Has anyone noticed? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Yum
Attached Images

xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid

I'm only 18 years old. I started off with a 1998 GT. (Which was awesome for a 16 year old.) And now I've been blessed with this '01 Cobra.
Freaking phone..

Anyways, I was just saying that I'm sure I come off as cocky, but I try not to be, and I try to show respect to any Mustang. Regardless of the price tag.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

pretty much what it comes down to is...Don't be a jerk
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
Yum
+1 I completely agree. Haha. I want a cowl hood so bad.. I wish I had someone to trade me... Lol.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012
+11
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Freaking phone..

Anyways, I was just saying that I'm sure I come off as cocky, but I try not to be, and I try to show respect to any Mustang. Regardless of the price tag.
I'm looking at upgrading to a Cobra at the end of my senior year, kinda as a gift to myself. I'm excited, I just over all love Mustangs, every mustang I drive past I wave, no matter the year, color, engine, I love them, I respect them. And no, you don't seem cocky, just excited as hell.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote:

+1 I completely agree. Haha. I want a cowl hood so bad.. I wish I had someone to trade me... Lol.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

+11
It's all about that black part between the two sides and the chin spoiler that really pulls that whole look together. That black "opening" look, with the lip creates such an aggressive look.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm looking at upgrading to a Cobra at the end of my senior year, kinda as a gift to myself. I'm excited, I just over all love Mustangs, every mustang I drive past I wave, no matter the year, color, engine, I love them, I respect them. And no, you don't seem cocky, just excited as hell.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

It's all about that black part between the two sides and the chin spoiler that really pulls that whole look together. That black "opening" look, with the lip creates such an aggressive look.
I'm glad someone sees that! The night before I signed the title I didn't sleep at all... It's so freaking awesome and I got such a hell of a deal on it... I can't help but grin every time I run through the gears.

And I agree on that Mustang... It looks sweet all together.. And good luck on the upgrade!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've had 4 fox body's 1 97 cobra, and now 07 gt... I have not really seen what you all are talking about maybe it's because I have a newer model but it could b a age/social status thing... the 2010+ gt is $30000+ and older stangs cost as much as the new motor lol so it could just be a "class" thing or lack of class lol... every conversation I've had w a 2011+ owner started by me saying "I hate you, I want your car bad so I guess my opening statement brakes the ice ...
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I've had 4 fox body's 1 97 cobra, and now 07 gt... I have not really seen what you all are talking about maybe it's because I have a newer model but it could b a age/social status thing... the 2010+ gt is $30000+ and older stangs cost as much as the new motor lol so it could just be a "class" thing or lack of class lol... every conversation I've had w a 2011+ owner started by me saying "I hate you, I want your car bad so I guess my opening statement brakes the ice ...
Probably so. Haha.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm glad someone sees that! The night before I signed the title I didn't sleep at all... It's so freaking awesome and I got such a hell of a deal on it... I can't help but grin every time I run through the gears.

And I agree on that Mustang... It looks sweet all together.. And good luck on the upgrade!
Well, I hope I can sell my car for a good price. Considering
Its all new paint
Will have a full suspension
New wheels and tires
A new interior with seats reupholstered like the cobras were but in the black and matching blue for the centers and new carpet, and custom kicker audio system.
But, idk of I'll even sell it, may keep her as my DD.
All comes down to the offers
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

If you can keep her, do it. You won't regret it. You can find a 99 or 01 Cobra at a decent price as long as you don't mind looking. I practically stole mine from my buddy. Lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you can keep her, do it. You won't regret it. You can find a 99 or 01 Cobra at a decent price as long as you don't mind looking. I practically stole mine from my buddy. Lol.
Really want a termi, but I'd take a 99/01 for sure.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Really want a termi, but I'd take a 99/01 for sure.
Don't we all.. v.v

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

I wish I could find someone to trade me for my '01...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if u don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get?
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Sorry late on the thread but the only new mustangs ice seen have been crashed lol I look down on them
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Has anyone noticed?

I've caught way more **** from truck guys than I have from any car guys. Even ricer people are usually pretty respectful to me as I am to them. I've talked to a lot of different people about my car and theirs... Idk. I guess I've just been in the right places? Only time I ever got a little peeved was by the termi owner who pulled up with his young son at a gas station. It was my buddy in his built/cammed '88 Fox and my '02 GT. I went over to talk to him about his termi and he didn't want to talk and was kinda scoffing the whole time so I left him alone after a few sentences and just ended it with, "Well it's a nice car, man, good pick." We walked back over and finished filling up our cars and I could hear the guy telling his son about how much better his car was than both of ours and stuff... -.-

What a dick. So I pulled around and rolled close by him and blew out their ears with a hard rev. And then my buddy did the same thing but with his cutoffs open(open headers) and even I got blown out. My ears hurt. Haha.

Oh well.. Some people.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:01 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a 2010 4.6, and in my area it seems like all the guys with 5.0s aren't even cool Mustang or even car guys. Like they just got it because it's the "in thing". I had a beautiful 5.0 pass me yesterday and I swear I had to strain to hear even hear it. I couldn't have had one mod on it. I love pulling up on them and at least letting them hear what a Mustang is supposed to sound like.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

my 02 rules
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know I am an 06, but I feel I should say. The problem is that most of the guys with the newer cars have spent too much money on them. They are trying to justify spending all that cash. When someone only talks about horsepower, they are inthe car for one reason, to try and be better than someone. They aren't real mustang lovers. I for example, will only change the appearance of my car to make it my own. I won't even really touch the engine. I plan on leaving it all stock. There is no point in trying to dump a ton of money into your car to make it fast. There is always going to be someone faster. That's why it is funny to hear these Jacka$$es talk about how fast their cars are. Let them take them out in the real world, they will get crushed by a lot of rich people that can afford sooo much more. Just keep on loving your car and ignore the small pen/$ people out there.
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I I did it you'd call me stupid
I c it as smarter
It's like vosotros in Spanish, if u kno Spanish that is :p

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Even if our 99-04 stangs are so out powered now I still love my stang! Someone posted a thread I think yesterday about can my car beat a new V6 I was like damn I feel ashamed . Lol
I read that and smiled XD

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

That's not fair.
I meet your criteria. I'm 31 & have a 5.0 does that mean I'm a jerk too?

I show everyone the same respect I'd expect to get in return. I realize some of the members here have a negative .02 but it's not only 11+ owners. I can think of a few new edge owners that are just down right nasty to some of the younger crowd.
I used to wave at mustangs but no one waved back
Minus a couple ppl
Tbh most people have mustangs just to have a mustang. As in they don't know ***** about their car :p other than its a stang
So much for respect....

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Amen!
If that wasn't southern enough or you, then
Roll tide!
I am a bans fan btw ;p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I get what everyone is saying. I've met several people with a coyote that were straight up dicks and I've met some really cool ones at the same time. But my guess is it's just the generation. I'm 24 and I could easily afford one but I decided to wait a few years to buy one because of the parts expense and availability. My generation is really filled with cocky arrogant jerks that have had everything handed to them and they are a good portion of people buying them cause their right out of college and think "I've gotta get a new NEW car. Not something a few years old". Ive also noticed there's ALOT of them with lien titles and being repos for that exact reason too. I'm not saying EVERYONE that owns one is a dick or everyone in the age range is either but it seems more of them are. It also seems more terminator owns are the same way also.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012 View Post
also I noticed its an older generation. I'm 18. it's more like the people in the late 20- to late 30s and they the people 40+ are cool as can be!
The 40 years like me r cool,,cause we are happy we finally got r mustang..lol..Personally i love the 5.0 engine,,possibilites are endless,,but i dont care for the look of the car as much as the older ones and up to 2010

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt View Post
I know I am an 06, but I feel I should say. The problem is that most of the guys with the newer cars have spent too much money on them. They are trying to justify spending all that cash. When someone only talks about horsepower, they are inthe car for one reason, to try and be better than someone. They aren't real mustang lovers. I for example, will only change the appearance of my car to make it my own. I won't even really touch the engine. I plan on leaving it all stock. There is no point in trying to dump a ton of money into your car to make it fast. There is always going to be someone faster. That's why it is funny to hear these Jacka$$es talk about how fast their cars are. Let them take them out in the real world, they will get crushed by a lot of rich people that can afford sooo much more. Just keep on loving your car and ignore the small pen/$ people out there.
I just want mine fast enough to keep up with the new sho taurus and cadalac,,dont want to b beat by a family car..lol
Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut View Post
I get what everyone is saying. I've met several people with a coyote that were straight up dicks and I've met some really cool ones at the same time. But my guess is it's just the generation. I'm 24 and I could easily afford one but I decided to wait a few years to buy one because of the parts expense and availability. My generation is really filled with cocky arrogant jerks that have had everything handed to them and they are a good portion of people buying them cause their right out of college and think "I've gotta get a new NEW car. Not something a few years old". Ive also noticed there's ALOT of them with lien titles and being repos for that exact reason too. I'm not saying EVERYONE that owns one is a dick or everyone in the age range is either but it seems more of them are. It also seems more terminator owns are the same way also.
+1 I've been trying to talk a lot of my friends out of buying brand new cars for a lot of reasons... I'll never buy new. It's just how I am. I don't mind being a second of third owner. I don't care what the car has been through; I know what I can make it in to and I know I can make it in to what I want it to be. That's all that matters. If people are stuck up with their new cars then let them be. I'll be hugging my steering wheel while slamming gears right past them.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If someone came up to me today and said you have 5 models of mustangs to pick from and you only get one and we will put any engine in it that ford makes and the choices are 03 Mach 1, 04 Cobra, 05 Mustang, 2010 Mustang or 2013 Mustang which would you pick. I'd have to say the Mach 1 with the GT 500 engine. That's how much I like the new edge Mustangs. Best looking since 68!

I have encountered a few 5.0 guys around here and I know what your talking about. 1st you have to understand "We" as in New Edge probably bought our cars used in the 7k-15k range and we all work a smaller job and don't make a whole lot of money. The new 2013 5.0 Stangs are around the 40k range and you are usually a person who is either older and has money to drop on a car like that or you are a young guy who wants to show off what you can buy and every other mustang guy doesn't understand. In 2001 a new corvette went for 46k brand new and we all know the majority who drive corvettes.......slow old grumpy guys!
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
If someone came up to me today and said you have 5 models of mustangs to pick from and you only get one and we will put any engine in it that ford makes and the choices are 03 Mach 1, 04 Cobra, 05 Mustang, 2010 Mustang or 2013 Mustang which would you pick. I'd have to say the Mach 1 with the GT 500 engine. That's how much I like the new edge Mustangs. Best looking since 68!

I have encountered a few 5.0 guys around here and I know what your talking about. 1st you have to understand "We" as in New Edge probably bought our cars used in the 7k-15k range and we all work a smaller job and don't make a whole lot of money. The new 2013 5.0 Stangs are around the 40k range and you are usually a person who is either older and has money to drop on a car like that or you are a young guy who wants to show off what you can buy and every other mustang guy doesn't understand. In 2001 a new corvette went for 46k brand new and we all know the majority who drive corvettes.......slow old grumpy guys!

Heard that! And honestly... I'd take the '04 Cobra with the newest 2004 Cobra engine but with the 2005 revised tumble-port C heads. That'd be sweet.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #60
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

This thread is gonna end badly. Butts will be hurt! Hehe.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
This thread is gonna end badly. Butts will be hurt! Hehe.
Isn't that what you lurk around the forums for, anyway? :p Haha

Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

if u don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did you get?
$6200. Probe Forged internals, rebuilt tranny with a Pro 5.0 Short Throw, 3:73s, 31 Spline Moser Axles, 99 GT Rearend Swap, and Flowmaster 40s..
Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #63
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I'll take a fox with a coyote stuffed in it please.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
IMHO 05 and up are like driving a small yacht.

I've had every generation of stang and I ended up back in New Edge. So have quite a few longtime power users I know.

The 05 and up reminded me of my 70 SS Monte Carlo.

Not a dig just a fact....errrrr... Opinion.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #65
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I'll take one too please
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Yeah me too!

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Best thing about all the years is Ford encourages end users/manufacturers to mod away Til their heart is content.

Easily one of the best muscle cars you can "make your own".
Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #67
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Isn't that what you lurk around the forums for, anyway? :p Haha
Yeah, that's what keeps me coming back.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Fun thread though...we're all just screwing around cause we're bored anyway.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

How does everyone go from bashing the new 5.0 owners to wanting to b the proud owner of a 5.0 in a fox? In some sense now u have the power they have. Do u look down on others now?
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #70
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I look down on penguins. Flightless birds... What a jip.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT