Auto x racing vid! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Nice! I'm glad they are smaller cones cause I have a feeling when I do it, imma knock some ***** down.
Ha! That's what I thought too.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Some pics my buddy just uploaded. Sorry Bullitt only had 1 of ure car.
Nice pics. One is better than none at all. I'm thinking I might go to the next autocross on the 26th, are you going?
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075

Ha! That's what I thought too.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Nice pics. One is better than none at all. I'm thinking I might go to the next autocross on the 26th, are you going?
Yes sir we are going again! You should definately try to come again!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I'm trying to get work off at the moment. I should be able to go though. Last time was too much fun to miss out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm trying to get work off at the moment. I should be able to go though. Last time was too much fun to miss out.
Ok man well if you do come let me know. Hopefully other people from the forum can make it this time
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
^Nice avatar Venom! Question, who's that goober driving your Mustang? Lol! I'm kidding
Old 08-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^Nice avatar Venom! Question, who's that goober driving your Mustang? Lol! I'm kidding
Thnks for the compliment . Lol good one
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Hey Venom and Bullitt, what brake pads are you guys using? Also, did they stink after finishing a run through the course?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Venom and Bullitt, what brake pads are you guys using? Also, did they stink after finishing a run through the course?
I have the factory brakes and yes they suck. My next performance mod is to upgrade to the 13inch cobra ones slotted and drilled and get ss lines. To tell you the truth I didn't really feel a difference, I mean our times got better as the course went on but I think that was just because we got familiar and comfortable with the track.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #44
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

I have the factory brakes and yes they suck. My next performance mod is to upgrade to the 13inch cobra ones slotted and drilled and get ss lines. To tell you the truth I didn't really feel a difference, I mean our times got better as the course went on but I think that was just because we got familiar and comfortable with the track.
Thanks, I think my pads might be cheap cause they stunk bad for like 3 minutes or so. All I was doing was slowing down after running down the drag strip. I think I might try the Hawk pads.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks, I think my pads might be cheap cause they stunk bad for like 3 minutes or so. All I was doing was slowing down after running down the drag strip. I think I might try the Hawk pads.
My brakes got really hot after like the 3rd time I went around, but I didn't smell anything besides my cars fluids getting warm. I know Bullitt has stock ones as well but I think the Bullitt came with factory bigger brakes than the gt's.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #46
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

My brakes got really hot after like the 3rd time I went around, but I didn't smell anything besides my cars fluids getting warm. I know Bullitt has stock ones as well but I think the Bullitt came with factory bigger brakes than the gt's.
I think he and I have the same brake setup. I can't remember if it's the same as a Cobra. They're pretty good, they just seem like they are wearing fast. Check out the rag I used to wipe my front wheel after being at the track.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think he and I have the same brake setup. I can't remember if it's the same as a Cobra. They're pretty good, they just seem like they are wearing fast. Check out the rag I used to wipe my front wheel after being at the track.
Yea I believe you guys have the same setup. Haha dude I had break dust all over mine too!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #48
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Yea I believe you guys have the same setup. Haha dude I had break dust all over mine too!
Maybe I shouldn't worry, could be normal. What do you think?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe I shouldn't worry, could be normal. What do you think?
Well I mean we were at two totally different road courses. You were at a drag strip and I was a auto cross event. I required a lot of breaking and you not as much since you only stopped towards the end, but I think it might be normal but I'm no expert. Maybe someone will chime in
Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hi Azure, I have the same braking system as you, mine were just painted red. They were the same rotors and calipers used on the 99-04 Cobras, but they could still be improved upon. I am still running the original ford pads but I will upgrade to Hawk HPS pads when new pads are needed. The course that we ran wasn't real hard on brakes, but I could definitely see some room for improvement.
Day

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Damn phone was messing up.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

But the stock brakes did a great job, I was pleased with the lack of brake fade, which I thought I would have seen more of.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

As for your brake dust, mine are the same way. They work well, but create a lot of dust.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #51
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Cool! It sounds like what I'm seeing is pretty normal then. It will be interesting to see how the Hawk pads do. Thanks guys!

As for upgrades, there was somebody here on ME that mentioned upgrading the brake lines to stainless to each caliper is an improvement. I think I might try this along with maybe a high performance brake fluid change.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool! It sounds like what I'm seeing is pretty normal then. It will be interesting to see how the Hawk pads do. Thanks guys!

As for upgrades, there was somebody here on ME that mentioned upgrading the brake lines to stainless to each caliper is an improvement. I think I might try this along with maybe a high performance brake fluid change.
I've never upgraded to SS brake lines but they will help your peddle feel, and upgrading to a high performance brake fluid is a good idea also, but the pads will give you the biggest braking improvement of the three.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote:

Ok man well if you do come let me know. Hopefully other people from the forum can make it this time
Looks like I will be able to come next weekend for the next Autocross in Marina. I am 99% positive I have someone to cover my shift. I wonder how the track will be layed out this time? I'm crossing my fingers for a faster course(less tight corners).

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote:

One last thing about Hawk HPS pads or any high performance brake pad, they will create a lot more brake dust, they are a little louder(squeal), and they will cause a little more wear on your rotors. But the added stopping power is worth the drawbacks in my opinion.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #53
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
One last thing about Hawk HPS pads or any high performance brake pad, they will create a lot more brake dust, they are a little louder(squeal), and they will cause a little more wear on your rotors. But the added stopping power is worth the drawbacks in my opinion.
I didn't know that about the hipo brake pads. Thanks! I'd prolly woulda been starting a thread like "look at all this brake dust, is this normal?"
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didn't know that about the hipo brake pads. Thanks! I'd prolly woulda been starting a thread like "look at all this brake dust, is this normal?"
My pleasure, I upgraded the stock brembo pads for my old STi with Hawk HPS pads, and they felt much grippier.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT