Possibly getting a '13 Gt. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09

Kenne bell with 18 lbs of boost will do it
So in all honesty, the termi is cheeper, already preped for high boost. And for only 20k? Wouldnt a termi be the smartest way to go?
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeverEnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

What is your opinion of 'A beast'? SOme think 400hp is a beast...some think 600hp, I think 1000hp is a beast.

Personally, besides the Foxes, I thnk the New Edge is a pretty damn sexy mustang. Granted the 13s are sick...and Id love to have a new 5.0. But the ONLY thing keeping me from doing it, is the payment/price.

Sounds like to me...your New Edge is already paid for...and with 40k in the bank. YOu could make it do ANYTHING you want. Im not kidding...ANYTHING.

Another thing you need to think about, and ive been down this road...more than one mustang in the stable, can create problems. Things like, which one do I mod, which one do I go crazy with, which one do I want to keep stock just for looks, which one is my daily, which one is more race, when you have two mustangs, its hard to decide what to mod to which car. etc etc.

Now IM not telling you to not have two mustangs...cause as you can see, I have quite a few. BUt I have goals with each one...you just need to decide what YOU want. Not what other ppl want. I can tell you what I would do. 40k in the bank...ha...man...here we go.

Take 10-15k. Put it down on a base '13 GT. Do some simple mods to liven it up. IE, Exhaust, Headers, Boss intake, Gears, and a tune. Maybe a 50-100 shot...itll run 10s in that form...shouldn't be more than 5k for all that. Then you have a cheap car payment and have a fast fun car that is a daily status...gets 25+mpg, is comfortable, can take on trips and is still a blast to drive...

That leaves you about 20k for the new edge. You can make a good 10-9 sec car for 10-15k. Depending on how light and how far you are willing to take the motor/suspension/trans...and the car. The fastest combo I have had to date is the one in my sig...89 Coupe...drag car ish. WHile I love this combo. It isn't for most ppl...most ppl still want AC, heat..power steering...etc etc. YOu just need to decide how fast/beast you want this. What you are willing to sacrifice on this one...since you have another car...

As far as what type of power...that will determine the price...NA is gonna cost..., but then again, so is boost. What you put into a NA system in the motor.heads...etc etc...you will need more in the fuel system for boost.

Also...the heavier you are...the more power you need to go fast...so if you like all the AC and stuff...look to make 600-700+hp to be able to run a deep 10/9 sec 1/4 mile.

If it were me. Id almost gut the car...leave heat in it...but lose everything else but the interior. Id run a nasty NA setup that scares little children when you roll by and its chopping like an asain at a hibatchi grill. lol.

If you don't like NA...and want some boost. Turbo would be the only thing Id look at...after all...you want this thing a 'beast' right? Slap a good auto in it and run some 9s with about 600rwhp. I did it...well I ran a 10 with a 9 sec trap speed...so on the street it was a 9 sec car...If I would have had a Transbrake...it was 9s.

Anyway. All depends on what you are looking for as the 'beast'...

I can go further into a build and what you need, after you decide on a beast mode or another car...

Good luck...
__________________
89 Coupe-Carbd 32v, 437rwhp NA, 592rwhp Spray
79 Coupe-Project IRS, 32v, AC Daily Driver
01 Bullitt-B cammed 32v (wifes)
00 Expedition-L swapped, SuperCharged Boat
07 Expedition-stock (wifes), Tow Vehicle
NeverEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
Depends on what your goals are. You can have a 450rwhp street car(mach1) for like 14-16k or a 500+ cobra for 20 or so. Both have pros and cons. Cobra- all forged, bad ***, will always hold a better resale. Mach 1- cheaper insurance, stronger axle, cheaper to start with, and kinda more unique. Not everybody has a blower on one is what I meant by that.
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
What is your opinion of 'A beast'? SOme think 400hp is a beast...some think 600hp, I think 1000hp is a beast.

Personally, besides the Foxes, I thnk the New Edge is a pretty damn sexy mustang. Granted the 13s are sick...and Id love to have a new 5.0. But the ONLY thing keeping me from doing it, is the payment/price.

Sounds like to me...your New Edge is already paid for...and with 40k in the bank. YOu could make it do ANYTHING you want. Im not kidding...ANYTHING.

Another thing you need to think about, and ive been down this road...more than one mustang in the stable, can create problems. Things like, which one do I mod, which one do I go crazy with, which one do I want to keep stock just for looks, which one is my daily, which one is more race, when you have two mustangs, its hard to decide what to mod to which car. etc etc.

Now IM not telling you to not have two mustangs...cause as you can see, I have quite a few. BUt I have goals with each one...you just need to decide what YOU want. Not what other ppl want. I can tell you what I would do. 40k in the bank...ha...man...here we go.

Take 10-15k. Put it down on a base '13 GT. Do some simple mods to liven it up. IE, Exhaust, Headers, Boss intake, Gears, and a tune. Maybe a 50-100 shot...itll run 10s in that form...shouldn't be more than 5k for all that. Then you have a cheap car payment and have a fast fun car that is a daily status...gets 25+mpg, is comfortable, can take on trips and is still a blast to drive...

That leaves you about 20k for the new edge. You can make a good 10-9 sec car for 10-15k. Depending on how light and how far you are willing to take the motor/suspension/trans...and the car. The fastest combo I have had to date is the one in my sig...89 Coupe...drag car ish. WHile I love this combo. It isn't for most ppl...most ppl still want AC, heat..power steering...etc etc. YOu just need to decide how fast/beast you want this. What you are willing to sacrifice on this one...since you have another car...

As far as what type of power...that will determine the price...NA is gonna cost..., but then again, so is boost. What you put into a NA system in the motor.heads...etc etc...you will need more in the fuel system for boost.

Also...the heavier you are...the more power you need to go fast...so if you like all the AC and stuff...look to make 600-700+hp to be able to run a deep 10/9 sec 1/4 mile.

If it were me. Id almost gut the car...leave heat in it...but lose everything else but the interior. Id run a nasty NA setup that scares little children when you roll by and its chopping like an asain at a hibatchi grill. lol.

If you don't like NA...and want some boost. Turbo would be the only thing Id look at...after all...you want this thing a 'beast' right? Slap a good auto in it and run some 9s with about 600rwhp. I did it...well I ran a 10 with a 9 sec trap speed...so on the street it was a 9 sec car...If I would have had a Transbrake...it was 9s.

Anyway. All depends on what you are looking for as the 'beast'...

I can go further into a build and what you need, after you decide on a beast mode or another car...

Good luck...
Ok, say for instance I decided to just build the 2v and make it a beast. And keep in mind, its a vert too. How would you go about doing this? I would like it to be a 10 second car with a/c and full interior if possible...
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeverEnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

Take that 2v. Slap Forged Rods and pistons in. Get 600-650rwhp, turbo, centri, PD, however you want.. Get a cage, and good subframes. PUt a 31 spline posi in it and a trans that can hold the power. Upper and lower control arms, front tubular K member, etc etc. Thats prob the cheapest way.

10s.

Edit. Id choose turbo over blowers.
__________________
89 Coupe-Carbd 32v, 437rwhp NA, 592rwhp Spray
79 Coupe-Project IRS, 32v, AC Daily Driver
01 Bullitt-B cammed 32v (wifes)
00 Expedition-L swapped, SuperCharged Boat
07 Expedition-stock (wifes), Tow Vehicle
NeverEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang.racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 915
[QUOTE="NeverEnuff"]Take that 2v. Slap Forged Rods and pistons in. Get 600-650rwhp, turbo, centri, PD, however you want.. Get a cage, and good subframes. PUt a 31 spline posi in it and a trans that can hold the power. Upper and lower control arms, front tubular K member, etc etc.

Annnnnd a partridge in a pear tree
__________________
having a fine car that is slow is like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out!
Stang.racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeverEnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

I mean bascially you need to make the motor handle the power first. Thats the part ppl think is the suckiest. But id rather do that than fuel systems any day. forging the motor ill prob be the second, if not the cheapest part of the build. Rods-450 Pistons-650-800. Then a few hundred in machine work. Bam. 800+hp shortblock for 1500-2000 with main studs, bearings and oil pump.

Fuel system is gonna NEED twin pumps, BAP, 60s, depending on boost choice...maybe 73s.

suspension. K memeber, control arms, springs. it can get spendy too.

Then the power adder...
__________________
89 Coupe-Carbd 32v, 437rwhp NA, 592rwhp Spray
79 Coupe-Project IRS, 32v, AC Daily Driver
01 Bullitt-B cammed 32v (wifes)
00 Expedition-L swapped, SuperCharged Boat
07 Expedition-stock (wifes), Tow Vehicle
NeverEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
I mean bascially you need to make the motor handle the power first. Thats the part ppl think is the suckiest. But id rather do that than fuel systems any day. forging the motor ill prob be the second, if not the cheapest part of the build. Rods-450 Pistons-650-800. Then a few hundred in machine work. Bam. 800+hp shortblock for 1500-2000 with main studs, bearings and oil pump.

Fuel system is gonna NEED twin pumps, BAP, 60s, depending on boost choice...maybe 73s.

suspension. K memeber, control arms, springs. it can get spendy too.

Then the power adder...
Could it be done with 20k?
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeverEnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

^ easily. At least I know I could.

Motor-
Rods-450-500
Pistons-800 (nice ones)
Main studs-120
Bearings-130
Machine work-300
Head studs-250
Head gaskets-100
Cams-550
Valve springs-250
Machine work/valve job for heads-300

Fuel
Twin Cobra pumps-150-200 (used)
KB BAP-200-250
60lb injectors-200-300 (used or new)

Suspension
BMR upper/Lower control arms-300? I haven't checked thier prices lately


As far as a trans...you have a few options...but I think to get a solid repeatable 10, you prob should be looking at an auto swap. It pretty much the only trans thats gonna hold the power save for a TKO 500/600. WHich I hate...they are notchy and don't shift well. Along with a T56...which I think is better than a 500/600. So...depending which route you go there will determine the price. I did my Auto swap for around 2000-2500.

Lastly the turbo kit. (or thats what Im figuring anyway)...pick one that you like. lol. I liked my HP Twin Kit. Turbos in the bumper...twins. Thier stage 1 kit will get you your power goal...and stage ii will go to 850+hp. If you can do work yourself...I suggest looking at CGFabrication. THey make some really nice 'almost' do it yourself kits. Basically the hot side, then you fabricate the cold side. Which isn't really that hard. They have single and twin kits available. And they have street kits which I htink have other piping as well. Turbo kit can range anywhere from 3-8k depending on your skillz and doing things yourself to save money...

Add all that up...figure in 500 for random BS...

8K turbo setup- (i think you can get a completel Hellion kit for that. Way nice as well)
2500 trans setup
750-800 fuel setup
3500 motor

Figure on the high end...15k or so. And most 'bolt on' turbo kits come with front tubular everything for suspension.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

ANd a lot of this is figuring NEW parts. If you source everything used. You can cut that price by 30% or more...

I had used Manley/SVT rods in my TT build...
Probe pistons...
my shortblock cost me less than 1k to build...well right at 1.2k with main studs. Used isn't bad...as long as you know what you are getting used.
__________________
89 Coupe-Carbd 32v, 437rwhp NA, 592rwhp Spray
79 Coupe-Project IRS, 32v, AC Daily Driver
01 Bullitt-B cammed 32v (wifes)
00 Expedition-L swapped, SuperCharged Boat
07 Expedition-stock (wifes), Tow Vehicle
NeverEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnuff
^ easily. At least I know I could.

Motor-
Rods-450-500
Pistons-800 (nice ones)
Main studs-120
Bearings-130
Machine work-300
Head studs-250
Head gaskets-100
Cams-550
Valve springs-250
Machine work/valve job for heads-300

Fuel
Twin Cobra pumps-150-200 (used)
KB BAP-200-250
60lb injectors-200-300 (used or new)

Suspension
BMR upper/Lower control arms-300? I haven't checked thier prices lately

As far as a trans...you have a few options...but I think to get a solid repeatable 10, you prob should be looking at an auto swap. It pretty much the only trans thats gonna hold the power save for a TKO 500/600. WHich I hate...they are notchy and don't shift well. Along with a T56...which I think is better than a 500/600. So...depending which route you go there will determine the price. I did my Auto swap for around 2000-2500.

Lastly the turbo kit. (or thats what Im figuring anyway)...pick one that you like. lol. I liked my HP Twin Kit. Turbos in the bumper...twins. Thier stage 1 kit will get you your power goal...and stage ii will go to 850+hp. If you can do work yourself...I suggest looking at CGFabrication. THey make some really nice 'almost' do it yourself kits. Basically the hot side, then you fabricate the cold side. Which isn't really that hard. They have single and twin kits available. And they have street kits which I htink have other piping as well. Turbo kit can range anywhere from 3-8k depending on your skillz and doing things yourself to save money...

Add all that up...figure in 500 for random BS...

8K turbo setup- (i think you can get a completel Hellion kit for that. Way nice as well)
2500 trans setup
750-800 fuel setup
3500 motor

Figure on the high end...15k or so. And most 'bolt on' turbo kits come with front tubular everything for suspension.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

ANd a lot of this is figuring NEW parts. If you source everything used. You can cut that price by 30% or more...

I had used Manley/SVT rods in my TT build...
Probe pistons...
my shortblock cost me less than 1k to build...well right at 1.2k with main studs. Used isn't bad...as long as you know what you are getting used.
I think I may stick with the 2v in that case, and eventually get an 11 or 12 v6 for the new style and the gas mpg. The rest could be sunk into the new edge, I just like the 2v idea because almost nobody has a fully built and boosted 2v making 700+ hp, atleast not that ive met..plus im kind of attatched to my car, and would love to see it in new condition making some amazing numbers.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeverEnuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

Well...if you need a builder/machine shop, shop...let me know. I can handle whatever you need.

Shoot me a PM.

Located in Texas...
__________________
89 Coupe-Carbd 32v, 437rwhp NA, 592rwhp Spray
79 Coupe-Project IRS, 32v, AC Daily Driver
01 Bullitt-B cammed 32v (wifes)
00 Expedition-L swapped, SuperCharged Boat
07 Expedition-stock (wifes), Tow Vehicle
NeverEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
UPDATE!!!

Going to go look at this '12 5.0 tomorrow. If everything checks out, ill be bringing her home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120826-122621.png
Views:	80
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	65708  
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #83
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

Looks good and seems like a good deal... do yourself a favor though and do just a little more research on cargurus.com will help give you a better idea on what people are actually paying and if you're getting the best deal possible.

by the way, best color EVER
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
I am. Ive looked at a few already..and yeah grabber blue is sexy..that or white and black..
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #85
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

^ ok cool! just looking out for you brother
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
TopgearGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 177
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

I think your making the right choice! just go with whatever you want!! not what other people on the forum say! Cause the people comenting on this thread are comenting about what they want and your not them!
__________________
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/25023-albums2837-17413.jpg
CSVT and 02 GT!
TopgearGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
I drove a black one the other day...and holy **** are they fast lol big step up in power over my new edge
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
TopgearGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 177
Re: Possibly getting a '13 Gt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I drove a black one the other day...and holy **** are they fast lol big step up in power over my new edge
sounds like your falling in love with the new stangs! I love that slammed into the seat feeling. The new edge just doesn't have that! :/
__________________
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/25023-albums2837-17413.jpg
CSVT and 02 GT!
TopgearGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Yeah..i love my new edge to death but damn that 5.0 can get down and go like a bat outa hell lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
Stick?
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Of course
It was the best 5 minutes if my life...well the second best 5 minutes of my life xD lmao
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Ended up not getting the 5.0 obviously, it had some issues..and I found a nice 69 Fastback I think I may go with, I'd rather invest in that. If anything I'll wait around a bit and go for a 5.0 when I find "the one" but for now, I think I wanna see what happens with the 69.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
UPDATE!!!
Just picked her up today
2013 5.0 6 speed Manual
I'm in love.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121202_194645.png
Views:	77
Size:	598.5 KB
ID:	78943  
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14
UPDATE!!!
Just picked her up today
2013 5.0 6 speed Manual
I'm in love.
Congrats!! She looks great!
blackmustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmustang12

Congrats!! She looks great!
Thanks! Huge upgrade from my new edge lol trying to think of a name for her
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #96
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
That's awesome man! Specs?
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
UPDATE!!!
Just picked her up today
2013 5.0 6 speed Manual
I'm in love.
Congrats it beautiful
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Nice! Jelous a bit
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
I have a couple questions, first off, what are my limits with my warranty as far as mods go? I want a tuner, but im scared ill void the warranty if I tune it.. Knowing my luck, ill tune it and blow the engine 2 weeks later lol

And second, I want some nice wheels, either some solid chrome bullits or the black bullits with the chrome lip..? And idk what size to go for? Like 20's? Ive got a thing for the muscle car looking wheels..lol but id like some suggestions on wheels, open to other wheel designs, pics would be nice too
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I have a couple questions, first off, what are my limits with my warranty as far as mods go? I want a tuner, but im scared ill void the warranty if I tune it.. Knowing my luck, ill tune it and blow the engine 2 weeks later lol

And second, I want some nice wheels, either some solid chrome bullits or the black bullits with the chrome lip..? And idk what size to go for? Like 20's? Ive got a thing for the muscle car looking wheels..lol but id like some suggestions on wheels, open to other wheel designs, pics would be nice too
Good buy! That is a beautiful stang. Have fun with that beast. A tune will void your warranty but it should only void your drivetrain warranty because that is all that will be altered with a tuner. Although some dealerships will try to void your whole warranty for putting a tune on your car. You can try returning it to stock tune to have it worked on. Sometimes that works and sometimes not. There have been a few good talkers that have talked the dealership into covering their car for warranty work after a tune but not many. Pretty much you can get CAI and axle back exhaust and be under warranty still. It's best to talk it over with you local dealership and make the manager there your best bud lol. I believe most people are running 20's on newer stangs but I'm not sure. Sweet looking stang and good luck with her. Don't abuse her too much!
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14
I have a couple questions, first off, what are my limits with my warranty as far as mods go? I want a tuner, but im scared ill void the warranty if I tune it.. Knowing my luck, ill tune it and blow the engine 2 weeks later lol

And second, I want some nice wheels, either some solid chrome bullits or the black bullits with the chrome lip..? And idk what size to go for? Like 20's? Ive got a thing for the muscle car looking wheels..lol but id like some suggestions on wheels, open to other wheel designs, pics would be nice too
I picked up a 2012 yesterday. I made them put it on the computer to make shur no tune had been on the car before. The head tech told me the dealers have to prove the tune had actually done the damage inorder to void the warranty. I for got to ask him who paid the attorney fees when they say It's voided tho.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #102
Registered User
Newbie
 
Trickster929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Hawaii
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
UPDATE!!!
Just picked her up today
2013 5.0 6 speed Manual
I'm in love.
Very very nice!!!! I'm definitely jealous!
Trickster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.