DDM hid lights - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post

Mine from DDM 5k 55w heads and 5k 35w Fogs
Sick! I like the color of your car
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #37

Region: Canada
Do you have factory housing in both ? Will aftermarket's housing will burn? I order 6000K 55W for both , but i nead to replace headlight housing and I have aftermarket black tinted fog lights.
Hellvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #38

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
Attachment 79732

Mine from DDM 5k 55w heads and 5k 35w Fogs
Is it after markets housings ?? I order 6000K 55W for both HID sets and start to wonder about meltings both housings ( both after markets housing) I think changings 55w to 35w for fogs light...
Hellvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hellvis...keep in mind that HID's that are not in projector lenses will blind oncoming traffic (not to mention illegal; in the U.S. at least). I would say invest in LED's or whiter halogens and keep the stock housings or buy projector lenses and go HID.
If you do put HID's in the stock housings, expect lots of hate, because HID's straight to the eyes freaking suck...I'll be the one with my finger out the window yelling "ricer"
Scotty brings up a good argument here and I will honestly expect him (along with other smart, experienced members) to pitch in within a couple of days... if he sees this really old thread
I don't know the best LED/Halogen bulbs are the best so hopefully someone could help because I've been meaning to make the switch, I just haven't been able to do the research...and my girl deserves better things to invest in until one of my bulbs blow.
04beautyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #40

Region: Tennessee
DDM trouble

hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I saw this thread and decided to give DDM a try when they arrived i was so excited I decided to plug them up however after install, neither of the lights worked... i was mad so after a little trouble shooting i found out the hid kit works if i plug the factory halogen bulb up into one side, on either side but when both hids are installed neither work... any tips?
jhrrson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
DDM is Chinese crap and the bulbs are not laser aligned nor are they quartz glass NOR is there any sort of quality control on them. Not to mention you are now going to be blinding any and all incoming traffic IF you can get them to work.

My tip is to throw them out and get a real bright halogen to put in your stock housing. It will be brighter and give you better visibility than one of these "kits" will and that is a fact.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #42

Region: Tennessee
DDM

Well thanks for the opinion, but seeing as i paid $104 dollars for the kit with the dual relay I'd like to see them run,just wondering if any of these guys up here have any experience with this issue.
jhrrson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #43
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That's not an opinion...... DDM is Chinese crap. And a GOOD halogen bulb will be brighter and not blind everyone else on the road.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrrson3 View Post
Well thanks for the opinion, but seeing as i paid $104 dollars for the kit with the dual relay I'd like to see them run,just wondering if any of these guys up here have any experience with this issue.
Its not an opinion, you cannot properly aim HIDs in a reflector housing, even aimed 45 degrees down at the road it'll still glare at oncoming traffic and is a legit dangerous safety concern.

And as far as it not working... well you did buy DDM, you would not be the first person to buy their cheaply made stuff and then try to get a refund and see it never materialize. Lots of stories about their stuff failing right out of the box.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT