Has anyone noticed? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Has anyone noticed?

Has anyone noticed that most of the guys on here and in public with 2010-2013 mustangs kinda look down on us and are jerks? Or is it just me?
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
Has anyone noticed that most of the guys on here and in public with 2010-2013 mustangs kinda look down on us and are jerks? Or is it just me?
lol I've noticed. they won't give us the time of day. I guess our measly 260 hp isn't good enough for that big ole coyote.
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Road Trip!

It just seems we ( as 96-04 ) guys/girls are more layed back and get along with all mustang lovers. Most of the newer guys just act like we are no good and are always fighting about everything and just seem so up tight about everything. I have noticed that ALOT on here and also around town with guys I try and talk to that just blow me off guess cause I don't have a new 5.0 idk I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got love for new edge stangs.

And I'm only a jerk ONCE YOU GRT TO KNOW ME!!!!

Besides... My coyote is a money pit. Parts are cheaper for older stangs.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It just seems we ( as 96-04 ) guys/girls are more layed back and get along with all mustang lovers. Most of the newer guys just act like we are no good and are always fighting about everything and just seem so up tight about everything. I have noticed that ALOT on here and also around town with guys I try and talk to that just blow me off guess cause I don't have a new 5.0 idk I'm not sure.
also I noticed its an older generation. I'm 18. it's more like the people in the late 20- to late 30s and they the people 40+ are cool as can be!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy
I got love for new edge stangs.

And I'm only a jerk ONCE YOU GRT TO KNOW ME!!!!

Besides... My coyote is a money pit. Parts are cheaper for older stangs.
Lol maybe I shouldn't get to know you! JK

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

also I noticed its an older generation. I'm 18. it's more like the people in the late 20- to late 30s and they the people 40+ are cool as can be!
Now that you say that I have noticed that! It just seems like it's "I'm a better than you attitude" from most of them. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about all the guys in new stangs I have met some real cool guy/girls just most are d!cks
Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

"I'm thirty seven, I'm not old... " - Dennis

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Re: Has anyone noticed?

I think its just you judging a book by its cover,sorta like they are doing to you.....
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
"I'm thirty seven, I'm not old... " - Dennis
Lol your in your prime! Beautiful car man I love the black on black.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I think its just you judging a book by its cover,sorta like they are doing to you.....
I'm not judging anyone in just speaking from experiences I have had I call walk up to any fox body or new edge guys and talk at car shows, has stations and on here. But with the new mustang guys ( again not all ) they are real short and just act like they are better than me.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks... I sacrafice soap and water often to appease her.

In return, She hasn't killed me yet. But she tries to....

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:

Thanks... I sacrafice soap and water often to appease her.

In return, She hasn't killed me yet. But she tries to....
She's just trying to keep you driving like the young guys! Lol
Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

I'm not judging anyone in just speaking from experiences I have had I call walk up to any fox body or new edge guys and talk at car shows, has stations and on here. But with the new mustang guys ( again not all ) they are real short and just act like they are better than me.

So I could say that most of the new edge guys are the younger crowd who over plasti dip their cars,buy every cheap 3M stick on mod for their cars from AM,roll around bumping loud rap music and try to street race every honda they come across....that would be speaking from experience right?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

So I could say that most of the new edge guys are the younger crowd who over plasti dip their cars,buy every cheap 3M stick on mod for their cars from AM,roll around bumping loud rap music and try to street race every honda they come across....that would be speaking from experience right?
If that's is your experiences with the new edge models than sure. I'm just stating my experiences with all kind of different mustang owns the guys with the new stangs seem like they look down on us and are always pissed and trying to start a arguments.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
Regular
Supporter

Not this guy.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012 View Post
lol I've noticed. they won't give us the time of day. I guess our measly 260 hp isn't good enough for that big ole coyote.
or the 305 hp v6
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

or the 305 hp v6
Lol your making me feel bad! JK
305HP out of a stock v6 is very impressive I was shocked when Ford announced how much power they were putting out. Just shows how much the mustang has came over the past few years. If someone would have told me in 2001 that a mustang V6 would come from the factory with more horsepower than my V8 I would of laughed in their face!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

305HP out of a stock v6 is very impressive I was shocked when Ford announced how much power they were putting out. Just shows how much the mustang has came over the past few years. If someone would have told me in 2001 that a mustang V6 would come from the factory with more horsepower than my V8 I would of laughed in their face!
I'm still shocked lol
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin View Post
true, but if you buy a new v6 for 23k and an older v8 for 10k, and use the 13k on upgrades, you have a pretty badass v8
and like someone said earlier, parts are cheaper for you all. lucky people
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

true, but if you buy a new v6 for 23k and an older v8 for 10k, and use the 13k on upgrades, you have a pretty badass v8
and like someone said earlier, parts are cheaper for you all. lucky people
you all? supposed to say y'all. your from bama!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Even if our 99-04 stangs are so out powered now I still love my stang! Someone posted a thread I think yesterday about can my car beat a new V6 I was like damn I feel ashamed . Lol
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

That's not fair.
I meet your criteria. I'm 31 & have a 5.0 does that mean I'm a jerk too?

I show everyone the same respect I'd expect to get in return. I realize some of the members here have a negative .02 but it's not only 11+ owners. I can think of a few new edge owners that are just down right nasty to some of the younger crowd.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

That's not fair.

