manifold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #1

Region: Oklahoma
manifold

My manifold cracked recently, I'm looking for a worthwhile replacement, I don't have a ton of money to do it, but I'd rather buy an upgrade then do a pull apart and have the same problem, do you guys have any suggestions? And possibly the bolt patterns for the manifold.
foesublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by foesublime
My manifold cracked recently, I'm looking for a worthwhile replacement, I don't have a ton of money to do it, but I'd rather buy an upgrade then do a pull apart and have the same problem, do you guys have any suggestions? And possibly the bolt patterns for the manifold.
Mine did the same and I was in a budget as well and after much advice and thought I decided to go with a stock replacement. It cost alot of money to get an aftermarket aluminum one and you need to buy a new throttle body or adaptor, new fuel lines and rails and it totals up. I've also heard that the aluminum ones get heat soaked after driving awhile so if your staying NA for awhile and it's a DD or close to it I would just recommend a stock PI replacement
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Get a ford replacement with the metal housing, nothing is better than the stock replacement until you are making some serious power or turning high RPM's.
Jlt00bluegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #4

Re: manifold

Would that ford racing replacement be my best bet so I don't have to go down the more expensive road of fuel rails and so on?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Besides stock I only use the edelbrock manifold with the elbow and the edelbrock fuel rails but that manifold is only good with boost or high revs I used it with the tfs2 cam and revved it to 7k

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #6

Re: manifold

I am a noob with this stuff, so I'm looking for all the input and help I can get
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I am a noob with this stuff, so I'm looking for all the input and help I can get
Yeah your bet bet would be the Ford Racing replacement, make sure when you get it that you get the one that says performance improved or PI
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Here's AM they have it and they are great to deal with. Read all the description it tells you what you need and what to make sure to have to install this part. http://www.americanmuscle.com/intake-manifold.html

Ask some of the sponsors from AM on here about the forum discount. That will help if you.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
If I remember right I have one just laying around the garage that I'll sell you it came off my 2v that I turboed and did the edbrock swap on.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I decided to go with the ford racing manifold it was the same one as original but reinforced so it wouldn't warp or crack. In my case mine had warped
Gobabygo67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT