Saleen wing came in. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Saleen wing came in.

Just thought I would let you guys know my saleen s281b wing came in. Plan on getting it painted and installed next week

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4189169920.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	58740
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-995000920.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	468.2 KB
ID:	58741   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1173356595.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	58742  

__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
looks best where did u get it from
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
looks best where did u get it from
Thnks, frm abcexclusive
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Sweet
primer2tone is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
and it came with the third brake light too ? how much it costed u
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
and it came with the third brake light too ? how much it costed u
Yep 3rd brake light and everything. 200 bucks flat
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Is it fiberglass or polyurethane? I had a poly but it was so warped it wouldn't fit. Sat in a paint baking booth for 2 days and used a heat gun.... went right back to being warped! I was then going to order one from Abc but they were on back order. How is the dry fit?
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstang03
Is it fiberglass or polyurethane? I had a poly but it was so warped it wouldn't fit. Sat in a paint baking booth for 2 days and used a heat gun.... went right back to being warped! I was then going to order one from Abc but they were on back order. How is the dry fit?
It's fiberglass, dam tht sucks sorry to hear tht. Haven't test fitted it yet been workin and won't have time till like sunday
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Let me know how it fits
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstang03
Let me know how it fits
Will do. Can't wait! Next week!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Im glad I saw this post, I was looking into getting the same wing and I wanted fiberglass not any other material. Its the best price I have seen so far.....
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Im glad I saw this post, I was looking into getting the same wing and I wanted fiberglass not any other material. Its the best price I have seen so far.....
Yea me too for 200 bucks and free shipping its a deal, I was also looking to get it with the the 3rd break light and this one has it
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Yea me too for 200 bucks and free shipping its a deal, I was also looking to get it with the the 3rd break light and this one has it
Me too all of the ones I was looking at the third brake light kit but the material is what I didnt like about them. I ordered the Urethane one from Mrbodykit for my 98 cobra. It was alright and it fit well just seems to me that its not even on one side of the wing but it didnt bolt on either it was 3m taped. But ive only seen pictures of it so in person it might look different and not have a non-flush look who knows. I rather have fiberglass because less prep work and fitment its better.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Me too all of the ones I was looking at the third brake light kit but the material is what I didnt like about them. I ordered the Urethane one from Mrbodykit for my 98 cobra. It was alright and it fit well just seems to me that its not even on one side of the wing but it didnt bolt on either it was 3m taped. But ive only seen pictures of it so in person it might look different and not have a non-flush look who knows. I rather have fiberglass because less prep work and fitment its better.
Yea well hopefully this one looks flush, I'll post pics of it when it's installed
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
i checked out the site. its pretty badass prices there. i might get me one of these just to get a new look
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i checked out the site. its pretty badass prices there. i might get me one of these just to get a new look
Yea they have a bunch of em there n great prices
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Yea well hopefully this one looks flush, I'll post pics of it when it's installed
iight sweet cant wait to see how it turns out cuz im def going to order one when I get home since its only 200 bucks.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

iight sweet cant wait to see how it turns out cuz im def going to order one when I get home since its only 200 bucks.
Yea mostly all other websites sell em for like over 250 and thts without the 3rd break light
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
i checked out the site. its pretty badass prices there. i might get me one of these just to get a new look
Mrbodykit.com is a good source for stuff like this and they have good prices on some of the stuff. I've ordered a few things from them and it was good and I really didnt have any issues with any of it.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Yea mostly all other websites sell em for like over 250 and thts without the 3rd break light
Yea, AM wanted 249 ( not sure if it has the brake light) and MRbodykit wanted the same price (shipping not including or free) with the light so yea I saw your site is the best lol.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Here's how it looks right now. I just thought I would plasti dip it for now and see how it would look and I like it. Gonna get painted prob fri

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3966578767.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	59490
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-614385119.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	59491  
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
looks good
__________________
02PONY is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY
looks good
Thnks
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Re: Saleen wing came in.

Hell yea!

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Hows the fitment? Did you wire up the brake light yet?
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Looks good man I'm Def going to get that wing for mine
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
garbill2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Thnks, frm abcexclusive
They are the cheepest when it comes to stuff like that
garbill2003 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstang03
Hell yea!

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Hows the fitment? Did you wire up the brake light yet?
The fitment was great, one of the holes was off just by a bit but you can still screw it down no problemo and yea its wired up. Its nt the final look, it's still gonna get painted

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Looks good man I'm Def going to get that wing for mine
Thnks go for it!! Already have compliments from when I went to get some gas
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
A.K.A. Baby-D!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,871
Looks awesome! Love that spoiler!
__________________
Current:
2011 V6 MCA Premium--the daily
1989 GT--the project
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

The fitment was great, one of the holes was off just by a bit but you can still screw it down no problemo and yea its wired up. Its nt the final look, it's still gonna get painted

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------



Thnks go for it!! Already have compliments from when I went to get some gas
Aw forreal, well I'm Def getting it now just gotta find out if they can blend it into the sorta paint on there now or get the car repainted all together
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Aw forreal, well I'm Def getting it now just gotta find out if they can blend it into the sorta paint on there now or get the car repainted all together
Why is you're paint off a bit?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Why is you're paint off a bit?
Age, its 12 years old I've had it since 03 and its just been faded from the sun. I use the best wax ever since I've had it but just age. I might be able to get it painted and it look ok but I'm getting a hood with the wing so might as well get the small dents and scratches on the bumper fixed as well.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Age, its 12 years old I've had it since 03 and its just been faded from the sun. I use the best wax ever since I've had it but just age. I might be able to get it painted and it look ok but I'm getting a hood with the wing so might as well get the small dents and scratches on the bumper fixed as well.
Yea I had the same problem with my old v6. Its age was like 12 years and when I got a gt bumper painted it looked off. So yea I think you're best off gettin it all painted
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea I had the same problem with my old v6. Its age was like 12 years and when I got a gt bumper painted it looked off. So yea I think you're best off gettin it all painted
Yeah, it won't cost as much because the hood and wing won't need much prep time. Plus, I'm going with the same color so that helps a little but I'm going to get more clear coat layers to make it look wet and deeper gloss looking.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Yeah, it won't cost as much because the hood and wing won't need much prep time. Plus, I'm going with the same color so that helps a little but I'm going to get more clear coat layers to make it look wet and deeper gloss looking.
Would u be doing the painting or a shop. They won't charge u as much of u have the whole car sanded down
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
A shop and I might get my uncle to help me sand it down then take it to them. That's something we can do ourself cuz he used to paint cars but he can't now because he has to give the building up he is in.
southernstang00 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
A shop and I might get my uncle to help me sand it down then take it to them. That's something we can do ourself cuz he used to paint cars but he can't now because he has to give the building up he is in.
As long as you can get the prepping down to a minimum they won't charge you as much
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.