I show everyone the same respect I'd expect to get in return. I realize some of the members here have a negative .02 but it's not only 11+ owners. I can think of a few new edge owners that are just down right nasty to some of the younger crowd.
I agree, I understand there can be rude people on any model car put just seems like most of the mustang owners I talk to that are rude and have that attitude "I'm better than you" drive new stangs. I have met some rude new edge guys too but not as many as the newer guys. I try to be nice to anyone that owns a stang no mater what year I believe we are a group together.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
That's like saying all the Shelby owners or cobra owners talk smack and look down on everyone else, when in fact all the Shelby owners and cobra owners on here are really nice, I own a 2003 v6 and I can't count the times a cobra, Shelby or GT owner helped me out with one of my questions.
The point is... There will always be that one ******* on the group that will make the rest seem like that.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
Road Trip!

I'm not saying all guys in new stangs are jerks so please don't take it that way, just sharing some experiences I have had.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

That's not fair.

I don't think he's referring to you. Haha. Although I have noticed that as well Ryan, but as stated, I'm not judging EVERYONE by my only experience, but it kinda pissed me off.

I walked into a locally owned Motorcycle Shop where the owner just bought a 2013 GT500. Me, being the Mustang geek I am, stopped by, walked in, and simply said,"Hey man! That's a sweet car out front! I have a '01 Cobra and saw yours and wanted to stop by, I haven't got to see a new one. Would you mind showing it to me?" (Maybe just look at the interior..) The dude literally chuckled, turned around and walked to the back. Wtf.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
That's like saying all the Shelby owners or cobra owners talk smack and look down on everyone else, when in fact all the Shelby owners and cobra owners on here are really nice, I own a 2003 v6 and I can't count the times a cobra, Shelby or GT owner helped me out with one of my questions.
The point is... There will always be that one ******* on the group that will make the rest seem like that.
There are some really nice people on here I have talked to, a lot of people on here have helped me out and have been real nice. And some that are just real jerks but I'm not only talking about here.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not saying all guys in new stangs are jerks so please don't take it that way, just sharing some experiences I have had.
I totally understand what you are talking about though, ran into a guy at Walmart, I heard him turn the car over and just heard the rumble of a stang from across the Parkin lot, I was with a buddy of mine and I found where he was and he was parked with the window down, white stage 3 roush beautiful car, and tried talking to him and kinda shunned me off.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 I mean, that's what we're all here for.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid

+1 I mean, that's what we're all here for.
Btw, I love your cobra. I've always been a fan of yellow.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:

I don't think he's referring to you. Haha. Although I have noticed that as well Ryan, but as stated, I'm not judging EVERYONE by my only experience, but it kinda pissed me off.

I walked into a locally owned Motorcycle Shop where the owner just bought a 2013 GT500. Me, being the Mustang geek I am, stopped by, walked in, and simply said,"Hey man! That's a sweet car out front! I have a '01 Cobra and saw yours and wanted to stop by, I haven't got to see a new one. Would you mind showing it to me?" (Maybe just look at the interior..) The dude literally chuckled, turned around and walked to the back. Wtf.
Lol that's what I'm talking about! I have had a couple of guys do that to me, all which owning newer stangs it's like we are trash to them. They just turn and act like they didnt hear me or are really short with "yes" or "no" answers.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote:

I totally understand what you are talking about though, ran into a guy at Walmart, I heard him turn the car over and just heard the rumble of a stang from across the Parkin lot, I was with a buddy of mine and I found where he was and he was parked with the window down, white stage 3 roush beautiful car, and tried talking to him and kinda shunned me off.
I'm guessing it was a new stage 3?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Btw, I love your cobra. I've always been a fan of yellow.
Thanks man!! I appreciate it!! I love your Stang too!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol that's what I'm talking about! I have had a couple of guys do that to me, all which owning newer stangs it's like we are trash to them. They just turn and act like they didnt hear me or are really short with "yes" or "no" answers.
I notice a lot of the guys who have upgraded from body style to body style have a respect for each group. But then again I see a lot who just owning their first stang as a 5.0 and nice as can be.
I know if I got a cobra or Shelby or 5.0 I'd be all excited and happy and probably come off as cocky etc, but you eventually get over it I would assume? Unless ur demeanor is just cocky

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I'm guessing it was a new stage 3?
Yea band new.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I notice a lot of the guys who have upgraded from body style to body style have a respect for each group. But then again I see a lot who just owning their first stang as a 5.0 and nice as can be.
I know if I got a cobra or Shelby or 5.0 I'd be all excited and happy and probably come off as cocky etc, but you eventually get over it I would assume? Unless ur demeanor is just cocky
I'm only 18 years old. I started off with a 1998 GT. (Which was awesome for a 16 year old.) And now I've been blessed with this '01 Cobra.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
All I gotta say is that my stang is the best. Its better than any new 5.0 old 5.0 what ever. Mines the best and you all suck.
Now that we have that out of the way what were we talking about? ;>
You guys/gals better know im just being a smart a** and just kidding, yes I have met morons in new and old stangs. Young and old short and tall. I guess its the way we were raised. Maybe most new 5.0 guys have always been this way and now a sweet ride makes them "think" there better than the rest of us. But then again anybody in any car can think there better than everybody else. Just like me wink wink.
Its weird but ill get shy when people start talking about my babes, kinda like a feeling as if I say something they think im showing off, im weird like that.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks man!! I appreciate it!! I love your Stang too!
My favorite front bumper is that year cobra... With a cowl hood it looks amazing lemme find a pic

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT