Not another one lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Not another one lol

So I got called out by a 500+hp turbo s2000 guy didn't know I had sold my turbo 2v and started talking s#!+ that he would have smoked me. I asked my friend to find me a cheap 2v new edge please lol and will start to do the drivetrain and suspension first.

It is a 2001 gt auto with 78k and has a busted trans thats why he got it for 4.5k they said it had been sitting in a ladys backyard for 2 years with a car cover so the paint ia ok. The car is driveable but wont get out of 1st gear :/ now I have to wait a week to go back to california to put some work on the gt because it has a date in Feb.

Will post a pic as soon a he send me a day pic since he got the car last night.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Not another one lol

So your gonna get your 2v GT to beat that s2000! keep us posted!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Damn dude my buddy has his 00 GT for sale for 5k. Needs a motor. 50k miles on it. It is procharged with all the supporting mods. The only thing it needs is a built bottom end. The stock bottom end couldn't handle 426hp @ 15psi. Car is straight too.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel
Damn dude my buddy has his 00 GT for sale for 5k. Needs a motor. 50k miles on it. It is procharged with all the supporting mods. The only thing it needs is a built bottom end. The stock bottom end couldn't handle 426hp @ 15psi. Car is straight too.
Wow that sounds like I good deal as long as you got some time and know how! Where are you located!?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302
So I got called out by a 500+hp turbo s2000 guy didn't know I had sold my turbo 2v and started talking s#!+ that he would have smoked me. I asked my friend to find me a cheap 2v new edge please lol and will start to do the drivetrain and suspension first.

It is a 2001 gt auto with 78k and has a busted trans thats why he got it for 4.5k they said it had been sitting in a ladys backyard for 2 years with a car cover so the paint ia ok. The car is driveable but wont get out of 1st gear :/ now I have to wait a week to go back to california to put some work on the gt because it has a date in Feb.

If he is really pushing 500 Hp you wont beat him unless you put 10-20 Thousand dollars in your GT
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel
My friend already got the car. Were are you from ill tell him if he wants it.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V

If he is really pushing 500 Hp you wont beat him unless you put 10-20 Thousand dollars in your GT
My last 2v was pushing mid 800s and I also had a 150shot to spool and cool that one would have raped it but I sold it built it for less than 20k but I had lots of parts already. I get the on3 turbo kit and buy a good turbo/bov/waste gate. As for the block just a cobra crank, manley rods and pistons. but im going to get a atf built trans witch and that alone cost around 4k.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 08-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

My friend already got the car. Were are you from ill tell him if he wants it.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

My last 2v was pushing mid 800s and I also had a 150shot to spool and cool that one would have raped it but I sold it built it for less than 20k but I had lots of parts already. I get the on3 turbo kit and buy a good turbo/bov/waste gate. As for the block just a cobra crank, manley rods and pistons. but im going to get a atf built trans witch and that alone cost around 4k.

I know I believe it im helping a 04 cobra TT build.. Full MMR Block good to 2000hp.. Alm. Heads.. 62mm .. Meth inj.. Soild axle.. 31 spline.. Etc..
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post

You might want to play this for him, right before you run.

Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

You might want to play this for him, right before you run.

<a href="

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V

I know I believe it im helping a 04 cobra TT build.. Full MMR Block good to 2000hp.. Alm. Heads.. 62mm .. Meth inj.. Soild axle.. 31 spline.. Etc..
Im doing the same with a friend just he's doing a single gt4788r, cams, sra, e85, and nitrous with its own fuel tank with c16. But his block was built by us with his stock block, nitraded stock crank, manley rods and pistons shooting for 1200whp with the juice.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Take him to the track when you are ready and post a vid so we can see the whuppin'.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearGT

Wow that sounds like I good deal as long as you got some time and know how! Where are you located!?
Eastern PA. A short drive from Cali haha.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

He wants a roll he is affraid of the gt500 at the strip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120826_174538.png
Views:	91
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	65736  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT