TB&CAI???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
TB&CAI????

I'm gonna order my throttle body and Cai today or tommorrw. Just wondering wat is a good recommended size to get and is the TB good alone or should I get it with a plenum. Also is the American muscle CAI the house brand one good cuz 85 is not a bad price lol or should I get a K&N which is the one I prefer??????
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT
I'm gonna order my throttle body and Cai today or tommorrw. Just wondering wat is a good recommended size to get and is the TB good alone or should I get it with a plenum. Also is the American muscle CAI the house brand one good cuz 85 is not a bad price lol or should I get a K&N which is the one I prefer??????
I dont know about the TB but they say JLT CAI is the best would also maybe look at bbk
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT
If your engine is stock I wouldn't go any bigger than a 70mm I would look at the accufab tb and plenum combo best combo out there IMO , if it's a stock motor the cai kit from am for $85 will be fine

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

If your engine is stock I wouldn't go any bigger than a 70mm I would look at the accufab tb and plenum combo best combo out there IMO , if it's a stock motor the cai kit from am for $85 will be fine
With the jlt cai you will need a tune also
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
75 mm tb and plenum, 4 1/2 in piping to 6 in filter, stock tune still and its a 96 with pi heads......nuff said lol. Im pretty sure he can put the bbk intake plenum they sell on am although he will actually need a tune if he decides to go jlt cai. Imo of course anyone is free to do as they please. But 70 mm tb and olenum will do just fine with the in house am intake to be honest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120721_223023.png
Views:	188
Size:	655.5 KB
ID:	60257
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: TB&CAI????

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT View Post
charlie03fastGT,

I would recommend staying 70MM or under. Anything above 70MM just becomes to much air & your car will not be able to compensate. If you plan on going Nitrous or Forced induction in the very near future then a 75MM would be a good option.

Our house brand CAI is a great product, We created this intake because it's in everybody's budget! This Cold Air Intake kit completely replaces the stock factory air box and restrictive paper filter element in your GT with a high flow filter assembly for a noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle response while filtering out destructive power robbing dust particles. This CAI pulls cooler denser air from inside the inner fender well to make more power that you can feel. There is a ton of great brands out there, Airaid, JLT ect.... However I'm confident you'll be very happy with whatever intake you go with!

I hope this helps & let me know if we can be of any assistance! Our mustang experts are in the building Monday-Friday 9AM to 9PM EST & Saturday 9-5:30. If you want to hit them up they're number is 1-866-727-1266 & They'll get you squared away!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I went with the Airaid CAI and couldn't be happier. Pricy but I like knowing that it's shielded from water. Recently it flooded for a week and I had to drive in water up to my bumper. Got to work and quickly opened up the hood worried that there would be water in the Airaid filter housing. It was completely dry . I also like how the filter is visible so I can see how dirty it is without having to disassemble it. It's just a peace of mind.
CrookedHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalos
I went with the Airaid CAI and couldn't be happier. Pricy but I like knowing that it's shielded from water. Recently it flooded for a week and I had to drive in water up to my bumper. Got to work and quickly opened up the hood worried that there would be water in the Airaid filter housing. It was completely dry . I also like how the filter is visible so I can see how dirty it is without having to disassemble it. It's just a peace of mind.
That was my thinking on y to get an airaid or k&n.....
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The packaging was great and it fit easily on. The only PITA was the sleeves and the grommet plug. But I'm real satisfied with the quality of Airaid, I felt I had a premium part. I don't like K&N strictly personally because I had their parts in my Celica. Airaid company builds their filters for off road trucks and 4 wheeling. If they can keep tiny dust particles from dirt out of those cars, I wanted it on my stang. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2246726812.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	60538   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3405208404.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	60539  

Old 07-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedHalos
The packaging was great and it fit easily on. The only PITA was the sleeves and the grommet plug. But I'm real satisfied with the quality of Airaid, I felt I had a premium part. I don't like K&N strictly personally because I had their parts in my Celica. Airaid company builds their filters for off road trucks and 4 wheeling. If they can keep tiny dust particles from dirt out of those cars, I wanted it on my stang. Lol
U feel a difference in response, power???? Especially since Ima get it with a 70mm TB.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I noticed it a bit. Especially since I have an o/r h-pipe and wider cat back pipes. Changed the sound of the exhaust also. Before I retuned the engine I could hear the whistle from the intake. Lol sounded nearly like a supercharger.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Cold air is just for looks

Your not going to feel a difference.

70mm TB + Plenum = Good combo I felt a noticeable difference

Your first mods should be gears+short throw shifter..

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

JLT and " Big piping intake tubing " Is pointless unless your FI

It's a waste of money .. If your NA get a cold air or ram air that has normal piping .. It's going to flow better and not going to have a funnel effect.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

If you even want to save money but a k&n filter put it on your stock intake tube.. and crack open your air box so it's able to free .. Leaving the bottom intact so water doesn't touch it , and remove the silencer and BAM you have a Ram air intake thats legit and saved you some bucks
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V
Cold air is just for looks

Your not going to feel a difference.

70mm TB + Plenum = Good combo I felt a noticeable difference

Your first mods should be gears+short throw shifter..

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

JLT and " Big piping intake tubing " Is pointless unless your FI

It's a waste of money .. If your NA get a cold air or ram air that has normal piping .. It's going to flow better and not going to have a funnel effect.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

If you even want to save money but a k&n filter put it on your stock intake tube.. and crack open your air box so it's able to free .. Leaving the bottom intact so water doesn't touch it , and remove the silencer and BAM you have a Ram air intake thats legit and saved you some bucks
The TB I wanted was out of stock on American muscle so I might just look elsewhere. What is the silencer on the intake?
Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Silencer is the rubber snorkel thing that goes from airbox to fender. Its black.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT View Post
The TB I wanted was out of stock on American muscle so I might just look elsewhere. What is the silencer on the intake?
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
cai