4.10s VS 3.73s - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
4.10s VS 3.73s

Have a 2003 mustang GT automatic, I'm going to be getting gears but I've heard so much talk back and forth between these two gears I'm wondering what's really the best for my car
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227
Have a 2003 mustang GT automatic, I'm going to be getting gears but I've heard so much talk back and forth between these two gears I'm wondering what's really the best for my car
Check my thread in the signature discussing gears. Also try a search on the forum because I know there was a huge flux in gear related threads in the past two weeks.

I have 4.10s in my '02 GT 5speed and I absolutely love them.

Since you have an auto I would even say the better argument than 3.73vs4.10 would be 4.10vs4.30.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Check my thread in the signature discussing gears. Also try a search on the forum because I know there was a huge flux in gear related threads in the past two weeks.

I have 4.10s in my '02 GT 5speed and I absolutely love them.

Since you have an auto I would even say the better argument than 3.73vs4.10 would be 4.10vs4.30.
Alright man thanks I will take a look at them
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: 4.10s VS 3.73s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
Have a 2003 mustang GT automatic, I'm going to be getting gears but I've heard so much talk back and forth between these two gears I'm wondering what's really the best for my car

BigB227,

Yes this is an on going discussion, I honestly think it comes down to preference. Since your car is Automatic I agree with the above statement, you may want to compare 4.10s & 4.30s. 4.10s only really become a "hassle" to some people because of how often you will be shifting.

If you were going to go with 3.73's I would recommend 4.10's. If you were leaning towards 4.10's, I may lean towards 4.30's!

I hope this helps a bit, let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

BigB227,

Yes this is an on going discussion, I honestly think it comes down to preference. Since your car is Automatic I agree with the above statement, you may want to compare 4.10s & 4.30s. 4.10s only really become a "hassle" to some people because of how often you will be shifting.

If you were going to go with 3.73's I would recommend 4.10's. If you were leaning towards 4.10's, I may lean towards 4.30's!

I hope this helps a bit, let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future!

- Dan
Thanks for all the help! Yeah I think I'm going to go with the 4.10s on this one, thank you Dan
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.