I Guess I Got In Trouble - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I Guess I Got In Trouble

I got in trouble this weekend by the "wifes" outlook this weekend. I got the silent treatment and didn't know why until today. I'm supposedly spending too much time with the Mustang and need to spend more time with her and my daughter. Have any of you ran into this?
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
I got in trouble this weekend by the "wifes" outlook this weekend. I got the silent treatment and didn't know why until today. I'm supposedly spending too much time with the Mustang and need to spend more time with her and my daughter. Have any of you ran into this?
Wife told me last night I'm way to obsessed with all this. I've told her it was going to be my hobby. I guess I need to balance it out better.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular

For me it's usually "hangin out with your girlfriend?" or "I need to get an online forum for wives of men with mustangs".
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I Guess I Got In Trouble

gotta put time aside for hobbies and discuss what is acceptable from both point of views, what you feel is perfectly fair (may be fair may not be doesnt matter) is not always what both parties feel is fair. This is of course trying to be rational.... sometimes that alone is reason enough why no matte what you do it wont work well lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not gonna deny that I spend a good amount of time on my car but that's my interest. I just wanted to spend time outside and clean/detail my car. Heck even my daughter love my car she's not even 2 yrs old yet. We went to my nephews football game on Sat and she cried that we weren't riding in the the mustang. So we had to switch cars. I think my wife was just having a moment of feeling neglected.....oops!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3156641930.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	64683

My daughter and I cleaning the Stang together oh and my dog
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Looks like the dog wants a piece of you too.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I think in my wife's case, she prolly wonders why I don't doddle over her like I do with my car.

I usually juggle the car-family thing pretty evenly cause I know I won't win any battles. At least she has never mentioned that we should get rid of the car.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
I'm not gonna deny that I spend a good amount of time on my car but that's my interest. I just wanted to spend time outside and clean/detail my car. Heck even my daughter love my car she's not even 2 yrs old yet. We went to my nephews football game on Sat and she cried that we weren't riding in the the mustang. So we had to switch cars. I think my wife was just having a moment of feeling neglected.....oops!

Attachment 64683

That's funny. Saturday, we were leaving and my daughter (20 months old) cried we didn't take mustang to my sons football game. She has TV in blazer and still rather ride in the stang. What a coincidence lol.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis96gt

That's funny. Saturday, we were leaving and my daughter (20 months old) cried we didn't take mustang to my sons football game. She has TV in blazer and still rather ride in the stang. What a coincidence lol.
Same here we have DVD players in the Cherokee but the mustang seemed better.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Same here we have DVD players in the Cherokee but the mustang seemed better.
Kids these days!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Pick an activity that she likes a surprise her with it. Just say,"Hey,I got us tickets for blah blah blah because I thought you would enjoy it and i already set up a sitter" or tell her to take a day for herself and go do something on her own. This way you can stay at home and clean up the car with the kid and maybe have dinner ready for her when she gets home.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #12

Region: New Mexico
Funny thing is I'm a girl with a fox body n my boyfriend always says I love my car more than him n will even put this scenario, if him n my car are in the garage n the garage is on fire he assures I would save the car not him. Not only wives/girlfriends get mad boyfriends too lol
yvega05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvega05
Funny thing is I'm a girl with a fox body n my boyfriend always says I love my car more than him n will even put this scenario, if him n my car are in the garage n the garage is on fire he assures I would save the car not him. Not only wives/girlfriends get mad boyfriends too lol
wow lol thats nuts. alot of guys would kill to have a wife that owns a stang and loves it

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Well, the car can't walk itself out like a dude can. Lol.

Every time I go outside my daughter says, going to work on the mustang? I'm like, no. I'm going to work. She says, but you wanna work on the mustang huh? Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Silly women! Haha Hopefully my guy will start working on his ford LTD II again so I won't get into trouble when I want to start buying more stuff for the mustang hahaha
Old 09-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm 16 and my friends make fun of how clean I keep my car, they say I care too much, but she's my baby so she is well taken care of
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Cool picture!
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, your dog is looking you and thinking, " why is cleaning it, I'm just going to pee on it later" lol

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936
Yeah I'm 16 and my friends make fun of how clean I keep my car, they say I care too much, but she's my baby so she is well taken care of
Im the same way....
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

i hear it all the time. whether its the mustang, which is my newest toy, the 4 wheelers, the truck or the guns. i need to be cut in half so i can divide my time with everyone and everything
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

My two daughters would rather drop the top and take daddy's beast car as they call it. My wife complains nonstop about it even if I spend time with her.
2000steeda029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936
I hear ya there. Im 19 and have done the same thing lol. Wash at least once a week and I live in muddy/dusty southern Illinois so it's a must. But of course they don't complain when we are rolling around in my CLEAN stang and they are getting attention from girls lol. Smh
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT

I hear ya there. Im 19 and have done the same thing lol. Wash at least once a week and I live in muddy/dusty southern Illinois so it's a must. But of course they don't complain when we are rolling around in my CLEAN stang and they are getting attention from girls lol. Smh
Haha same here. I'm from southern Illinois and all my friends are the same way. They don't understand why I always clean it but if we're going somewhere they always wanna take it. Lol
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yeah I've gotten the silent treatment by my wife about my stang to but I didn't know cuz she didn't tell me.
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I had a boyfriend the same way. HAD being the key word. lol
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06REDF1RE

Haha same here. I'm from southern Illinois and all my friends are the same way. They don't understand why I always clean it but if we're going somewhere they always wanna take it. Lol
Must be a southern ill. Kinda thing lol
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

I had a boyfriend the same way. HAD being the key word. lol
Lol well he's missing out haha
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

Lol well he's missing out haha
yeah he's realized haha
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I have recently gotten into a relationship and I am just testing the waters to see what I can get away with to avoid that situation all together. Which right now that includes me working on the car and cleaning it while she is at work. We have washed her car when she came over this last time. On a side note she already knows how I feel about the car and it's a relief to see that she enjoys driving it. I have photos to prove it

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
Yep! It usually ends in "DIVORCE" You get the Mustang and the dog and she gets the house and the kids
Old 09-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Beautiful! Awesome! Cool pic man. This is why I love this forum.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I think in my wife's case, she prolly wonders why I don't doddle over her like I do with my car.

I usually juggle the car-family thing pretty evenly cause I know I won't win any battles. At least she has never mentioned that we should get rid of the car.
Glad for you. Did battle with mine before she left. I kept the Stang. Thank God!

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

wow lol thats nuts. alot of guys would kill to have a wife that owns a stang and loves it
Am rolling! Lol!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000steeda029
My two daughters would rather drop the top and take daddy's beast car as they call it. My wife complains nonstop about it even if I spend time with her.
Weather the storm! Teach her to drive it, maybe. I guess. Lol

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Its not a strange thing when our partners don't realize that it is a human trait for men to do macho things. If she would support the cause many male blessing would be hers.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Beautiful! Awesome! Cool pic man. This is why I love this forum.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Glad for you. Did battle with mine before she left. I kept the Stang. Thank God!

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Am rolling! Lol!

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Weather the storm! Teach her to drive it, maybe. I guess. Lol

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Its not a strange thing when our partners don't realize that it is a human trait for men to do macho things. If she would support the cause many male blessing would be hers.
My wife drives it well, she use to own a 350z and we had to get rid of it 2 seats isn't practical with 2 kids. I must confess a mustang wasn't my first choice either, it fell in my lap at an awesome price.
2000steeda029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 on that lol
S197STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197STANG

+1 on that lol
If you teach your girl the wonders of why you guys doodle over your cars she'd probably join in. I had the luck of my brothers getting me into mustangs and its performance, they're proud of their sister now haha
Old 09-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you teach your girl the wonders of why you guys doodle over your cars she'd probably join in. I had the luck of my brothers getting me into mustangs and its performance, they're proud of their sister now haha
lol thats awesome. im getting my wife more and more into it. around feb. i will be buying my brothers 02 gt and im gona let my wife keep my 01. as long as she takes care of it if not shes getting a prius lol

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #35

Quote:

lol thats awesome. im getting my wife more and more into it. around feb. i will be buying my brothers 02 gt and im gona let my wife keep my 01. as long as she takes care of it if not shes getting a prius lol
A prius....from my point of view that's a punishment lol so hopefully she takes care of the 01 lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT