2004 Mustang Gt for sale - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2004 Mustang Gt for sale

Ok, so I was searching autotrader and craigslist and I came upon this car. Its a 2004 Saleen convertable with supposely 4400 miles on it for sale for 4000. She told me its a clear title and that she is selling the car because her 22 year old son died in a car wreck with another person and they she just wants to get rid of the car. What do yall think about this? I have the money no doubt, but if this is legit then this is a steal on this car.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: 2004 Mustang Gt for sale

Even if it were a V6 with 4400miles $4k would be crazy cheap. Much less a Saleen/GT!

There HAS to be something wrong with this car. Any link?

If this car is real then $4k is an awesome deal.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Holy cow!!! Who's sellin it and where???? Lol!!! That's damn cheap!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Scam.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Even if it were a V6 with 4400miles $4k would be crazy cheap. Much less a Saleen/GT!

There HAS to be something wrong with this car. Any link?

If this car is real then $4k is an awesome deal.
Yeah there is a link but it really doesnt help out far as info and the picture looks good but there is only one. She said there wasnt, thats why I asked for more pictures to see if there was. I really dont want a v6 already had a good deal v6 car I picked up lol.

Im with Deadspot I think it is a scam, because when I emailed the person they just gave me the story of why is being sold for so little but no contact info far as a phone number, and they asked where I was located too. I just dont see a 22 year old kid in one of these cars and it only has 4400 miles on it. Unless they did a typeo and meant 144K miles on it.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Scam.
im with you on that man, its been listed three times, describing it different in all three listings and every time no contact info either.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

Yeah there is a link but it really doesnt help out far as info and the picture looks good but there is only one. She said there wasnt, thats why I asked for more pictures to see if there was. I really dont want a v6 already had a good deal v6 car I picked up lol.

Im with Deadspot I think it is a scam, because when I emailed the person they just gave me the story of why is being sold for so little but no contact info far as a phone number, and they asked where I was located too. I just dont see a 22 year old kid in one of these cars and it only has 4400 miles on it. Unless they did a typeo and meant 144K miles on it.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

im with you on that man, its been listed three times, describing it different in all three listings and every time no contact info either.
I don't understand ppl these days..
Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Ok, so I was searching autotrader and craigslist and I came upon this car. Its a 2004 Saleen convertable with supposely 4400 miles on it for sale for 4000. She told me its a clear title and that she is selling the car because her 22 year old son died in a car wreck with another person and they she just wants to get rid of the car. What do yall think about this? I have the money no doubt, but if this is legit then this is a steal on this car.
I came across the same car and story down here in Florida, huge scam!! Let me guess it's a black saleen convertible and it looks like a dream right? It's a scam they will ask you to send money before looking at the car lol and if you try to catch on to them they will disappear and take the car down or say it sold then do it all over again
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I don't understand ppl these days..
Me either man, I think im just going to go with my org plan of putting a KB on my GT.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The thing was when I found it they had some address and I contacted them and tried setting up a day to see it they kept making excuses, so I put the address in my gps drive to the place and asked the people if they had the car, they had no idea what I was talking about. So I told them that some people were using there address to scam people for alot of money, well I think they got on te phone with the FBI or something because the site was shut down and everything lol but I guess theyre still at it
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
I came across the same car and story down here in Florida, huge scam!! Let me guess it's a black saleen convertible and it looks like a dream right? It's a scam they will ask you to send money before looking at the car lol and if you try to catch on to them they will disappear and take the car down or say it sold then do it all over again
Actually its blue, and it looks nice in the picture. They havent asked me to send them any money for a down payment, they just asked me where I was located and if I was interested in the car.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Actually its blue, and it looks nice in the picture. They havent asked me to send them any money for a down payment, they just asked me where I was located and if I was interested in the car.
There's a good chance it was a typo, when I bought my camaro, the ad said 9600 miles for $3500, I pretty much knew that he meant 96,000, but that is still a great price for a very clean 1999 even though it is a v6, I didn't even negotiate with him because I felt like it was a very fair price.
You must be careful with scammers, never meet at your or their house, go somewhere like a McDonalds and only give them your first name and the township you live in, nothing else. I feel like something is off with it, either a scam or a typo. Ask lots of questions and even run in circles and see if their story stays the same, if it changes, then say that you are no longer interested and forget about it.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
There's a good chance it was a typo, when I bought my camaro, the ad said 9600 miles for $3500, I pretty much knew that he meant 96,000, but that is still a great price for a very clean 1999 even though it is a v6, I didn't even negotiate with him because I felt like it was a very fair price.
You must be careful with scammers, never meet at your or their house, go somewhere like a McDonalds and only give them your first name and the township you live in, nothing else. I feel like something is off with it, either a scam or a typo. Ask lots of questions and even run in circles and see if their story stays the same, if it changes, then say that you are no longer interested and forget about it.
yeah that sounds like a good deal, but I agree I think its either a scam or something off cuz noone in there right mind would sell a car like that for 4 grand with that many miles on it. If I look at it will be in a parking lot like Kroger in my town. But I think im just going to go with getting my KB. I just want to see if they send more pics of it.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Got to be a scam. I just found the same one on Craigslist and I'm from ky
Bret21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret21 View Post
Got to be a scam. I just found the same one on Craigslist and I'm from ky
was it blue?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Sure was
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sure was
is it this one?
2004 Ford Mustang Saleen Convertible
Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Haha yep that's the one. Great looking car but pretty sure it's a scam. If not that's one heck of a deal lol
Old 08-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha yep that's the one. Great looking car but pretty sure it's a scam. If not that's one heck of a deal lol
haha, im so going to mess with these people....if they ask for a money im going to send them a note that says here is your check for the car....and draw my middle finger on it lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Its a scam! I sold my truck awhile back I was looking for a mustang I found cobra's and saleen's like 3000-5000 with less than 10,000 miles they always say the same stories about someone died in the army and this and that or they moving to another country. An they want to ship it to you not just come get it it's all set up don't fall for it.
If it sounds to good to be true than it is!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also they NEVER PUT A NUMBER! If they want it sold that bad don't you think they would put a number?
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post
Its a scam! I sold my truck awhile back I was looking for a mustang I found cobra's and saleen's like 3000-5000 with less than 10,000 miles they always say the same stories about someone died in the army and this and that or they moving to another country. An they want to ship it to you not just come get it it's all set up don't fall for it.
If it sounds to good to be true than it is!

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also they NEVER PUT A NUMBER! If they want it sold that bad don't you think they would put a number?
Yes I def agree with you man....thats why I posted in on here warn yall and to see what yall thought and well I got my answer to my question. I might just make this the WOW are they serious thread cuz I have found some crazy stuff.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Yup it's sad how people will do you now. I was dealing with so many scams that I started only dealing with people that put their numbers
Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Type in 2004 Mustang Saleen Convertible into Google Images, you will find it there, i just did... It is probably just a pic someone found online and is posing to sell it.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup it's sad how people will do you now. I was dealing with so many scams that I started only dealing with people that put their numbers
Yeah I know, its sad but even the ones with numbers will scam you. If you look on autotrader a salesman at a dealership is trying to sell a 03-04 GT as a mach 1. I even sent the guy a email asking him I was intrested in the car but is it a real mach one and he said yes. People like this I like to mess with them, I will go look at the car and play stupid until he ask me to go sign the papers and then I show them up, it makes me mad people like that assume they can say its this to sell it.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post
Yeah I know, its sad but even the ones with numbers will scam you. If you look on autotrader a salesman at a dealership is trying to sell a 03-04 GT as a mach 1. I even sent the guy a email asking him I was intrested in the car but is it a real mach one and he said yes. People like this I like to mess with them, I will go look at the car and play stupid until he ask me to go sign the papers and then I show them up, it makes me mad people like that assume they can say its this to sell it.
And the sad thing is that some people fall for it.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Type in 2004 Mustang Saleen Convertible into Google Images, you will find it there, i just did... It is probably just a pic someone found online and is posing to sell it.
ha, yea I saw it...and when you click on the image and click on where it says go to site where image is, it has been flagged for removal. So its a scam alrighty but im going to mess with them though.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And the sad thing is that some people fall for it.
Yes, you are right.....but not this guy, I dont fall for crap like that.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yea but at least you know ones with numbers are local and they really have a car for sale.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea but at least you know ones with numbers are local and they really have a car for sale.
Yeah thats true....
Old 08-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

ok, this is the email I got back...

Hi again,

Please let me explain to you the process of this transaction and you can decide if you want to proceed or not.
First of all now I'm in Hungary(Europe) now. The car has a clear title and it's registered on my name.
As I told you in my first email, I recently lost my son. I also got a new job and moved here in Hungary in order to start over. I'm in Hungary(Europe) but my presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Amazon Shopping Services. The car is in Omaha at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 5 days. You will have 7 days to test and inspect the car prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back on my expense. If you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address, and phone#.
Once I have your info I will forward them to Amazon Shopping Services to get things started. Amazon Shopping Services will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete the payment and you will also have proof that I am covered by them as a legitimate seller. I tried to cover all the details you may need.Waiting for your email with the requested details.I really need to sell it asap.Hope you understand.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I only see 100 red flags in that email clearly not a scam lol
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

haha, im playing along though...I was like hey I actually live in Omaha so whats the shipping company so I can go take a look at it...

So does anyone live in Omaha that can give me a street name to make it sound legit? I will make up the address numbers....
Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
haha, im playing along though...I was like hey I actually live in Omaha so whats the shipping company so I can go take a look at it...

So does anyone live in Omaha that can give me a street name to make it sound legit? I will make up the address numbers....
Haha keep them going! Be like I live right where the car is send me a address so I can go take a look! Bet they don't email back.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

thats what im doing....lol....Nothing else to do over here so why not?!?!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Haha tell them your in the FBI and you bust false advertising for a living! Feeding them bull like they do us!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha tell them your in the FBI and you bust false advertising for a living! Feeding them bull like they do us!
haha actually you can get in trouble for that...impersonating a federal personel....plus, they would know im BS because when you work in a field like that you dont give your ID and mission away lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:

haha actually you can get in trouble for that...impersonating a federal personel....plus, they would know im BS because when you work in a field like that you dont give your ID and mission away lol.
Who cares if they know! They feeding you stupid crap I would feed it right back!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2004 mustang