New springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
New springs

M going with eibach sport line springs but i know you need to change the isolators with it as well but I was thinking about tapeing the top and bottom of them... Should I get the new isos with it or tape? I want the lowest possible drop and some people say it's fine to tape! Need everyone's input please!!! Thanks
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cantlin01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
Try the heater hose mod
Cantlin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantlin01
Try the heater hose mod
What's that? Sorry I never heard of it lol
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cantlin01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

What's that? Sorry I never heard of it lol
Lol it's when you use a rubber heater hose instead of iso's. My buddy did it and it dropped it like And extra half inch to and inch
Cantlin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantlin01

Lol it's when you use a rubber heater hose instead of iso's. My buddy did it and it dropped it like And extra half inch to and inch
That's not bad I might try it, what's better tape or that? Lol
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cantlin01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

That's not bad I might try it, what's better tape or that? Lol
Idk about the tape only experience with the hose
Cantlin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: New springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11 View Post
That's not bad I might try it, what's better tape or that? Lol
I say the heater hose but im not sure if you can wrap the top of the spring unless you split the hose......I might try that once I put my headers on my cobra and I used the ISO's and it dropped it a inch. On my GT I used the springs you are about to use and I just used my stock stuff, so if it looks good just use it. Those springs and the stock ISO's dropped my car 2 inches and thats plenty low for me but i had no other choice with the headers.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

I say the heater hose but im not sure if you can wrap the top of the spring unless you split the hose......I might try that once I put my headers on my cobra and I used the ISO's and it dropped it a inch. On my GT I used the springs you are about to use and I just used my stock stuff, so if it looks good just use it. Those springs and the stock ISO's dropped my car 2 inches and thats plenty low for me but i had no other choice with the headers.
Yeah I might use the heater hose but did you use your stock isos?

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And also I want 305 radials in the back but idk if it will rub or not
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I have the polyurethane isos with H&R race springs and I'm very happy with them. They really aren't that thick, but if you want to be as low as possible, i have heard people who use electrical tape have no issues.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075
I have the polyurethane isos with H&R race springs and I'm very happy with them. They really aren't that thick, but if you want to be as low as possible, i have heard people who use electrical tape have no issues.
Yeah that's what I heard too lol I just don't want the tape to wear out late in the line and have the springs running on the control arm or a arm
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: New springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11 View Post
Yeah I might use the heater hose but did you use your stock isos?

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

And also I want 305 radials in the back but idk if it will rub or not
On my Cobra i didnt because they were worn pretty bad. But on my Gt i just used the stock isos and no issues. If you are using these springs i doubt you will have issues with 305's but if you go lower the 2 inches i would just use caution when going over bumps and dips. 2 inches made a difference with mine and im happy, i def wont go lower then that though because of the LT headers
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

On my Cobra i didnt because they were worn pretty bad. But on my Gt i just used the stock isos and no issues. If you are using these springs i doubt you will have issues with 305's but if you go lower the 2 inches i would just use caution when going over bumps and dips. 2 inches made a difference with mine and im happy, i def wont go lower then that though because of the LT headers
Yeah idk if my Isos are worn out or not so we shall see when I take them off and I only want to go about 2 inches anyways, I'm not trying to slam my mustang just lower it and have a good stance and get rid of that 4x4 look lol
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

Yeah idk if my Isos are worn out or not so we shall see when I take them off and I only want to go about 2 inches anyways, I'm not trying to slam my mustang just lower it and have a good stance and get rid of that 4x4 look lol
I hear ya, with those springs alone and the stock isos I think u will be happy, if you can use your stock stuff
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00

I hear ya, with those springs alone and the stock isos I think u will be happy, if you can use your stock stuff
I hope so man! I can't wait to order them! Now would I need a spring compressor?
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: New springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11 View Post
I hope so man! I can't wait to order them! Now would I need a spring compressor?
I hear ya, and yes I would go rent one from autozone cuz it will help cuz you will get your money back once you bring it back. If you decide you are going to use the tape then no you might not need one. But I look at it like this, I rather have it there with you at the time of doing the job instead of having to stop and go get one.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
No iso's or tape here with no issues. Rolled fenders front and rear.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: New springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
No iso's or tape here with no issues. Rolled fenders front and rear.
yeah im thinking about taken them off the Cobra to drop it another inch or half inch.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
Yeah idk what I'm going to do probably just going to use the stock Isos since my car only has 59k so they shouldn't be that bad at all. I think my friend has a spring compressor I could borrow so I should be fine! I got another question, I have 245/40/17 in the front and 275/45/18 in the back but how the f do you know what tire size it is? Lol sounds dumb I know but if they is any other wheel gap I want to get ride of it to make it flush
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
TopgearGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: California
Posts: 177
Re: New springs

How many miles before you should think about changing isos? mine has 90,000 and im thinkin of doing the same thing and does the heater hose just slip on the end of the spring?
__________________
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/25023-albums2837-17413.jpg
CSVT and 02 GT!
TopgearGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearGT
How many miles before you should think about changing isos? mine has 90,000 and im thinkin of doing the same thing and does the heater hose just slip on the end of the spring?
Mine were shot when I upgraded to H&R springs with only 12,000 miles in the car. I'm guessing age plays a big role in the longevity of the stock rubber isolators, not just mileage.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
I will most likely use my stock isos but if they are shot then I will use the heater hose, it seems to be okay to use so why not get that maximum drop?
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:02 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.