KB build-up thread.. - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Idk southern...it's a gasket reach for sure...I'm just trying to think of something different.

Been thinking about this a lot. It's a mind bender for sure.
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Mine ended up being a burnt wire on my front o2 sensor. Fixed the wires and have have no issues. You may try checking that stuff too
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #318
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm assuming you done checked your COP wire harness for #5. Sorry you have a little gremlin going on here. I hope you get it sorted out soon.
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Idk southern...it's a gasket reach for sure...I'm just trying to think of something different.

Been thinking about this a lot. It's a mind bender for sure.
So you think it might be a intake gasket that we might not be picking up with the starter fluid or leak down tests?

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I'm assuming you done checked your COP wire harness for #5. Sorry you have a little gremlin going on here. I hope you get it sorted out soon.
He says he has or was going too while putting it on the dyno with cruise on. I do know let the little ground wire that pushes down on top of the rear fuel rail stud bolt, which I have no idea what grounds that it does.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Mine ended up being a burnt wire on my front o2 sensor. Fixed the wires and have have no issues. You may try checking that stuff too
Wish mine was that easy, did yours throw a code though for that bank?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Wish mine was that easy, did yours throw a code though for that bank?
Yeah it did
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Any luck?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Any luck?
Naw not yet....
Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah southern I was just trying to think of something that probably isn't the issue but just to throw ideas out there.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

It has to be electrical it seems.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
Yeah southern I was just trying to think of something that probably isn't the issue but just to throw ideas out there.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

It has to be electrical it seems.
yeah I need all of the ideas you can come across. Thanks for the help, well one guy seems to think it might be a ground issue or a computer issue. I still think its something in the tune, which after Thanksgiving im taken my losses with these guys and bring it to someone else.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE:
Well I called the guy today and he was telling me that he was driving the car around and then went to put it on the dyno to check some stuff. Well the Check ENG light came on and was throwing a code " failaure to switch 02" or something like that. So he pulled the plugs and most of the plugs are bad because of too much fuel due to the computer trying to curve the fuel ratio or something of that nature. When the guy tuned it he tuned the car with the 02's on instead of off because of the issue of a bad 02 which in my case, not a tuner so I can't really answer why they cut them off. But I have had to replace them before and im going through them like crazy either due to sucky product or I dunno. So the plan is to put to plugs in it and retune the car with the 02's off and he is going to leave them off for good and this will happen hopefully next week. Stay tune....if you dont hear from me after next week then he got it fixed and im riding around getting tickets lol jk.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

There's some progress, maybe.

My advice is to stop this goose chase and take the car someplace else.

This guy is just milking the cow IMO.

I want your car fixed for you bro.

And not next year or when this guy is done ringing the cash register.

I'm ready to hook you up with some real Mustang guys over at Extreme Mustangs and Pro Dyno in Fort Mill.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #327
Road Trip!

It's not a good idea to rune without the o2 sensors. The ecu won't be able.to adjust a/f ratio
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #328
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I didn't even know we could do that..? I hope that works out for you.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #329
Road Trip!

Quote:
I didn't even know we could do that..? I hope that works out for you.
the ecu will mostly likely go into an open loop. which is normally a safe type tune thats rich but not good to run for a period of time. in his case it will be using the tune his tuner writes. the problem is that it will not make any adjustments. this is critcial especially with weather changing right now. i say bad idea.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #330
Road Trip!

edit*
with turning the 02 sensors off the other sensors will still make adjustments most likely. but will not have anything to read what the burnt mixure was. just wanted to clarify as i may not have explained that well.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There's some progress, maybe.

My advice is to stop this goose chase and take the car someplace else.

This guy is just milking the cow IMO.

I want your car fixed for you bro.

And not next year or when this guy is done ringing the cash register.

I'm ready to hook you up with some real Mustang guys over at Extreme Mustangs and Pro Dyno in Fort Mill.
Well they are good guys and know a lot and I called a few out of state places and they pretty much told me the same as these guys. Most of the places that I called couldn't even look at it until after Xmas because they are backed up. I'm going to give this a shot and keep in mind he isn't charging me any labor for all of this, only labor he is charging me is for the install of the sub frame connectors. Where are these places? The guy that is tuning is john gotara or something like that. We will see how this goes, and if goes well then I will have it either wed before thanksgiving or the week after so I'm confident they will fix it.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #332
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I hope the tuner knows what he's doing. I thought there was another dude on ME that had his car tuned at this shop.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #333
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well they are good guys and know a lot and I called a few out of state places and they pretty much told me the same as these guys. Most of the places that I called couldn't even look at it until after Xmas because they are backed up. I'm going to give this a shot and keep in mind he isn't charging me any labor for all of this, only labor he is charging me is for the install of the sub frame connectors. Where are these places? The guy that is tuning is john gotara or something like that. We will see how this goes, and if goes well then I will have it either wed before thanksgiving or the week after so I'm confident they will fix it.
Good luck man. We will be expecting a video!
I would suggest a wideband gauge so u can keep an eye on your af also.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
It's not a good idea to rune without the o2 sensors. The ecu won't be able.to adjust a/f ratio
Yeah I know what cha mean and thanks for explaining it. He told me this and there is something he can but I didn't quite understand and its hard to explain. thanks for the explanation, that goes a long way.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:

Good luck man. We will be expecting a video!
I would suggest a wideband gauge so u can keep an eye on your af also.
Soon as I get it back I am getting a gauge that tells you AF ratio like the one on AM.far as a video I will make one of the car running but can't get one of the dyno time .

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote:
I hope the tuner knows what he's doing. I thought there was another dude on ME that had his car tuned at this shop.
I think you are referring to Lowflying but he didn't have his done here though.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #335
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah I know what cha mean and thanks for explaining it. He told me this and there is something he can but I didn't quite understand and its hard to explain. thanks for the explanation, that goes a long way.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Soon as I get it back I am getting a gauge that tells you AF ratio like the one on AM.
Don't get a regular af gauge! It is close to pointless. Make sure you get a wideband af gauge.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't get a regular af gauge! It is close to pointless. Make sure you get a wideband af gauge.
Oh ya know where I can get one that is good ? Got a link ?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #337
Road Trip!

the best cheapest worth buying is the aem wideband. it is what i run after lots and lots of research. i even know of a mod i created to make it digital and keep it calicrated. lemme find some links. be back in a sec
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the best cheapest worth buying is the aem wideband. it is what i run after lots and lots of research. i even know of a mod i created to make it digital and keep it calicrated. lemme find some links. be back in a sec
Okie
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #339
Road Trip!

ok here is the gauge. btw you wont find one much cheaper worth buying.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/av...0/media/images

and here is a write i did.
calibrate wideband gauge
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok here is the gauge. btw you wont find one much cheaper worth buying.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/av...0/media/images

and here is a write i did.
calibrate wideband gauge
Alrighty that works and is very helpful. Does this have to be mounted outside or can it be mounted inside?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #341
Road Trip!

Quote:

Alrighty that works and is very helpful. Does this have to be mounted outside or can it be mounted inside?
the gauge should be mounted inside the car. the o2 wideband sensor can go into one of your o2 sensors bungs you are not gonna use anymore.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

the gauge should be mounted inside the car. the o2 wideband sensor can go into one of your o2 sensors bungs you are not gonna use anymore.
Gotcha I def will do this and let ya know how it turns out.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #343
Road Trip!

Quote:

Gotcha I def will do this and let ya know how it turns out.
awsome mam. the little digital meter i used is not required. but its a mod for a mod. lol
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #344
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

awsome mam. the little digital meter i used is not required. but its a mod for a mod. lol
Aw I thought it comes with a gauge ?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

My guys would probably review this thread and talk to you on the phone and tell you what I do for free.

Just trying to help. I'm sure your guy is the man but he isn't working only on your car until it is fixed obviously, and if he is well...

I'm not trashing anyone but we pay damn good money for these services and I expect results.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

...and get an Aerofotce. I know your car and this gauge perfect for u and your car.

It's on sale too, about 290 I thnk.

It hooks into your Ecu and monitors like 32 diff measures.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #346
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
My guys would probably review this thread and talk to you on the phone and tell you what I do for free.
^Honestly, this isn't helpful. Really, most of the thing you have mentioned have been negative toward his situation. Just trying to help.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

^Honestly, this isn't helpful. Really, most of the thing you have mentioned have been negative toward his situation. Just trying to help.
I hate when ppl talk crap about where I'm takin my car or how I should have took it to another shop, I've been in the same situation for 2 years on my car tryin to get it where I'm happy with it and i hate when all I hear is ppl talkin crap about where I took it to have some work or tuning done, or how it will never get done right cause it's not at a certain shop they love... Where I live there is not many choices on shops that actually work on modular motors so I take what I can get
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

How is offering free help from a pro to fix a guys Car who has been in the shop all summer not helpful?

Whatever.

Good luck southern an if you want free hep to actually get your car fixed pm me.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys not trying to be rude but whatever you post in here helps in so many ways. The only reason I'm still dealing with them because dude asked me to, I understand that things happen but he isn't charging me for this. Any other shop wouldn't even talk to me but instead wanted me to bring it to them and start over with the pay.....I'm confident they will get it right because they have tuned many of my cars. So let's see how it turns out.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
How is offering free help from a pro to fix a guys Car who has been in the shop all summer not helpful?

Whatever.

Good luck southern an if you want free hep to actually get your car fixed pm me.
If they can't fix it then where are these places at ?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be at my guys shop in an hour and I am going to ask him to look this over as a favor to me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT