Battery issue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Battery issue

So I finally got my sct tuner and tuned up my mustang, worked great. Today I was changing back to the street tune and whenever it told me to turn on the car, it would die instantly. Did this every time. Went and got the battery tested and it was running 212 cold crank amps instead of 540 like it should, bad cell I guess. Anyways, I'm going to have to buy a new battery. Need one strong than OEM, anyone have suggestions?
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus
So I finally got my sct tuner and tuned up my mustang, worked great. Today I was changing back to the street tune and whenever it told me to turn on the car, it would die instantly. Did this every time. Went and got the battery tested and it was running 212 cold crank amps instead of 540 like it should, bad cell I guess. Anyways, I'm going to have to buy a new battery. Need one strong than OEM, anyone have suggestions?
Optima yellow is my preference but if u just want a strong starting battery then a red top Optima works great too.
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
How much do those run usually?
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If you need a battery Optimas are ok. If you want a really good battery go Odyssey. Do the research for your fitment. I have had mine for 5 years no problem. They are lighter and stronger. I have had several friends use them with no problems. Myself and other have had problems with Optimas over the years.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus
How much do those run usually?
Red tops are 190-230 depending on the size and cca. Yellow tops are 210 and up also depending on size and they are deep cycle.
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT

Red tops are 190-230 depending on the size and cca. Yellow tops are 210 and up also depending on size and they are deep cycle.
You can get an Odyssey PC1200 for around $200-$225 and it's a much better battery and won't die in two to three years like every optima I have ever owned.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT