Has anyone noticed? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #106
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT
Just read their mustang love thread lol. It justifies which people you guys are talking about.
The 2013 guys have a mustang love thread?
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
The only v6s that I give respect to are the ones that are still in good condition. I feel the same about a GT or Cobra, I can't count the number of times I've lost respect for someone in a ratty mustang. There are so many people who buy mustangs just to say they have a mustang and dont respect the heritage that comes with the car. If you can't respect your own car then why should I respect you.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 813
Ok so the next logical question is this.... What if somebody is driving aroun in a spotted primer mustang and is actually working on bringing it back from the dead? Does he deserve respect or should he be looked down on?
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

The 2013 guys have a mustang love thread?
The 10-13 section.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I think she has a point.. Half these sixxers bring it on themselves. 90% of them are like ricers of the mustang world and put the god awfullest crap on there car just because it's a bolt on and can buy it. Same mentality and same threads u scroll thru.. What exhaust should I get.. CAI questions.. Etc.

Then u have these excuses to why u don't have a gt or 5.0.. Gas mileage.. Don't need a v8... Insurance... Price?? BS. U bought a $30k v6 when u coulda bought an 03 or 04 cobra for less money. If someone says they would rather have a v6 over a v8 mustang they are FOS!
I have a few "bolt on" parts on my new edge, but it isn't ricer... It's different but not ricer.
And the reason I have a v6? I'm 17 lol. But, for sure, I'd take an 8 over a 6.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #111
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT

The 10-13 section.
I try and stay off that section, cause they are so rude! I'll go take a look.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
Ok so the next logical question is this.... What if somebody is driving aroun in a spotted primer mustang and is actually working on bringing it back from the dead? Does he deserve respect or should he be looked down on?
If it is clear that is what they are doing then yes they do deserve respect because they are putting effort into their mustang and not letting it rot.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

I try and stay off that section, cause they are so rude! I'll go take a look.
I hear ya. I just read the first page and that was enough to understand.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
Ok so the next logical question is this.... What if somebody is driving aroun in a spotted primer mustang and is actually working on bringing it back from the dead? Does he deserve respect or should he be looked down on?
No, he's restoring it. He didn't leave it in a **** condition, he's actually bring it back from that
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

bc if it's a stock six there deff isn't anything special about it. at least make your six nice yah know.
My parents refused to let me get a GT
So I told me I'd make my 3.7l v6 better than one :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
I mean of course it's not all of them but a few
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid

Unless they can't afford it, or don't need a V8... Or parents won't let them have it... Not bashing. Just saying. At least they have a Mustang.

And idk if I'm the only one noticing, but this thread is on the verge of going south really fast. Lol.
I live in bama
Doesn't get more south than here :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

I have a few "bolt on" parts on my new edge, but it isn't ricer... It's different but not ricer.
And the reason I have a v6? I'm 17 lol. But, for sure, I'd take an 8 over a 6.
Maybe u don't fall into the 90% then
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 813
Yes you are right but honestly anybody who takes pride in their ride deserves respect mustang camaro even the ricers BUT a trend follower is one thing, a auto enthusiast is another. I've seen guys drop 13k on a car and it be trashed in days. And for some of the 2011 and up guys that are dicks is because of that payment they make every month. Or it's like a "class" deal to fit in...
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
Yes you are right but honestly anybody who takes pride in their ride deserves respect mustang camaro even the ricers BUT a trend follower is one thing, a auto enthusiast is another. I've seen guys drop 13k on a car and it be trashed in days. And for some of the 2011 and up guys that are dicks is because of that payment they make every month. Or it's like a "class" deal to fit in...
I'm not disrespecting anyone.. I don't need to b on a pedistal cuz I got a Shelby but if ur car looks like dookie cuz u go ape ***** with bolt ons u put urself in a category to get bashed no matter what u drive.. Simple as that

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

That's not directed towards u.. I'm just sayin in general
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Re: Has anyone noticed?

oh by the way we are not rude in the 10-13 section and for your information I am in all sections because i take an interest in all years of cars. We may be a little cocky but I can tell you that I have props for any mustang owner and because of that I freely roam the forums to have fun and share ideas with other people
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
oh by the way we are not rude in the 10-13 section and for your information I am in all sections because i take an interest in all years of cars. We may be a little cocky but I can tell you that I have props for any mustang owner and because of that I freely roam the forums to have fun and share ideas with other people
Not talking about All. there are just some that even say they turn there noses up at anything below a 2005. People like you Greg are the reason we say not all lol because you do come to our forums and give props and ideas. I mean that's why it's a site/app for all mustangs not different years.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Or how many cylinders you have.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Unfortunately...

...that's not what it sounds like as other sixers, or anyone for that matter, when they read this^
X10...

Any Mustang is cool to me. It's about the fact that there other people that like Mustangs and have that similar interest. It shouldn't be about who is better or faster, etc. There should be equal respect across the board. Unfortunately, it can never be that way cause there is always a balance.

The point is, just understand that it will always be balanced. So don't stress over those people cause they will always be there. Realize they are there and ignore it...
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #124
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy
oh by the way we are not rude in the 10-13 section and for your information I am in all sections because i take an interest in all years of cars. We may be a little cocky but I can tell you that I have props for any mustang owner and because of that I freely roam the forums to have fun and share ideas with other people
I used to comment on all threads but them everything I would say in the 10-13 section would act like I'm dumb and don't know what I'm talking. A couple would say the 13s are different your 01, all cars work the same. I race cars so I know a lot about race cars and daily driving cars ford or Chevy. I just feel as they disrespect me and be very cocky.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt

X10...

Any Mustang is cool to me. It's about the fact that there other people that like Mustangs and have that similar interest. It shouldn't be about who is better or faster, etc. There should be equal respect across the board. Unfortunately, it can never be that way cause there is always a balance.

The point is, just understand that it will always be balanced. So don't stress over those people cause they will always be there. Realize they are there and ignore it...
Haters gonna hate.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT

Haters gonna hate.
Well said my friend. A lot shorter than my explaination. Lol
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Re: Has anyone noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post
I used to comment on all threads but them everything I would say in the 10-13 section would act like I'm dumb and don't know what I'm talking. A couple would say the 13s are different your 01, all cars work the same. I race cars so I know a lot about race cars and daily driving cars ford or Chevy. I just feel as they disrespect me and be very cocky.
Fair enough i can understand that and your're doing the right thing by staying out of there. The other thing you could do is just take it with a grain of salt because the intial post is only the tip of the ice berg when it comes to a thread. People search this stuff on google and mustang evolution shows up with the thread for those key words etc. Someone might find your knowledge to be useful to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT View Post
Not talking about All. there are just some that even say they turn there noses up at anything below a 2005. People like you Greg are the reason we say not all lol because you do come to our forums and give props and ideas. I mean that's why it's a site/app for all mustangs not different years.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Or how many cylinders you have.
Yeah and i understand what you are saying, really i think that you don't see many people cross deck years of mustangs because they aren't very knowledgable in those other years. I have owned from 2000 to now and I know those years the most so honestly i don't try to avoid it but fox bodies and sn95 i really don't chat with much and as far as classic ones i don't get involved there much although old engine are the most simple to work on.
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #128
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt

X10...

Any Mustang is cool to me. It's about the fact that there other people that like Mustangs and have that similar interest. It shouldn't be about who is better or faster, etc. There should be equal respect across the board. Unfortunately, it can never be that way cause there is always a balance.

The point is, just understand that it will always be balanced. So don't stress over those people cause they will always be there. Realize they are there and ignore it...
Well said man!
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
I understand what you're saying about not knowing as much about the other generations. It's mainly just the people hating on curtains years bc its not as high tech or as fast as theirs.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
It's a little late but coming from somebody who has a new edge and a new 5.0 the perfect car would be a new edge with a 5.0
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #131
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
It's a little late but coming from somebody who has a new edge and a new 5.0 the perfect car would be a new edge with a 5.0
I have to disagree. Because I love the interior of my '11.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #132
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I have to disagree. Because I love the interior of my '11.
Yup, new Mustang interior is pretty sweet!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #133
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

If it is clear that is what they are doing then yes they do deserve respect because they are putting effort into their mustang and not letting it rot.
What about the guys that can't afford to do anything to there mustang but keep it running? I've been there, it didn't mean I didn't love my car.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #134
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Has anyone noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I have to disagree. Because I love the interior of my '11.
True and driving a new edge is like driving a fox body. They just feel the same.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #135
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

True and driving a new edge is like driving a fox body. They just feel the same.
Even with the subframe connectors I can feel it.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #136
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

True and driving a new edge is like driving a fox body. They just feel the same.
Uh...if you say so. My fox feels dangerous compared to our sn95's
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

I'll be honest with you. yes I do look down on sixxers. they just don't do anything for me. but I'll respect any person who's car is done right and has been taken care of. but don't expect me to kiss you *** with a stock six lol
Yeah, i get the whole stock V6 thing, but still. That's kinda rude, y'know? Just because someone doesn't have what you have, doesn't mean you have to be stuck up about it. I don't think you'd like to have a Bugatti owner pulling up to you, saying, "Oh, it's only a V8?" laughing, then driving away. Know what i'm sayin'? I'm noticing more and more that Mustang owners and Camaro owners have at least one thing in common. they LOVE bashing on other mustangs. Lol
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
beccabau2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

Yeah, i get the whole stock V6 thing, but still. That's kinda rude, y'know? Just because someone doesn't have what you have, doesn't mean you have to be stuck up about it. I don't think you'd like to have a Bugatti owner pulling up to you, saying, "Oh, it's only a V8?" laughing, then driving away. Know what i'm sayin'? I'm noticing more and more that Mustang owners and Camaro owners have at least one thing in common. they LOVE bashing on other mustangs. Lol
like I said already it's not to be rude. I just prefer a v8 and that will get my attention before a v6 for sure. take it how u want.
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spiney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 320
I'm 51, my wife and I bought a very clean 96 SVT Cobra last July. Before that in my teens and 20's I owned a string of classic Mustangs. My very first car was a 67 coupe straight 6, then a 68 coupe 200 straight 6. Sold that and moved up to a 1970 Fastback with a 302 V8 2 barrel carb. Next I bought a brand new 82 HO GT, The first of the 5.0's. In between I had a couple of Saabs including a 79 Turbo. My last Mustang in my 20's was a 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland, Hurst 4 speed, factory hood scoop etc. I sold it when my daughter was born back in 1985 fully restored for $2800 Doh! Then last year after she was married we bought the Cobra. We then joined the local Mustang Club. The Berks County Mustang Car Club, on the web and Facebook. As a new member I carry their business cards with me and either put them on many Mustangs to invited them to join, or if I see the owner, I personally invited them to join. I don't care if they have 1 or 2 exhaust pipes. If the car looks like the owner has pride in their ride, we are glad to have them as a member.

We have members with Shelby's, Roush, Saleen and everyday daily drivers. We have Fox Body members with 4 bangers, 4 cylinder turbos, a member with a1970 Fastback that looks like a Mach 1 until you lift the hood and there's a straight 6!. We are also open to Ford enthusiast so we have some Capris, a Mercury Merkur with a Turbo 4. SVT Contours, Focus, and Ford Pick ups. There's even a Mustang II Cobra II with a V6 not the 8. It recently won Best of Show at a car show.

Bottom line we welcome and love all Mustang Owners who take pride in their ride. As a Cobra owner I have felt looked down upon by owners of the 2003-4 Terminator Cobras. They do seem to have a Superior attitude. So that's my take on this thread from here in Reading, PA. Spiney-Dave
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

like I said already it's not to be rude. I just prefer a v8 and that will get my attention before a v6 for sure. take it how u want.
I haven't read the whole thread, and i'm sure you didn't intend for it to be rude. Personal preference is personal preference, i'm just really surprised that theres SO much v6 hate in this forum lately.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.