KB build-up thread.. - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
The waiting has to be driving you crazy!!!
YES! You have not idea bro, I cant wait to see what its going to do....
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

YES! You have not idea bro, I cant wait to see what its going to do....
Me either, it's not even my car and the waiting is driving me crazy!!! LOL!!! Have you talked to them at all?? Or are you just waiting for them to call you and tell you she's ready ?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Me either, it's not even my car and the waiting is driving me crazy!!! LOL!!! Have you talked to them at all?? Or are you just waiting for them to call you and tell you she's ready ?
Haha, you sound like mine friend and bro...they are always calling me asking if I heard something lol. Its driving me crazy but the only thing thats bothering me is if I have enough fuel supply. But no I have called them im waiting on them to call me cuz im not trying to rush them at all because i want it done right and a 100%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, you sound like mine friend and bro...they are always calling me asking if I heard something lol. Its driving me crazy but the only thing thats bothering me is if I have enough fuel supply. But no I have called them im waiting on them to call me cuz im not trying to rush them at all because i want it done right and a 100%.
Ya your right about that I wouldn't want to make them feel rushed either, my grandma always told me good things come to those who wait, she hasn't been wrong yet! LOL!!! What kind of fuel pump are you running? When I first did my KB I had the stock fuel pump with BAP but I could see on my dyno sheet at around 5k it seemed she was running out of fuel, when driving my fuel pressure was dropping to about 37 psi at 5k, since then I changed to an avaitior pump and it seemed to take care of my fuel issues , she's now holding 40 psi through the whole rpm band
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Ya your right about that I wouldn't want to make them feel rushed either, my grandma always told me good things come to those who wait, she hasn't been wrong yet! LOL!!! What kind of fuel pump are you running? When I first did my KB I had the stock fuel pump with BAP but I could see on my dyno sheet at around 5k it seemed she was running out of fuel, when driving my fuel pressure was dropping to about 37 psi at 5k, since then I changed to an avaitior pump and it seemed to take care of my fuel issues , she's now holding 40 psi through the whole rpm band
Yeah I Def agree with her, far as the car department goes Haha the female department I have yet to see lol. But, I'm running supposely a 03 cobra pump or at least that's what the box said. I know the 03 pump is a dual hat setup but this one wasn't. The pump was Def bigger in size then the stock pump I can say that I did try to install it. Now, is pump hat and all did fit a cobra gas tank but wouldnt fit mine. So I had to remove the new 03 cobra pump from the new hat and install it in my stock hat. But I Def can say that the pump was bigger in size, is it possible that they did away with the dual hat system for the 03 cobras and came out with this setup I bought ? That bap according to KB's website is a dual Bap 30 amp so if that tells ya anything. I Def can say that when I cranked it up on the start up tune is was running rich as hell and didn't seem to be starving for fuel.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

They called me today and everything is fine far as the install. The only thing was that the supercharger wasnt producing more the 3LBS of boost. Reason for that is because i forgot I had the underdrive pullies on so it was killing the supercharger. So I gave them the stock stuff back. But he told me that if the pulley is rated at 9 LBS then after the loss i would only actually be creating 6 LBS of boost....any comments on that?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00 View Post
They called me today and everything is fine far as the install. The only thing was that the supercharger wasnt producing more the 3LBS of boost. Reason for that is because i forgot I had the underdrive pullies on so it was killing the supercharger. So I gave them the stock stuff back. But he told me that if the pulley is rated at 9 LBS then after the loss i would only actually be creating 6 LBS of boost....any comments on that?
what kind of exhaust set up you have? because if you have a really open exhaust it isnt creating back pressure and causes you to lose some psi, but this is good because it allows you to be moving more air, if you have your 9lb pully on and only making 6psi, and someone else has a 9lb pully on and are making 9psi on gauge then you will be putting down power, if that makes any sense lol. im about to do the same build, picking up a teksid block saturday and the kb in a few months, im pumpedd!!!
post some vids when your done man i cant wait to see it.
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt View Post
what kind of exhaust set up you have? because if you have a really open exhaust it isnt creating back pressure and causes you to lose some psi, but this is good because it allows you to be moving more air, if you have your 9lb pully on and only making 6psi, and someone else has a 9lb pully on and are making 9psi on gauge then you will be putting down power, if that makes any sense lol. im about to do the same build, picking up a teksid block saturday and the kb in a few months, im pumpedd!!!
post some vids when your done man i cant wait to see it.
Right now I have Long Tube headers, mid xpipe, and 40 series flows on there. Yeah, thats what the guy said, just because im running 6psi doesnt mean it wont be faster the someone pushing 9psi stock. I can tell ya when you get that block and it has the nipples in the middle of the block like mine you will have to grind. Even on my stock block I would have cut the ones in the front right behide the water pump to make cleareance. It other words I hope I get what I expected or suprised that its more then what i expected. Oh well i will post some videos for ya bro.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #149
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
So that's why you always see ppl remove the UDP's when they go FI...always wondered why.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

So that's why you always see ppl remove the UDP's when they go FI...always wondered why.
Ha, I guess so the funny thing is last night I was reading over the paper work that came with the kit. Well in the small fine print it says do not use UDPs lol and then I got that call this morning.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #151
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Ha, I guess so the funny thing is last night I was reading over the paper work that came with the kit. Well in the small fine print it says do not use UDPs lol and then I got that call this morning.
But, that only means less boost, right?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But, that only means less boost, right?
Yeah.....but I can use them on the cobra lol
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They called me today and everything is fine far as the install. The only thing was that the supercharger wasnt producing more the 3LBS of boost. Reason for that is because i forgot I had the underdrive pullies on so it was killing the supercharger. So I gave them the stock stuff back. But he i told me that if the pulley is rated at 9 LBS then after the loss i would only actually be creating 6 LBS of boost....any comments on that?
I'm glad to see you heard from them and all is well, I don't understand what you mean by" loss" are you losing boost due to the efficentcy of your heads and cams? I can see that because you are able to take in and release more air NA , so if that's the case if you wanted 10 pounds of boost would you have to use a 14lb. pulley? One more question for you when you did your fuel pump did you modify the basket?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm glad to see you heard from them and all is well, I don't understand what you mean by" loss" are you losing boost due to the efficentcy of your heads and cams? I can see that because you are able to take in and release more air NA , so if that's the case if you wanted 10 pounds of boost would you have to use a 14lb. pulley? One more question for you when you did your fuel pump did you modify the basket?
The underdrive pulley was killing the supercharger by not allowing the charger to turn fast. The heads are fine but he said i would loose some due to the cams, not really sure on the whole deal with that so maybe someone can chime in. Dont you have the 2.1L KB? How much boost are you getting? Pretty much thats what he was saying I would have to go with a 14LBS pulley to make 10 LBS, but he also said instead of getting a smaller charger pullley I could upgrade the crank to a bigger one that does the same effect or doing both would help. Im new to superchargers so im at a loss as to what he was talking about. Far as the basket, no all I did was cut the stock pump out of the plastic tube that went to pump and sliced in the uprgraded pump or cobra pump with a clip that you have to have a special tool to squeeze. Kinda like a hose clamp or it doesnt screw on.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #155
Road Trip!

What the deal with the not creating enough boost because heads and cams is: the boost isn't building up because the motor flows better than stock. But say 6 psi on a great flowing motor would probably be better than 8psi on a crap flowing motor. I hope I explained this well, because its a little tricky.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
What the deal with the not creating enough boost because heads and cams is: the boost isn't building up because the motor flows better than stock. But say 6 psi on a great flowing motor would probably be better than 8psi on a crap flowing motor. I hope I explained this well, because its a little tricky.
That's what I'm saying, southern has stage 3 ported and polished trick flow heads, and I believe stage 3 comp cams, coupled together with his exhaust set up that's about as free flowing as it gets, there fore less boost equal's more power? Yes I'm running 10 lbs of boost and I'm pulling 10 thru the whole rpm band, I have a completely stock motor with the exception of bolt on's. boost is forcing air into the motor to make power , so if you can efficiently bring in air thru HCI the sc doesn't have to work as hard to make more power
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yeah, he did explain that and i sorta got the idea of what he was saying. He said he has seen a built engine with 6psi produce more power then a stock engine with 9psi. My engine def is flowing really good with the CNC ported heads, intake, and LT. I not really down about it not producing low boost I just hope its what I expect it to be with putting a charger on if that make sense. Thanks for the info man, it does help. Do you think I should upgrade the S/C pulley and crank one from stock or just one of either?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #158
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah, he did explain that and i sorta got the idea of what he was saying. He said he has seen a built engine with 6psi produce more power then a stock engine with 9psi. My engine def is flowing really good with the CNC ported heads, intake, and LT. I not really down about it not producing low boost I just hope its what I expect it to be with putting a charger on if that make sense. Thanks for the info man, it does help. Do you think I should upgrade the S/C pulley and crank one from stock or just one of either?
depends. are you gonna have to keep paying for a tune? i ask because if you get it done and decide to upgrade a pulley you may have to pay for a who,e new tune down the road. your tuner maybe able to give you an idea of how much hp increase you are gonna get with each pulley setup. that way you can better make your decision based on your goals.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
depends. are you gonna have to keep paying for a tune? i ask because if you get it done and decide to upgrade a pulley you may have to pay for a who,e new tune down the road. your tuner maybe able to give you an idea of how much hp increase you are gonna get with each pulley setup. that way you can better make your decision based on your goals.
Well I mean i dont mind paying for another tune, later on down the road. I was going to ask them when i pick it up if I were to buy a new crank or Sc pulley would it have to be retuned. As far as the tuner, what am I looking for to base my decision on?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #160
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well I mean i dont mind paying for another tune, later on down the road. I was going to ask them when i pick it up if I were to buy a new crank or Sc pulley would it have to be retuned. As far as the tuner, what am I looking for to base my decision on?
yes it will need retuned if you change the pulley.

your looking for what you personally want. i would say the most power you can get out of your setup safely. if thats what your asking?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Aw Okie, well what do you think is safe on a 2v forged setup ? I was planning om 14lbs later on.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #162
Road Trip!

Quote:
Aw Okie, well what do you think is safe on a 2v forged setup ? I was planning om 14lbs later on.
I'm not sure on that one. I'm a 5.0 guy...
Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From what I've always read the WAP block can only handle 600 rwhp, anything more than that and people go with a tekskid block or a 03-04 cobra block , most stick with the tekskid for the weight savings
Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

[
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure on that one. I'm a 5.0 guy...
haha that explains alot, looking at your picture of your car
<----- haha

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote:
From what I've always read the WAP block can only handle 600 rwhp, anything more than that and people go with a tekskid block or a 03-04 cobra block , most stick with the tekskid for the weight savings
Im not sure what mine is really...I know its not like my stock one.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.therangerstation.com/Maga...d_4-6.htm#name.

Here you go bro!! This should help ID your block!!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
http://www.therangerstation.com/Maga...d_4-6.htm#name.

Here you go bro!! This should help ID your block!!
I know my old one is a Windsor, the one now is either a romeo or the other one unless they changed the markings up. If you scroll down from the top mine looks just like the one in the picture.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Okie, so its Monday or Tues now lol ....I'm going to be suprised to get it back now lol
Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okie, so its Monday or Tues now lol ....I'm going to be suprised to get it back now lol

Different pulley??
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Different pulley??
Naw, just stock crank and sc pulley.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Did they say what the hold up was? Or are they just trying to get the most out of the tune?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did they say what the hold up was? Or are they just trying to get the most out of the tune?
Well they are trying to get most of the tune, the pullies didn't help though. The guy that's doing the tune wanted to go to a race in GA I told it was cool I'm not in a hurry lol as long as my tune right lol
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

No word yet, hopefully tom keep your hopes up. Lol say a prayer if ya get too bored lol jk.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #174
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
No word yet, hopefully tom keep your hopes up. Lol say a prayer if ya get too bored lol jk.
Lol! It's always good to pray for anything car related.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol! It's always good to pray for anything car related.
Yeah I know tell me about it, I'm hoping today lol. Not only to drive it but to get over time at work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT