Has anyone noticed? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid

$6200. Probe Forged internals, rebuilt tranny with a Pro 5.0 Short Throw, 3:73s, 31 Spline Moser Axles, 99 GT Rearend Swap, and Flowmaster 40s..
nice!
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Has anyone noticed that most of the guys on here and in public with 2010-2013 mustangs kinda look down on us and are jerks? Or is it just me?
And now you know what us v6 owners feel like. Lol
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

I'll be honest with you. yes I do look down on sixxers. they just don't do anything for me. but I'll respect any person who's car is done right and has been taken care of. but don't expect me to kiss you *** with a stock six lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #74
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I look down on penguins. Flightless birds... What a jip.
Ha!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
How does everyone go from bashing the new 5.0 owners to wanting to b the proud owner of a 5.0 in a fox? In some sense now u have the power they have. Do u look down on others now?
I've never looked down on anyone. I just like fox bodies. I'll take one with a 4.6 too, I like the modern updates over the years, like COP's and ECU tuning.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

I'll be honest with you. yes I do look down on sixxers. they just don't do anything for me. but I'll respect any person who's car is done right and has been taken care of. but don't expect me to kiss you *** with a stock six lol
Wow!
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #76
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

This might be where the thread takes a dive

Sorry, you can't complain about new 5.0 owners if you slam on sixers. How is it any different?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #77
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I just don't care if my car has color changing gauges, satnav, sync, etc. That's why I don't care for the new cars.
Imo they lack the muscle car feel. The raw power on the edge feeling.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I just don't care if my car has color changing gauges, satnav, sync, etc. That's why I don't care for the new cars.
Imo they lack the muscle car feel. The raw power on the edge feeling.
I didn't buy my car for color changing gauges but it has plenty of raw power and an on the edge feeling
Old 08-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I respect all mustangs, and all cars(as long as their not rice). I give thumbs up to all mustang owners
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
I I did it you'd call me stupid
I c it as smarter
It's like vosotros in Spanish, if u kno Spanish that is :p

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

I read that and smiled XD

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

I used to wave at mustangs but no one waved back
Minus a couple ppl
Tbh most people have mustangs just to have a mustang. As in they don't know ***** about their car :p other than its a stang
So much for respect....

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Amen!
If that wasn't southern enough or you, then
Roll tide!
I am a bans fan btw ;p
To be honest I started with my stang cause I've wanted one since my brother had his, long ago. But now as time passed its. Even mote of an awesome machine. Much more love for these beasts. It grows on a daily.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have found that the upper thirties and up in the SN-95 and new edge are the worst to kids with the same cars. I havent met any younger guys with the new stangs so im not going to comment on it.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #82
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
I have found that the upper thirties and up in the SN-95 and new edge are the worst to kids with the same cars. I havent met any younger guys with the new stangs so im not going to comment on it.
I'm 44, so this is not always true.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

it seems that it's the other way around here in easy Texas lol. I always wave to every stang owner, even if you can barely even tell what kind of car it is from all the damage it has. these guys can't even comprehend what I'm doing and just stare at me, and that's where I proceed to give them a little rev and carry on

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Has anyone noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
That's like saying all the Shelby owners or cobra owners talk smack and look down on everyone else, when in fact all the Shelby owners and cobra owners on here are really nice, I own a 2003 v6 and I can't count the times a cobra, Shelby or GT owner helped me out with one of my questions.
The point is... There will always be that one ******* on the group that will make the rest seem like that.
Do you have any more pictures of your car? I was thinking of doing a grabber blue side stripe.

Carry on
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

This might be where the thread takes a dive

Sorry, you can't complain about new 5.0 owners if you slam on sixers. How is it any different?
bc if it's a stock six there deff isn't anything special about it. at least make your six nice yah know.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #86
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

bc if it's a stock six there deff isn't anything special about it. at least make your six nice yah know.
What about a stock GT? Or a stock Boss? Just bc its a six?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Unless they can't afford it, or don't need a V8... Or parents won't let them have it... Not bashing. Just saying. At least they have a Mustang.

And idk if I'm the only one noticing, but this thread is on the verge of going south really fast. Lol.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What about a stock GT? Or a stock Boss? Just bc its a six?
stock gt's are cool but won't grab my attention. and it's not like I won't respect someone w a six but most people I know w a stock six don't give a crap about their mustang, and it's kinda like someone's name on the forum it's "just a six". once again. I've never been rude or treated someone diff bc of the car they drive but in my eyes. it's nothing special
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #89
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

I don't look down on any car/driver. My girlfriend has a 02 V6 and I think it's a sexy car. I understand not everyone car have a V8 or cobra due to whatever reasons. I respect all mustang lovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1175182884.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	63921  
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #90
Road Trip!

Quote:

stock gt's are cool but won't grab my attention. and it's not like I won't respect someone w a six but most people I know w a stock six don't give a crap about their mustang, and it's kinda like someone's name on the forum it's "just a six". once again. I've never been rude or treated someone diff bc of the car they drive but in my eyes. it's nothing special
I understand why your saying about most people with the V6 don't take care of their car. I see a lot of really rough looking V6 around my town. As I said before I even have respect for rice burners. Everyone has different styles and like different think and maybe can't afford a mustang or V8. I live my girlfriends V6 we both take really good care of our cars.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #91
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Unfortunately...

Quote:
...that's not what it sounds like as other sixers, or anyone for that matter, when they read this^
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #92
Road Trip!

Here's another pic of her car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1015953674.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	63922  
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Just to add onto the fun I will put out there that I have owned two new edge style mustangs and I have just moved with the years. I will tell u there are only two pieces of criteria that will get a bad response out of me as a mustang owner. 1 is if you don't take care of it. No washing no cleaning but you want to soak in the pride of it even if ur pony looks sick. The other is the lying. The people that try to bs you saying they have something they don't have. Besides that I love all mustangs including the II and all v6s. They all have a place in my eye as long as they are taken care of. Oh and the new edge style is still my fav body style even if I own a 2011. I like the car even more when it has 315s on it lol

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid

Unless they can't afford it, or don't need a V8... Or parents won't let them have it... Not bashing. Just saying. At least they have a Mustang.

And idk if I'm the only one noticing, but this thread is on the verge of going south really fast. Lol.
Just make sure it's the South of New Mexico, so you guys can stop by for a visit, ;>
But seems that way, I wonder when its going to explode,,,,,,,
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Unfortunately...

...that's not what it sounds like as other sixers, or anyone for that matter, when they read this^
take it how you like
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

I can see everyones opinion. Everybody is different.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I think she has a point.. Half these sixxers bring it on themselves. 90% of them are like ricers of the mustang world and put the god awfullest crap on there car just because it's a bolt on and can buy it. Same mentality and same threads u scroll thru.. What exhaust should I get.. CAI questions.. Etc.

Then u have these excuses to why u don't have a gt or 5.0.. Gas mileage.. Don't need a v8... Insurance... Price?? BS. U bought a $30k v6 when u coulda bought an 03 or 04 cobra for less money. If someone says they would rather have a v6 over a v8 mustang they are FOS!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I think she has a point.. Half these sixxers bring it on themselves. 90% of them are like ricers of the mustang world and put the god awfullest crap on there car just because it's a bolt on and can buy it. Same mentality and same threads u scroll thru.. What exhaust should I get.. CAI questions.. Etc.

Then u have these excuses to why u don't have a gt or 5.0.. Gas mileage.. Don't need a v8... Insurance... Price?? BS. U bought a $30k v6 when u coulda bought an 03 or 04 cobra for less money. If someone says they would rather have a v6 over a v8 mustang they are FOS!
Gas mileage +agreed. Driving like a human being has brought me to 22.45mpg. And shes a Cobra
And yes on the FOS v8 over all =}„ I just love v8's not the juice though gross jaja
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I think some people like to get butt heart. they look for you to say something to offend them. and other times people really are d-bags

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
I think some people like to get butt heart. they look for you to say something to offend them. and other times people really are d-bags
hurt*
Old 08-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #100
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

hurt*
The only time I'm "butt hurt" is if I have too much spicy foods. I treat everyone the same, no matter what they drive, so I'm not a d-bag.

Hmmm... I guess the jury is still out
Old 08-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

i have always wanted a mustang since high school-mid 90s. my dad would not allow me to get one. besides, he was a mopar guy-dodge demon. he got me a 93 mazda mx6 for college. but i still had love for mustangs, just could not afford one. while in college, i race a vert gt and beat him from red light to red light. he was not a driver. that kind of changed the way i felt about the mustang. then i dusted a few v6s. that made me do homework to learn more about the mustangs. then i knew exactly what to look for whenever i decided i would get one. and its almost 20 years later & im just fulfilling that childhood dream. but i got just what i wanted. i have respect for all mustang owners. i dont know what paths they have taken to get to where they are or where they are going in life. i took several detours before i arrived. just glad to be here. i cant honest say that i look down on others because of a lesser "status" to me. if i cant help you, i definitely will not harm you... one love! at the end of the day, we all drive a ford mustang!
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

I look "down" on people when I see a nice... or could be nice Stang parked up close to a store inbetween random non car taken car of door dinging bastards.... really angers me
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545 View Post
I look "down" on people when I see a nice... or could be nice Stang parked up close to a store inbetween random non car taken car of door dinging bastards.... really angers me
lol i feel ya. i hate the door dings too!
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #104
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
That's one of the reasons I had for not buying a brand new GT. I couldn't bring myself to pay 38k for a car having knowing she'll take so much abuse from other drivers in parking lots and other road hazards. Really Mustangs or any other ride costing that much.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just read their mustang love thread lol. It justifies which people you guys are talking about.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT