Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Lowering springs questions

971 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SloMoGT 
#1 ·
Just bought the SR performance springs from AM and I'm going to put them On my 2000 gt. first with a drop of only 1 inch I was told I won need cc plates. But my shocks and struts are stock with 175000 miles on the car. The ride is still good and it never bottoms out do I need to replace them when I change the springs or will I be ok without? Second I can't afford the expensive shocks so if I need to replace them will the cheap ones from autozone work fine with the drop? Thanks for all the info

#2 ·
With that many miles on the struts and shocks they might finally give out with the added stress. With performance springs you want performance struts and shocks that are the same durability. American Muscle is having a sale on Tokico HP struts and shocks. I got my whole set for like $260 ( that was with a red tag sale of 10% ) Suspension is something you don't want to skimp out on. It will effect the way you enjoy your car if you end up hating the ride harshness or any other thing that might change like excessive rattling. Make sure you do research on progressive and constant springs (even though you already got them) and heavy duty struts/shocks vs regular performance and adjustable.

#3 ·
I just did my suspension 2 days ago and bought Tokico HP shocks and struts along with pro kit springs for my gt vert and drives like a champ ! I deff recommend you also change the ball joints if you haven't done so. I'm in the process of ordering steeda x2 ball joints and bump steer kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.