not a solid ride - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
not a solid ride

At fairly low speeds, the car does not ride solid. As if it sways some. There is a sway bar there, but something is not quite right. Maybe bushings are done. Whatever the case, I can tell its an older car, but not a sports car. It seems the ride should be a lot firmer. Not the ride that I would get from upgrading the suspension-which is next, but as if something is loose, broken or worn. I think i will drop it at a tire shop like Firestone, Big 10 or something similar to get a professional opinion-hopefully! I ultimately value the advise of a mustang driver vs someone that is going to try and sell me something that I do not need.
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
How old are your shocks and struts they could be done....I changed mine about 3 months ago along with Ford Racing "C" spring and was a big difference in ride and sway. Also went ahead and change the sway bar links and that probably helped.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Re: not a solid ride

i took the car to gateway tires to try and find out what all was wrong with the car. the tech took me to the back and showed me where the tie rod end were loose and the rotors were done. he only recommend lowering springs and a set of really nice wheels beyond what was really wrong-which they are in the plan anyway. he spoke as if he built mustangs. so i asked and learned that he builds and races mustang. he drove his 87 fox and told me i runs 10.8s in the quarter. anyway, he says he can help me with anything i need for the roush... i hope so!
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT