Just installed my Carbon fiber hood! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

Let me know what you guys think, it's a Trufiber 3" Cowl real carbon fiber, not a wrap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-797955214.png
Views:	435
Size:	783.3 KB
ID:	58858  
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

I like the hood, where did you get it from?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
I like the hood, where did you get it from?
Craigslist, the guy who had it works for Trufiber and sold it to me. He said he only had it on once for a show on his cobra. It's super clean on top and bottom.
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Bnasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 15
That's bad *** bro!
Bnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
I'll be taking better pictures to show you guys what it looks like from all angles. I also need to update my profile on here, car looks a lot different since I made this account
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives View Post
Craigslist, the guy who had it works for Trufiber and sold it to me. He said he only had it on once for a show on his cobra. It's super clean on top and bottom.
It looks nice and you said it was a 3's cowl, can you take a picture of the bad of the hood or like you were sitting in the car? Im intrested in getting one but I dont want it to be too big of a rise, i was looking into a 2.5 raised hood or 3.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

It looks nice and you said it was a 3's cowl, can you take a picture of the bad of the hood or like you were sitting in the car? Im intrested in getting one but I dont want it to be too big of a rise, i was looking into a 2.5 raised hood or 3.
Yeah, will do.
From my opinion you do lose view of your front right but if you know your car it isnt that big of a problem and you can see if you take your seatbelt off to park.
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
trejo_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 142
Looks sweet you just need some black bullits to go with
trejo_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejo_03
Looks sweet you just need some black bullits to go with
Nah, I really like my silvers. I Have aftermarket 18x10 deepdish in the rear
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
trejo_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 142
Sweet that's how I plan to do mine 17x8 in front? Same color just on a dark shadow gray gt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120713_022543.png
Views:	156
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	58862  
trejo_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives View Post
Yeah, will do.
From my opinion you do lose view of your front right but if you know your car it isnt that big of a problem and you can see if you take your seatbelt off to park.
Sweet, thanks I had a friend that put a 4' on his car it was way too big for me. I might just stick with the 2.5 but I still want to see pictures of your when you get chance. This is the one im looking at getting:

99-04 Mustang COBRA R 2000 (Y2K) Hood (Fiberglass) [99HOOD-Y2K] - $319.00 : MrBodykit.com, The Most Diverse Mustang Bodykits and Mustang Aftermarket Parts on the Planet
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #12
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Nice.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Make sure to take care of it or the clear coat could glaze.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Sweet, thanks I had a friend that put a 4' on his car it was way too big for me. I might just stick with the 2.5 but I still want to see pictures of your when you get chance. This is the one im looking at getting:

99-04 Mustang COBRA R 2000 (Y2K) Hood (Fiberglass) [99HOOD-Y2K] - $319.00 : MrBodykit.com, The Most Diverse Mustang Bodykits and Mustang Aftermarket Parts on the Planet
Not my style, but it is a nice hood!

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan1980
Make sure to take care of it or the clear coat could glaze.
What's the best way of taking care of it? Wax with UV coating?
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Not really sure. Guess that's why mine glazed.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives
Let me know what you guys think, it's a Trufiber 3" Cowl real carbon fiber, not a wrap
Nice!! How much you pay for it ?
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

Nice!! How much you pay for it ?
$450, it's gonna sell on their Website for $750 and it's not available to the public yet! I feel kinda cool having a hood that no one else has... Haha
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives

$450, it's gonna sell on their Website for $750 and it's not available to the public yet! I feel kinda cool having a hood that no one else has... Haha
Did you buy it from tht dude on Craig's tht had it on his cobra? And said tht he only used it once?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives View Post
Not my style, but it is a nice hood!

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------



What's the best way of taking care of it? Wax with UV coating?
I understand, far as a wax I would use Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax in my opinion. I use this on my GT and its black and it does wonders on all surfaces.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Did you buy it from tht dude on Craig's tht had it on his cobra? And said tht he only used it once?
Yeah! He works for Trufiber, and if you were to see it in person you would know it was on only once. Looks brand new!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

I understand, far as a wax I would use Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax in my opinion. I use this on my GT and its black and it does wonders on all surfaces.
Thanks man, I'll invest in that
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives

Yeah! He works for Trufiber, and if you were to see it in person you would know it was on only once. Looks brand new!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------



Thanks man, I'll invest in that
Yea I talked to him and asked if he would let it go for 350 but he didn't budge. We're are u located at?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Just installed my Carbon fiber hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives View Post

Thanks man, I'll invest in that
anytime
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
bobsurvives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: California
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea I talked to him and asked if he would let it go for 350 but he didn't budge. We're are u located at?
I lowballed him at first, then he dropped the price when I offered him $400 and I'm from South LA Cali
bobsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsurvives

I lowballed him at first, then he dropped the price when I offered him $400 and I'm from South LA Cali
Koo koo
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:57 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.