Turbo blue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Turbo blue

Does any body know about running turbo blue is stock 4.6 will it hurt it
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Turbo blue

I'm assuming Blue is the name of your car? not bashing you at all when I say this but separating sentences will lead to a more hasty reply.

As for your question the stock 4.6 bottom end by rule of thumb is good up to about 400rwhp(although the cast crank should be good up to a little over 600rwhp, the cast rods are the weak part). Some run much more without many problems, some run less without problems. Just depends on how many times you want to roll the dice.

However, a turbo if tuned correctly and kept up with is typically safer than a supercharged system due to the fact you can stay out of boost if you drive carefully. However when boost builds it is a lot rougher on the engine because of the sudden power surge on the components.. If you keep the boost low, however, you should be ok.

If you're like me, however, you'd want to not cut corners and do it right so you'd want to get a forged rotating assembly before putting FI on.

Just some facts and opinions I've gathered over the years..

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
I'm assuming Blue is the name of your car? not bashing you at all when I say this but separating sentences will lead to a more hasty reply.

As for your question the stock 4.6 bottom end by rule of thumb is good up to about 400rwhp(although the cast crank should be good up to a little over 600rwhp, the cast rods are the weak part). Some run much more without many problems, some run less without problems. Just depends on how many times you want to roll the dice.

However, a turbo if tuned correctly and kept up with is typically safer than a supercharged system due to the fact you can stay out of boost if you drive carefully. However when boost builds it is a lot rougher on the engine because of the sudden power surge on the components.. If you keep the boost low, however, you should be ok.

If you're like me, however, you'd want to not cut corners and do it right so you'd want to get a forged rotating assembly before putting FI on.

Just some facts and opinions I've gathered over the years..
No not a turbo it's a high
octane fuel

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade

No not a turbo it's a high
octane fuel
Will running turbo blue racing fuel in stock 4.6 hurt it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
It's really bad on the injectors, fuel pump and filter, and it will burn the o2's up... Some ppl say that it will melt the inside of the cats if you have them
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428
It's really bad on the injectors, fuel pump and filter, and it will burn the o2's up... Some ppl say that it will melt the inside of the cats if you have them
Thank you was thinking of running it but not now lol
Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
+1 I heard all these same things.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It's loaded with lead and burns hot, I wish we could run it just cause I love the smell of it! Favorite part about goin to dragstips is cause almost all the old school carb guys run it and it fills the air lol
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #8

Quote:
It's loaded with lead and burns hot, I wish we could run it just cause I love the smell of it! Favorite part about goin to dragstips is cause almost all the old school carb guys run it and it fills the air lol
That's y I wanted to run it lol love the smell a guy told me that if I leaned it out that it would fine maybe like 4 gallons per hole tank of gas but I don't know
Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

You might be able to do a mix and be okay, just go real light like maybe a gallon of turbo to a full tank of gas.... I definatly wouldn't dump to much in it though
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Racing fuel definatly burns colder feel a carb on a car with 93 octane pump gas in it and then feel one with racing fuel and then tell me which burns hotter lol, also i mix my fuel at the track ill usually leave about a quarter of a tank of 93 pump gas in my car and mix it with about 3 gallons of raceing fuel and my car runs fine! O2 sensors and every thing still working like normal!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

But if you do mix to much it will burn the 02s out and mess your cats up id u run them
03whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #11

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade
Does any body know about running turbo blue is stock 4.6 will it hurt it
Well I just got a 2000 v6 Mustang know where I can get a good deal on parts

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

I just got a 2000 v6 Mustang know where I can get good parts it's in good condition I just got to get interior parts
Shawndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndia

Well I just got a 2000 v6 Mustang know where I can get a good deal on parts

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

I just got a 2000 v6 Mustang know where I can get good parts it's in good condition I just got to get interior parts
www.americanmuscle.com

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo blue does smell good
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT