nicely said... but that would be for any email tune, for any setup in for which they do not have in their possession. And as far as a risk, I think we all take a risk when flashing ecm's and with business there are things such as waivers that can be used. All I'm saying is that there is no difference tuning a say a 99 cobra with same upgrades and flashing my ecm. I have datalog info as well to send in. And when I find a tuner that will take the risk, I get the 30min hold button. Looking at the world of tuners it reminds me of the old record stores I frequented. VMP Tuned a friend of mines swap. And his setup was a 99 v6 car swapped to a Mark engine with an 03 GT manual ecm. So I know it can be done.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Having a Different perspective on engine Tuners

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad View Post
I find it amazing that Tuners such as BAMA, Livernois Motorsports, and some others seen not to be able to email tune a, what I see a simple setup. Ok this is what I have. 2002 Mustang GT with 4.6L 4v (98 setup). I have Bassani Mid length headers with their powerX o/r x pipe with a MAC cat-back. 3:73 gears (speed-cal corrected.). Im just saying couldn't you just tune it with 4v inputs under a RYAF0 strategy? I tried calling VMP Tuning but I was put on hold for 29min when I hung up and called back, no one answered because it was 12:01 and they went to lunch, so not cool.

32vNomad,

We do understand that it can be done, however there is so many things that can go wrong during installation of the swap that can complicate the tune. We recommend going to a shop to be dyno tuned for swapped cars. Mainly because if anything goes wrong, they are witnessing it first hand & can trouble shoot the car right then & there. Also that allows for less downtime of your vehicle.

I am sorry we could not be more help, I am going to link you to our discloser for future reference! I hope this clears things up a bit.

What we don't tune for.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT