exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
exhaust

i was wanting to know if anyone had magnapacks on their gt? if so id like to know how they sound, thanks alot, and wheres the cheapest place to get just the mufflers?
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the magnaflow mufflers, I know that's not what you asked for but I love them. They are mean when you open up the throttle and nice and tame when idle. But I assume resonators to be twice as loud as the mufflers. I'm sure you'll be heard from quite a distance. Haha From what I'm told those types of exhaust sound more raspy and racecarish especially with an X pipe
CrookedHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalos
I have the magnaflow mufflers, I know that's not what you asked for but I love them. They are mean when you open up the throttle and nice and tame when idle. But I assume resonators to be twice as loud as the mufflers. I'm sure you'll be heard from quite a distance. Haha From what I'm told those types of exhaust sound more raspy and racecarish especially with an X pipe
What mufflers you have? I'm looking for something fairly cheap prolly Jus gonna do mufflers and cat deletes/ gutting for.now. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I went with a MAC o/r Hpipe with the magnaflow chambered muffler stainless steel cat back from American Muscle. Think it cost me about 700 total and around 100 for installation. I had rusted bolts on my stock exhaust so I had to get a shop to do it.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: exhaust

look into a mac prochamber...you won't be dissapointed

i've heard them with mac mufflers and it's a great combo...but they also sound good with flowmasters
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

okay thanks alot guys, i found some one chamber magnaflows on amazon for 65 each, i might try those idk yet, ima look into the pro chambers first
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

remember a prochamber is just a new midpipe...not mufflers...but it's an amazing difference from an h or x pipe
Old 07-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Pro chamber is like $300 x.x
A simple Hpipe will run you $120 MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT SIZE to fit your stock headers.
IMO I'd get a whole exhaust kit. The wider tubes make better sound and performance and they are mandrel bent. But I'm the kinda guy who says if I'm going to do it, I'm gonna spend the money to do it right the first time.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalos View Post
Pro chamber is like $300 x.x
A simple Hpipe will run you $120 MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT SIZE to fit your stock headers.
IMO I'd get a whole exhaust kit. The wider tubes make better sound and performance and they are mandrel bent. But I'm the kinda guy who says if I'm going to do it, I'm gonna spend the money to do it right the first time.
to me it's worth the money lol...but of course used they run around $50-100....i found mine for $30 on craigslist
Old 07-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

to me it's worth the money lol...but of course used they run around $50-100....i found mine for $30 on craigslist
You found a h pipe for 30?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust