Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

Decided to go ahead an replace the fiberglass with this Duraflex. Any body else using Duraflex. I have already ordered it. The of to the body shop to have it mounted painted. I am also going to have the top of the car repainted due to the clear coat peeling off. Thinking about having the Ford an Gt badges removed as well. I will post up some before an after pics for every one
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

i'm guessing duraflex is a polyurethane? if so it'll be a much better quality then fiberglass so good move
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedfireGt
Decided to go ahead an replace the fiberglass with this Duraflex. Any body else using Duraflex. I have already ordered it. The of to the body shop to have it mounted painted. I am also going to have the top of the car repainted due to the clear coat peeling off. Thinking about having the Ford an Gt badges removed as well. I will post up some before an after pics for every one
Co worker of mine got the duraflex front bumper for his Audi and it's nice he sais he would buy from them again

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4090769558.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	61730
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 3
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

I got the cobra r body kit from them and also the spyder 3 hood. When we took the hood out of the box it was so thin it was cracking in our hands. In the front where the underside and topside come together the whole seam was unfinished i could look throught the hood. If put on the car the wind would have torn the two halves apart. When bolting on the car the right side lined up ok but on the left i could stick my hand in the body line and it sat about 2 inches above the fender. As for the front bumper it is 6 inches wider then the car. At the back of the front bumper around the wheel arch the corners of the bumper on both sides are 3 inches away from the fenders and there is no way to move the fenders out that far and the bumper will not bend in that far. As for the rear bumper it is also about 3 inches to wide and it cracks if you hold it to tight in your hand it is so thin. As for the side skirts one of them is the shape of a banana. Spoke with the company about the problems and they said that all of my problems with there items were unlikely that i was lying just to get some free items. They where very rude the whole 2 hours i was on with them trying to get this worked out. They said that all Duraflex items where custom order and they could not give refunds on them but if i paid to ship the items back they would send new ons if they see a problem with them and i had to pay to have them shipped back to me. shipping one way was $600 why would i pay $1200 in shipping to get a second set of junk items. So i am screwed out of the $1100 paid for them. I reported them to the better business bureau and order a new set of parts from Cervivis and there items are true top notch just paint and bolt on no body work or hassle. Good luck with your items and sorry for this being so long but i dont want any one else to get screwed with the Duraflex items like i did.
one_bad_tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

Since this is the top of this thread, Does anyone know where you can buy the rear saleen bumper that DOESNT have Saleen written on it?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_bad_tbird
I got the cobra r body kit from them and also the spyder 3 hood. When we took the hood out of the box it was so thin it was cracking in our hands. In the front where the underside and topside come together the whole seam was unfinished i could look throught the hood. If put on the car the wind would have torn the two halves apart. When bolting on the car the right side lined up ok but on the left i could stick my hand in the body line and it sat about 2 inches above the fender. As for the front bumper it is 6 inches wider then the car. At the back of the front bumper around the wheel arch the corners of the bumper on both sides are 3 inches away from the fenders and there is no way to move the fenders out that far and the bumper will not bend in that far. As for the rear bumper it is also about 3 inches to wide and it cracks if you hold it to tight in your hand it is so thin. As for the side skirts one of them is the shape of a banana. Spoke with the company about the problems and they said that all of my problems with there items were unlikely that i was lying just to get some free items. They where very rude the whole 2 hours i was on with them trying to get this worked out. They said that all Duraflex items where custom order and they could not give refunds on them but if i paid to ship the items back they would send new ons if they see a problem with them and i had to pay to have them shipped back to me. shipping one way was $600 why would i pay $1200 in shipping to get a second set of junk items. So i am screwed out of the $1100 paid for them. I reported them to the better business bureau and order a new set of parts from Cervivis and there items are true top notch just paint and bolt on no body work or hassle. Good luck with your items and sorry for this being so long but i dont want any one else to get screwed with the Duraflex items like i did.
Thanks for the info. I had already ordered the item. I have heard good an bad things both. I will know for sure in a few more days, when the front bumper arrives. Fingers crossed

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Since this is the top of this thread, Does anyone know where you can buy the rear saleen bumper that DOESNT have Saleen written on it?
Mine is saleen style that doesn't say saleen. They have different names like the colt style an stalker style. Mr bodykit, Andy's autosports ect
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedfireGt View Post
Mine is saleen style that doesn't say saleen. They have different names like the colt style an stalker style. Mr bodykit, Andy's autosports ect
Oh, crap I must have over looked it on Mrbodykit and ABC. Since it wont let me open the pages right now cuz the internet sux here what material was it made out of and was there alot of prep before painting?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Maryland
Posts: 3
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

The Duraflex is a mix of fiberglass and a plastic it looks and feels like fiberglass. The makers say it is flexable but it cracks ezer then fiberglass. And yes there is a ton of prep, more then with fiberglass. There are alot of bubbles, pits, dips, and waves. My body guy worked on the hood for 7 hours and it still need more work when i told him to stop that i was not going to use them. They are junk no two ways about it. I bought from Cervinis to replace them and they are ready to paint out of the box. Cervinis cost more but you get free shipping and you will save in time and prep work.
one_bad_tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_bad_tbird
The Duraflex is a mix of fiberglass and a plastic it looks and feels like fiberglass. The makers say it is flexable but it cracks ezer then fiberglass. And yes there is a ton of prep, more then with fiberglass. There are alot of bubbles, pits, dips, and waves. My body guy worked on the hood for 7 hours and it still need more work when i told him to stop that i was not going to use them. They are junk no two ways about it. I bought from Cervinis to replace them and they are ready to paint out of the box. Cervinis cost more but you get free shipping and you will save in time and prep work.
Dam I wishing knew this before hand
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

test fit would be very wise, dont paint first then realize it wont fit right~
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
test fit would be very wise, dont paint first then realize it wont fit right~
I will definitely make sure the body shop does that first
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluekswiss_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 230
did you already sold the fiberglass bumper you removed?
bluekswiss_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekswiss_04
did you already sold the fiberglass bumper you removed?
No I still have it. Its still on the car for the moment

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Ok the bumper is in. So far none of the horror stories have been true. The bumper looks good. No cracks, it does have some flex to it. Did not hear any cracking when I tested it, but ofcourse I didn't give it the duraflex challenge either. I will post some pics tonight when I get home
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Didn't get a chance to get pics before it was painted, here is the finished product

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952012082895111417.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	65927



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952012082895111437.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	65928



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952012082895111426.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	65929
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Nice look good! Post pics when you put it on
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
Very nice. I've always wanted the saleen kit, but too weary about who to order from.
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
I ordered from Andy's autosport. Did not have any problem's. Just make sure to do research on each place. And go with urathane, not fiber glass or duraflex. You will be alot happier. The duraflex remarks about being low quality is true. Took the body shop alot of work.
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Before

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952012082895111152.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	66286

After



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120830_184507.png
Views:	315
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	66287
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Nice looks better. What u do with the old one
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
02 360R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 306
Re: Duraflex Saleen Front Bumper

that looks good. good choice!
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
03RedfireGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poplar Bluff
Region: Missouri
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Nice looks better. What u do with the old one
I still have it.
__________________
03RedfireGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.