I just had to! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel

Yeah I passed a new '13 GT today and I was like "damn... I could've bought one of those.". But then I remember how much easier it is with the WRX when I'm carrying my son in his car seat in one hand, and a diaper bag and a cooler in my other hand to just open the back door and put them all in the back.
Yup i know how that is! A mustang is not ment for kids, I try carrying my nephew and some of his toys it's a pain, I had to sit so close to the wheel to fit his things in. Mustang just isn't big enough. I think you made a great choice! It's a beautiful car and it's what you needed. You have the best of both words IMO mustang&WRX
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

Yup i know how that is! A mustang is not ment for kids, I try carrying my nephew and some of his toys it's a pain, I had to sit so close to the wheel to fit his things in. Mustang just isn't big enough. I think you made a great choice! It's a beautiful car and it's what you needed. You have the best of both words IMO mustang&WRX
Thanks man!! I love it. When I put the car seat in the mustang I have to put the passenger seat all the way forward. No one can sit in the seat unless they are less than 5' tall haha
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Along with just about everything! the torque he's putting out with AWD he would beat almost anybody's daily driver off a dead stop start.
Yep. But that's at the cost of his clutch potentially getting fried
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

I think you just need to know how to pack bro!.. During the summer months the Stang is the family car!.. Lol. Me, my wife, two kids plus car seats and diaper/toy bags!.. Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I think you just need to know how to pack bro!.. During the summer months the Stang is the family car!.. Lol. Me, my wife, two kids plus car seats and diaper/toy bags!.. Lol.
I don't know man. It is a rear facing car seat do there is only one way to put them in correctly. Not sure if verts have smaller backseats than a coupe also.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know man. It is a rear facing car seat do there is only one way to put them in correctly. Not sure if verts have smaller backseats than a coupe also.
Ya the rear facing seats are pain and Verts do have a slightly smaller back seat!.. Lol
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
When i put my evo on the dyno i will have to post up the numbers
Watwoodjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #43
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'd rather see 1/4 times then a dyno sheet. AWD gets a lot more power to the ground then a RWD does.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: I just had to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012 View Post
I'd rather lose in a V8 then win in a 4 banger
+1
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

AWD is awesome.
Forced Induction is awesome.
Four doors when you need it? Awesome.

The only thing I don't like is how common it is to slam those cars and the whole stance/fitment scene... It just looks retarded and from what I can tell just causes excessive tire wear.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I'd rather see 1/4 times then a dyno sheet. AWD gets a lot more power to the ground then a RWD does.
What? I the the power loss is the other way around!

All Wheel: Transfer case, two differentials, and a transmission. The transfer case and two differentials typically eat up about 5% of the power on their own, and the transmission eats up 10-20% power depending on if it's an auto or a manual. So total losses anywhere from 25-35%.

Front Wheel: Integrated transaxle. No drive-shafts. Total of 12% losses for a manual, to 22% losses for an automatic. (This is assuming transverse FWD. Longitudinal can lose from 18-28%, depending on auto or manual.)

Rear Wheel dirve?: Depends on the setup. Front-engine, rear drive typically sees 15% loss for a manual, and 25% loss for an auto. Mid-engine, rear drive, transverse setup sees 12-22% losses like the FWD above. Mid-engine, rear drive, longitudinal setup sees 16-26% losses.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSomeMods
AWD is awesome.
Forced Induction is awesome.
Four doors when you need it? Awesome.

The only thing I don't like is how common it is to slam those cars and the whole stance/fitment scene... It just looks retarded and from what I can tell just causes excessive tire wear.
I agree with everything here. From what I see, at least on the Subaru forums, the stance scene is hated by almost everybody, including me. It ruins the functionality of the cars. The people on the forums are pretty brutal toward stancing out a Subaru. It just looks ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I agree with everything here. From what I see, at least on the Subaru forums, the stance scene is hated by almost everybody, including me. It ruins the functionality of the cars. The people on the forums are pretty brutal toward stancing out a Subaru. It just looks ridiculous.
I don't thing that I've ever seen a slammed Subaru. Evo and Honda are another story.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:

+1 with a rear facing car seat the front seat has to be all the way forward my girlfriend is 5"0 and she was very uncomfortable, she was all in the dash.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #50
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watwoodjr

What? I the the power loss is the other way around!

All Wheel: Transfer case, two differentials, and a transmission. The transfer case and two differentials typically eat up about 5% of the power on their own, and the transmission eats up 10-20% power depending on if it's an auto or a manual. So total losses anywhere from 25-35%.

Front Wheel: Integrated transaxle. No drive-shafts. Total of 12% losses for a manual, to 22% losses for an automatic. (This is assuming transverse FWD. Longitudinal can lose from 18-28%, depending on auto or manual.)

Rear Wheel dirve?: Depends on the setup. Front-engine, rear drive typically sees 15% loss for a manual, and 25% loss for an auto. Mid-engine, rear drive, transverse setup sees 12-22% losses like the FWD above. Mid-engine, rear drive, longitudinal setup sees 16-26% losses.
No, you've misunderstood me, I may have worded it wrong. AWD cars have more power to the ground because there are four wheels with power verses our RWD cars only powering two. So an AWD car is faster with less power then an RWD car that has slightly more power.

I wasn't talking about rotating mass I was talking about power to the ground via AWD.

Let me ask you this. If two cars made the exact same horse power and they weighted the same, the only difference is, one is AWD and the other is RWD, which one would be faster on the 1/4 mile?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
I don't thing that I've ever seen a slammed Subaru. Evo and Honda are another story.
Trust me... They are fugly.. Just google hellaflush subaru

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Check out this video.... The driver was probably saying.... "I SHOULD'VE BOUGHT A SUBARUUUUUUUUUUUU."

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

No, you've misunderstood me, I may have worded it wrong. AWD cars have more power to the ground because there are four wheels with power verses our RWD cars only powering two. So an AWD car is faster with less power then an RWD car that has slightly more power.

I wasn't talking about rotating mass I was talking about power to the ground via AWD.

Let me ask you this. If two cars made the exact same horse power and they weighted the same, the only difference is, one is AWD and the other is RWD, which one would be faster on the 1/4 mile?
Possibly the rear wheel drive just about every awd cars bogs of the line but i know what your saying i own an evo and a stang.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #53
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watwoodjr

Possibly the rear wheel drive just about every awd cars bogs of the line but i know what your saying i own an evo and a stang.
Damn, I'm jealous.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Last time I checked this was a Mustang forum so leave the rice cakes out of here. You want a bad *** family car 3 letters SHO 360HP turbo v6 nuff' said.
Boostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

this is still my AWD car of choice

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
+1 but I'd really like one of the new R35's
Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:
Very nice, also a very quick car.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I've contemplated a WRX or Evo a couple times as my "winter" vehicle.

If I didn't use my truck for truck things I'd trade it in and pick one up. While I am and will always be a mustang fan, I also have a respect for a fast awd import. I just can't stand some of the cocky/ignorant owners, but then you got them in every car scene.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
I've contemplated a WRX or Evo a couple times as my "winter" vehicle.

If I didn't use my truck for truck things I'd trade it in and pick one up. While I am and will always be a mustang fan, I also have a respect for a fast awd import. I just can't stand some of the cocky/ignorant owners, but then you got them in every car scene.
Same here. I'm gonna be looking to buy a wrx upon my return from deployment. Gonna be dropping about 7 grand on the stang to finish it. I'll have done just about everything I can do to it with out upgrading to forged bottom end.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
+50. Yep that car is it right there. I'd drive the crap out of it over the evo or the wrx. Even before the movies. That car is just straight up nasty!!!
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

True.... My coworkers and I took my car to lunch and surprisingly somehow 4 grown men somehow fit in my mustang....
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie03fastGT

True.... My coworkers and I took my car to lunch and surprisingly somehow 4 grown men somehow fit in my mustang....
Lol. About five years ago before I got married I fit myself and three lovely ladies in mine!.. Not sure how comfortable they were but they didn't seem to mind!.. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT