03gt smoking - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
03gt smoking

150xxx miles
Did a head job nd got heads rebuilt
Castrol 5/20
What could cause it to smoke
trejo_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
How long ago did you have the heads rebuilt ?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What color smoke?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

White smoke
And probly about 2,xxx miles ago
Old 07-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejo_03
White smoke
And probly about 2,xxx miles ago
With the heads being rebuilt, I would think you may have a blown a head gasket and you're burning antifreeze. That's is probably the case, or at least you are burning antifreeze from somewhere. It could also be a cracked head. Does it run real rough when driving? If you have leak around head gasket it will try to suck air in and cause a really rough idle and acceleration.
1998 Mustang Gt, MSD coils, Ford Racing lowering springs, KYB shocks, caster camber plates, Flow Tech exhaust, K&N CAI, auto trans with shift kit, Jet Performance module, full length sub frame connectors, Redline Tuning hood struts. Oh yea, forgot to mention the Plasti Dip stripes.
meano1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No it doesn't smell like anti freeze that's why I rebuilt the heads
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it doesn't smell like anti freeze that's why I rebuilt the heads
I have the same problem with my 03 gt and it's burning coolant like crazy lol and it's leaking out by my intake manifold so maybe you cracked your intake?
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well if its white then it water ir coolant. I would suggest a coolant system test. Pump the pressure to 16 psi and see if u have any drop in pressure and any leaks including from the exhaust. Itll be a pita but if u unbolt the cats(or lack off) to see if any water/coolant goes out the exhaust while u pressurize the system. If need be put it to 18psi so u can have a little more pressure to help find where its coming from. And dumb question did u replace all the gaskets while the heads got rebuilt or did u have a shop rebuild it for u. Used gaskets will deff fail as far as the heads and coolant crossover is concerned and the intake manifold gasket is crucial.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

I have the same problem with my 03 gt and it's burning coolant like crazy lol and it's leaking out by my intake manifold so maybe you cracked your intake?
That's what caused my car to.over heat and bust that head gasket becarefull with that change it before its to late

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang
Well if its white then it water ir coolant. I would suggest a coolant system test. Pump the pressure to 16 psi and see if u have any drop in pressure and any leaks including from the exhaust. Itll be a pita but if u unbolt the cats(or lack off) to see if any water/coolant goes out the exhaust while u pressurize the system. If need be put it to 18psi so u can have a little more pressure to help find where its coming from. And dumb question did u replace all the gaskets while the heads got rebuilt or did u have a shop rebuild it for u. Used gaskets will deff fail as far as the heads and coolant crossover is concerned and the intake manifold gasket is crucial.
Wel first off the anti freeze level is at the same everytime I check

But I heard if you get that antifreeze in the cats I screws em up
And the only gasket I didn't replace was the intake manifold gasket but it don't leak from any were around there kuz like I said the anti freeze is staying at the same level

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Would that catrol oil be the problem even though oil burns grey I heard it wasn't to good or running it low on oil be a problem
Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's what caused my car to.over heat and bust that head gasket becarefull with that change it before its to late

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Wel first off the anti freeze level is at the same everytime I check

But I heard if you get that antifreeze in the cats I screws em up
And the only gasket I didn't replace was the intake manifold gasket but it don't leak from any were around there kuz like I said the anti freeze is staying at the same level

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Would that catrol oil be the problem even though oil burns grey I heard it wasn't to good or running it low on oil be a problem
Yeah man I'm getting done real quick but yeah I constantly check the fluids
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT