White face reverse glow gauge problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
White face reverse glow gauge problem

Is the anyone who has put these on. I have them in, but I can't seem to get the reverse glow lights to work. I have it connected as the instructions state, but it still isn't working.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
Is the anyone who has put these on. I have them in, but I can't seem to get the reverse glow lights to work. I have it connected as the instructions state, but it still isn't working.
I installed it awhile ago but took them off, there is a wire that they tell you splice into and it doesn't work you have to splice into another wire
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

I installed it awhile ago but took them off, there is a wire that they tell you splice into and it doesn't work you have to splice into another wire
What I ended up doing is getting a longer wire and grounding it to a screw under the dash and it works fine. It did freeze up a couple gauges though, luckily none of the really important ones though.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

What I ended up doing is getting a longer wire and grounding it to a screw under the dash and it works fine. It did freeze up a couple gauges though, luckily none of the really important ones though.
It shouldn't freeze them it did that to me it's an easy fix... Take the gages out and in the middle of them wear the needle goes through your slightly stretch them out the gauges are so tight that it stops the needle most likely
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 559
It's probably a ground problem. I ended up having the drill a small hole in the chassis to create a new ground, which was easier too because it was closer to the spliced wires so I didn't need to lengthen them much.
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream

It shouldn't freeze them it did that to me it's an easy fix... Take the gages out and in the middle of them wear the needle goes through your slightly stretch them out the gauges are so tight that it stops the needle most likely
That's all that I figured it was, but my fingers are torn to shreds right now so I'll let them heal and play with it then.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:25 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.