Cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Cobra

Know where a black 01 cobra is for 13k with 20k miles should I get that or a new 13
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
In my personal opinion, although it has the cobra name with a dohc 32v v8, it isn't really that impressive. I mean, 320 HP in the day was awesome but now a days you can get that from a mini van... I would go with a 2013. Not sure if you are looking at a v6 or gt ect. But even the v6 has 305 HP stock. Plus you get a better interior, better features, better MPG, better reliability, and you get warranty! The 2013 just seems like the smart way to go.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Gt premium and track pack premium custom ordered just to clarify lol

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

13k is really low for a 01 cobra with 20k miles family owned
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cobra

Let see....4.6 DOHC vs 5.0 2013.........um.......I would say 2013 lol. If I wanted another car note and high insurance again I would have got one over my 98 cobra.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I dont know something to think about at basic I guess considering I leave in 16 days. I really like the new 13
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Well the new gt custom changes everything!!! 450 HP right? Uhhh duh.... '13 gt > n/a '01 cobra
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
420 at crank
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Same difference lol
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Nah ha I feel you tho I want a new one because it will be made for me but 13k for a cobra with 20k miles is really low and family owned
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I mean a gt premium will be over 30k and insurance would be crazy since you have to get full coverage. Those cobras are sweet and more rare than the new 5.0's. And 20k miles is crazy low!!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I will be selling me 00 gt either way and the 13 I'm looking at will me 42k mspr and im only 19 in the airforce I leave for basic in 16 days. Will be making 2k a month I think I will be able to afford a 13 considering I won't have anything else to pay for. But the cobra is sweet a family owned with 20k miles. Ah i dont know.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Insurance will be thro usaa so it won't be that bad
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
I will be selling me 00 gt either way and the 13 I'm looking at will me 42k mspr and im only 19 in the airforce I leave for basic in 16 days. Will be making 2k a month I think I will be able to afford a 13 considering I won't have anything else to pay for. But the cobra is sweet a family owned with 20k miles. Ah i dont know.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Insurance will be thro usaa so it won't be that bad
How much are u planning on putting down? Are u going to be putting insurance under you're name? Because you said u were 19 and getting a brand new 2013 mustang gt 5.0 full coverage should be preety expensive I'm guessing over 180-220
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post
I will be selling me 00 gt either way and the 13 I'm looking at will me 42k mspr and im only 19 in the airforce I leave for basic in 16 days. Will be making 2k a month I think I will be able to afford a 13 considering I won't have anything else to pay for. But the cobra is sweet a family owned with 20k miles. Ah i dont know.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Insurance will be thro usaa so it won't be that bad
Well here is something to think about...if you get the 13 GT you will prolly have to finance it unless you got a 20K sign on bonus like I did. Insurance wont be as high if you use usaa but its going to be threw the roof either way with you being 19. Tags are going to be high, but if you go with the cobra you can out right pay for it with no car note and then the rest of the money you can put a kenny bell on it and make it faster then the GT. So I saw cobra now lol...cuz its nice not having a car not and you can keep your GT for a daily driver and save the miles on the cobra lol/

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
How much are u planning on putting down? Are u going to be putting insurance under you're name? Because you said u were 19 and getting a brand new 2013 mustang gt 5.0 full coverage should be preety expensive I'm guessing over 180-220
MORE then that...dude im 27 and I will be paying 180-200 for THREE cars using USAA.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Well here is something to think about...if you get the 13 GT you will prolly have to finance it unless you got a 20K sign on bonus like I did. Insurance wont be as high if you use usaa but its going to be threw the roof either way with you being 19. Tags are going to be high, but if you go with the cobra you can out right pay for it with no car note and then the rest of the money you can put a kenny bell on it and make it faster then the GT. So I saw cobra now lol...cuz its nice not having a car not and you can keep your GT for a daily driver and save the miles on the cobra lol/

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------



MORE then that...dude im 27 and I will be paying 180-200 for THREE cars using USAA.
Yea ure right more than tht like 280-320
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I will be selling 00 gt either way since I will be on base. No sense in keeping two cars but charger will def be on cobra i dont know it will give me somthing to think about at basic. I know 40k is high at 19 but i dont know I really like it but I like the cobra too

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

13*
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
I will be selling 00 gt either way since I will be on base. No sense in keeping two cars but charger will def be on cobra i dont know it will give me somthing to think about at basic. I know 40k is high at 19 but i dont know I really like it but I like the cobra too
Idk but my bro has always told me to not have a car payment cuz it sucks and you have to set tht money aside every month. But if you know you can do it then go for it. And are you sure going to get approved for a loan on the car? How much are you planning on putting down? For a 40 k car and let's say u put 10k down you're looking around 800-900 bucks depending on you're rate+ insurance 280 bucks so ure looking over 1k a month just on the car
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
10-15k put down on 13 and not that much. I will have a cosigner and plus being in the military is a plus
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
10-15k put down on 13 and not that much. I will have a cosigner and plus being in the military is a plus
Ok but it will still be like a grand on the car payments and insurance
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I don't think so..
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Idk but my bro has always told me to not have a car payment cuz it sucks and you have to set tht money aside every month. But if you know you can do it then go for it. And are you sure going to get approved for a loan on the car? How much are you planning on putting down? For a 40 k car and let's say u put 10k down you're looking around 800-900 bucks depending on you're rate+ insurance 280 bucks so ure looking over 1k a month just on the car
Not if you go with a USAA car loan or va car loan( which I think you have to be deployed to get). Tags are going to be high too...insurance dude you are prolly looking in the 400's because mine is 180 for three cars with two being over ten years old. Id go with the cobra....Ven is right its nice not having a car note and with you being at basic and tech school without a bonus you wont make 40 grand so you will have to get a loan. That will eat up all of your money you saved and more so if you went with the cobra you will have a one of a kind care sorta, and have money in you pocket to take a month off from work after all of that. Something to think about.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I have 35 days paid vacation so I'm not worried about that ah I just don't know.
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Well all I can say then is get the one you really want. I just wouldn't wanna pay 1k a month for the next what 5-6 years
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post
I have 35 days paid vacation so I'm not worried about that ah I just don't know.
Double dip...lol

and Ven if he put down less then 10k I see him paying that much but if he put down half then he might be around 5 but thats still alot though for what 4-6 years. I can deg agree that get what you want....
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
I might just get the cobra for a Lil bit because I could resale it more than what I will give for it I mean 20k on a 01 for 13k
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cobra

Man, if I still had the cash I would buy it for that much lol...I think you will like it better far as not having a car note
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.