Alternator - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Alternator

I'm looking for a new alternator. I want at least a 200 amp peak alternator. I also want it to be chrome, or match my accufab plenum/throttle body. Anyone recommend a certain one? Or know where I can get a cheap one? Thanks
01mineralgreyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Am says 6cyl. But I'm pretty sure they have them for V-8. Also jegs ...and there's one more just yahoo or Google search mustang chrome alternator. $200 +. I've been looking also.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgreyv8 View Post
I'm looking for a new alternator. I want at least a 200 amp peak alternator. I also want it to be chrome, or match my accufab plenum/throttle body. Anyone recommend a certain one? Or know where I can get a cheap one? Thanks

01mineralgreyv8,

It's going to be tough to find a chrome alternator with 200 AMP peak. We do offer a chrome alternator for your car however its 105AMP. This Alternator is plated in a three step process that includes copper, nickel, and then chrome for a bright shine that will be sure to impress anyone looking under your hood! Our 105 Amp Alternator is 100% Brand New, not re-manufactured like other companies sell and is tested at the time of assembly. It also comes complete with an internal voltage regulator.

Let me know if you any interest in this set up or any questions.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

01mineralgreyv8,

It's going to be tough to find a chrome alternator with 200 AMP peak. We do offer a chrome alternator for your car however its 105AMP. This Alternator is plated in a three step process that includes copper, nickel, and then chrome for a bright shine that will be sure to impress anyone looking under your hood! Our 105 Amp Alternator is 100% Brand New, not re-manufactured like other companies sell and is tested at the time of assembly. It also comes complete with an internal voltage regulator.

Let me know if you any interest in this set up or any questions.

- Dan
I saw that on your website, I was only looking to get a new alternator to get one performs better, but I figured I'd get a chrome one while I'm at it. I just want my lights to stop dimming when the bass hits. I have bbk under drive pulleys, and even with the stereo off, the voltage drops at idle with just the AC on. Maybe it's just that my alternator is going bad and that I just need a new one, but I was thinkin I just need a better one? Idk if I purchase a new one, it will be chrome, I just wanna know that it will fix my problem
Old 08-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgreyv8

I saw that on your website, I was only looking to get a new alternator to get one performs better, but I figured I'd get a chrome one while I'm at it. I just want my lights to stop dimming when the bass hits. I have bbk under drive pulleys, and even with the stereo off, the voltage drops at idle with just the AC on. Maybe it's just that my alternator is going bad and that I just need a new one, but I was thinkin I just need a better one? Idk if I purchase a new one, it will be chrome, I just wanna know that it will fix my problem
Might want to get your alternator checked out, mine did almost the same things and it had an open diode and was ready to die on me
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Alternator

Quote:

01mineralgreyv8,

To honest with you, this could be caused by the Under drive pulleys. The lighter pulleys are known for dimming/surging in the lights & the alternator not charging. The direct replacement UD pulley's are a little bit better however the piggy back's have this issue pretty commonly.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

01mineralgreyv8,

To honest with you, this could be caused by the Under drive pulleys. The lighter pulleys are known for dimming/surging in the lights & the alternator not charging. The direct replacement UD pulley's are a little bit better however the piggy back's have this issue pretty commonly.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan
Thanks so much man. I'll prolly see how puttin the stock UD pulleys back on effects it

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Might want to get your alternator checked out, mine did almost the same things and it had an open diode and was ready to die on me
Ok I will, don't wanna be stranded!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Angry Re: Alternator

Quote:

Mine lights use to dim, got a battery capacitor and worked like a charm. Do you have one?
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis96gt

Mine lights use to dim, got a battery capacitor and worked like a charm. Do you have one?
Lol yeah I have two
Old 08-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah take your car to a local shop or somethig that can check your alternator and even if it's not that you will have the peace of mind that your alternator is good yeah the under drive pulleys tend to give people who run HIDs and big stereo systems problems because of the draw of the battery. Alot of people end up upgrading there batteries, alternators and getting a capacitor or the amps. The optima yellow top batteries would be a good choice to get if you upgraded your battery
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227
Yeah take your car to a local shop or somethig that can check your alternator and even if it's not that you will have the peace of mind that your alternator is good yeah the under drive pulleys tend to give people who run HIDs and big stereo systems problems because of the draw of the battery. Alot of people end up upgrading there batteries, alternators and getting a capacitor or the amps. The optima yellow top batteries would be a good choice to get if you upgraded your battery
Thanks for the info! I do really want a yellowtop...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT