03 cobra wheels - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Iight I will get them then as long as they are in good shape.
Have him check the tires. If they are the factory goodyears you might as well chunk them
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

They aren't the factory tires, you can look at the pic and see the tires. I'm not sure what brand they are....

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

They look like ventus something
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
They aren't the factory tires, you can look at the pic and see the tires. I'm not sure what brand they are....

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

They look like ventus something
Hancook
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the 03/04 cobras... I'd get them.

I got my 2K Cobra Rs for 375 with one semi-bad tires...
Torchredmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Aw Okie, the picture doesn't show up good on my phone so I couldn't see what the tires are. A friend looked at them and said they are in good shape so I'm more then likely going to get them.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 03 cobra wheels

Ok, so the guy that was selling the wheels set me pictures of two different wheels: the 03 cobra wheels($325) and 2000 Gt pony wheels(500) which is what I have upstairs. He wanted to trade me my 98 cobra wheels for the 03 cobra wheels plus 325 but I said no to that right off the bat. He said alrighty, well he sent the 03 cobra wheels up to olive branch where I live and the guy would call my dad to come look at them. So yesturday the guy calls my dad to tell him to come get the wheels so my dad goes over to the dudes house. Well as my dad was pulling up dude was unloading the wheels and my dad walked to see that its the pony wheels for 325 and were crappy as hell, wasnt even the same ones in the picture either. My dad was shocked and told dude those arent the ones we wanted and he isnt paying for them because its the wrong ones, dude replied with well they are yours I didnt bring them up here for nothing. So my dad looked at him laughed and said yea you did because im not buying Sh** and walked off. Dudde this really pisses me off, esp after a good friend referred me about the wheels which her and father were shocked and had no idea he was going to do this...oh well I can no order my chrome 03 cobra wheels now lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Man, that's definitely one for the What grinds your gears thread! Knuckleheads!

I'm glad you also plan to keep the stock rims. They didn't have the stock Mach1 rims when I bought my car and shortly after, they quit selling replicas on American Muscle. If I want them now, I'll have to pay out the wazoo! Always a good idea to keep the stockers if you have the room.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
A friend has a set of 03 cobra wheels with tires which look to be in good shape for 325. They arent chrome but the polished silver look, they are actually wheels that came on the cobras. Should I get them?

IF they have SVT center caps and have Ford stamps than yeah thats dirt cheap

I got my set for 400 with bald tires.. they are real

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Ahhh a friend of my dads said he got on the svt website and he said found out 99 and up were different then 98. I've done told dude I wasn't going to get them because of that. Thinking i might just throw some chrome tq thrust wheels on there instead.

SMH

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote:
A friend has a set of 03 cobra wheels with tires which look to be in good shape for 325. They arent chrome but the polished silver look, they are actually wheels that came on the cobras. Should I get them?
325 Is Dirt Cheap I bought the same set with bald tires for 400
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I've got a set of four machined oem 03 cobra wheels in the garage. Been in boxes for a few years in storage. If you want em i'll cut you a deal.

Also know where there's a pair of 17x10.5 chrome replicas with tires for 600 if that interests you
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 03 cobra wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Man, that's definitely one for the What grinds your gears thread! Knuckleheads!

I'm glad you also plan to keep the stock rims. They didn't have the stock Mach1 rims when I bought my car and shortly after, they quit selling replicas on American Muscle. If I want them now, I'll have to pay out the wazoo! Always a good idea to keep the stockers if you have the room.
actually I saw some on craigs list in my area not too long ago, i can see how much they want for them?Yea, I like the stock rims but I just favor the 03's better and I was planning on either just buying rims only and using my tires or trying to find a good deal on rims and tires.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V View Post
IF they have SVT center caps and have Ford stamps than yeah thats dirt cheap
They had the svt center caps and if he was selling the for 325 then that is a good deal but I think he was trying to scam me or found out he was selling the wrong price for the wrong rims.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I've got a set of four machined oem 03 cobra wheels in the garage. Been in boxes for a few years in storage. If you want em i'll cut you a deal.

Also know where there's a pair of 17x10.5 chrome replicas with tires for 600 if that interests you
If you can, can you send me a picture of them please? How much do you want for them? Far as the replicas I kinda want OEM for some reason esp with them saying the SVT in the caps. I know I can buy the caps and put them on the reps but I rather have OEM, hope that makes sense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Newbie | Need help »