32 valve foxbody - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
32 valve foxbody

i need some minor help on wiring issues with my swap,its all in there down to hydro boost and aje crossmember.have modified the factory harness and install factory computer, i can spin motor over but have no coil signal from pcm.please give me some direction on my issues started this last june and have only worked on it around 60 hours
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Uh.. I'm gonna need A LOT more details hehe
Start with what you have then describe in extreem detail the whole electical circuit that you have going on there. And exactly what you modified from stock.
Let's get ur baby runnin man! ur almost there right
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So, you're trying to run that on the stock fox's computer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Cool

I have the 1996 cobra pcm, the harness that runs out through the fire wall n the relay box that was mounted on right inner fender,modified the factory harness by getting rid of all pats & tats system parts and hard wiring for the starter and fuel pump to run from fox body harness, trying to use engine with pcm as stand alone, have 53 psi fuel pressure the injectors are clicking n spraying but no pulse from pcm to fire coils. Mitchell on demand does not show pats controlling anything with spark, i do have a crankshaft signal from sensor.the harness outside on right fender just past the breakout for the maf has 2 seperate pig tail, 1 16 pin and 1 4 pin round plug, the 16 pin is for the abs but i dont know what the round 4 pin is for, has blk wire a blk w/ red or orange trip, a blk w/pink and another blk w/ a stripe, i think it is a ground junction but mitchell does not show it
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: 32 valve foxbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Horse View Post
I have the 1996 cobra pcm, the harness that runs out through the fire wall n the relay box that was mounted on right inner fender,modified the factory harness by getting rid of all pats & tats system parts and hard wiring for the starter and fuel pump to run from fox body harness, trying to use engine with pcm as stand alone, have 53 psi fuel pressure the injectors are clicking n spraying but no pulse from pcm to fire coils. Mitchell on demand does not show pats controlling anything with spark, i do have a crankshaft signal from sensor.the harness outside on right fender just past the breakout for the maf has 2 separate pig tail, 1 16 pin and 1 4 pin round plug, the 16 pin is for the abs but i dont know what the round 4 pin is for, has blk wire a blk w/ red or orange trip, a blk w/pink and another blk w/ a stripe, i think it is a ground junction but Mitchell does not show it
I believe that PATS is also in the PCM programing, it may need to be flashed. Because from what I understand is that the PCM needs to have the PATS tell it to start the vehicle. Just a question did you research this before you dove in? Not trying to sound rude just asking backstory. But I will say that the Mitchell is crap when trying to do wiring.

32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 32 valve foxbody

i did indepth research before i dove in, i teach an electrical automotive class, i found 2 different threads talking about modifiying harness and using factory computer like plug n play. i do have a partial dash harness and halo with the pellet and pats module that all came out of the donor car. had it wired in and still no coil signal. or i can get a bypass module for remote start to get around it

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

will load a pic of modded harness in my garage

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

i checked out your motor build pics. nice work

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Worse case could tow car north of my location to have it flashed out of the pcm and loose the emissions because my state doesn't have emissions
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Any codes?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just emission codes, found out what I did wrong, do not have harness that runs from constant relay box to under hood fuse panel, will get them this Saturday then it will run. SO I really do not have power to my coils .
Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ah! Yah that would b a prob hehe glad u got it figured out bet that makes ya happy huh specially since, now, u dont have to ask ur students for help lol joke. Naw we got ur back man
Old 07-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I thank u for your words of encouragement , but when u are dealing with a donor car that was wrecked and been in salvage for 4years did not realize it was missing cause was kind of picked over n damaged when I stripped its heart out. Also just figured out the 98 gt in the garage was a great reference point. Thought they were different from cobra wiring but they r the same FYI guys
Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
If you don't mind me asking, how did you run your fuel lines? I've been sourcing donors and thats the only part of the swap that I'm not sure of.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I took the fuel lines from the 96 wrecked car and ran them under the fox, using stock fox pump and any an95 gt or cobra will do for fuel lines, there's no difference in them
Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Horse
I took the fuel lines from the 96 wrecked car and ran them under the fox, using stock fox pump and any an95 gt or cobra will do for fuel lines, there's no difference in them
Sweet, thanks.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Have install dash harness n partial body harness abs still have no coil spark. Coils r good had them swapped with another car n they work. Missing something to constant control relay module

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

One plug that comes through firewall on main engine harness is brown 6 pin with 4 wires only. One red/blue stripe, dk grn/yellow, brn, and last one is blk / lt blue. Any ideas on this one?? Bout to drop back 20 yards n punt
Old 08-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pulling cobra motor out in putting it into the 67 fairlane gt, the fox will get a built 306 n tremec trans

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
foxbody