Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Supercharger

I got an 04 gt thinkin bout going with wipple charger like the cobras. Less money and work cause u dont need intercoolers and all. Any ideas
R6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Does Whipple have a kit for the GT? From what I've seen they don't.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea they do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
To get the whipple to work on an 04 you have to get the conversion kit from Tork teck , it comes with all the adapter hardware to mount the whipple. Between the supercharger and kit the cost is almost the same as doing a kenne bell, save a fewore dollars and go the KB route
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

With the kb u have to mount the intercooler and almost take ur motor out tho if im not mistaken. The wipple is basically the same as the cobras and it is tbe same motor I believe
Old 08-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Supercharger

Im saving up for the ford supercharger kit..The 550 hp kit...7900 dollars,,but evrybody says my stock block wont handle it,,so i may have to go from the bottom up first,,mines a 06 model
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6man
With the kb u have to mount the intercooler and almost take ur motor out tho if im not mistaken. The wipple is basically the same as the cobras and it is tbe same motor I believe
You can run the KB without the inter cooler but it's not wise to run any supercharger without a inter cooler , the install is no different than the instal for the whipple , the gt and cobra have different motors the gt is a 2 valve the cobra is a 4 valve
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
Im saving up for the ford supercharger kit..The 550 hp kit...7900 dollars,,but evrybody says my stock block wont handle it,,so i may have to go from the bottom up first,,mines a 06 model
If you run low boost you wouldn't need to build the bottom end but it'sa VERY good idea to build from the bottom up
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
If you run low boost you wouldn't need to build the bottom end but it'sa VERY good idea to build from the bottom up
Its a 11 boost kit
Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its a 11 boost kit
You can run bigger pulley to knock down the psi. But I don't really know much about the 3V engines so idk how much boost they can handle on the stock block.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
You can run bigger pulley to knock down the psi. But I don't really know much about the 3V engines so idk how much boost they can handle on the stock block.
Theres alot of controversy on that,,theres alot of people that do it ,,and acually run it down the strip all the time,,then there are people that blow it up pretty quickly,,Mines a daily driver,,i may take it down the track to see what shell do,,but thats it..Im more worriede about my little 400 hp auto transmission..lol..But i found a upgrade kit that im looking to put in..
Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Theres alot of controversy on that,,theres alot of people that do it ,,and acually run it down the strip all the time,,then there are people that blow it up pretty quickly,,Mines a daily driver,,i may take it down the track to see what shell do,,but thats it..Im more worriede about my little 400 hp auto transmission..lol..But i found a upgrade kit that im looking to put in..
How much boost you can run is dependent really on the tune , I'm running 10 lbs on a stock bottom end with no worries at all. If your tune is spot on then no worries, that being said I don't know to much about the 3v but I think it would work the same
Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Ive heard no more than 12 boost on stock bottom end. I was lookin to run like 8, should give bout 100 hp. I wanna be able to break loose and walk it. Also looking to swap my magna flow exhaust for h pipe and 40 series flows any ideas bout that
Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6man
Ive heard no more than 12 boost on stock bottom end. I was lookin to run like 8, should give bout 100 hp. I wanna be able to break loose and walk it. Also looking to swap my magna flow exhaust for h pipe and 40 series flows any ideas bout that
The amount of boost is really dependent on the tune , my buddy has a vortech v 2 pushing 13 lbs of boost with stage 2 comp cams , he's at 436 rwhp and has 100k on the stock bottom end and no issues the tune is the key!!! As far as the exhaust I run bbk LT's , h pipe , and flow master americian thunder cat back I love the sound of this set up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT