Cd stuck in mach 460 radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Cd stuck in mach 460 radio

Today my brand new cd got jammed and it won't come out. I ejected all the other CDs and they all came out except for the one I want. & now it shows that there is no CDs inside the radio when clearly mine is still stuck in there. I tryed just about everything.! Help!
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,882
I've heard that you can unhook the battery for 30 minutes and the Mach 460 head unit will reset itself and you can eject the cd. Won't hurt nothing to give it a try. This will also make the ECU re-learn idle and fuel trim. After you reconnect the battery and try to get your cd out do the following to complete the idle re-learn.

Start the car and let it get to normal temperature.
Let it idle for at least one minute
Switch on the A/C to Max and Idle for at least a minute
Turn off the A/C and go drive normally for at least 10 miles

I hope that gets your cd free!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,291
Re: Cd stuck in mach 460 radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I've heard that you can unhook the battery for 30 minutes and the Mach 460 head unit will reset itself and you can eject the cd. Won't hurt nothing to give it a try. This will also make the ECU re-learn idle and fuel trim. After you reconnect the battery and try to get your cd out do the following to complete the idle re-learn.

Start the car and let it get to normal temperature.
Let it idle for at least one minute
Switch on the A/C to Max and Idle for at least a minute
Turn off the A/C and go drive normally for at least 10 miles

I hope that gets your cd free!
And if this doesnt work, a hammer and a screw driver MANE....lol...and a new cd player lol.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
I will tell you what works for me cause mine is intermittent and likes to do this.... You have to be careful. Get a blank cd and hit eject, when the door opens slide the blank cd in ON TOP of your cd and yank real quick it might take you a few try's to get it right but works for me every time!!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT
I will tell you what works for me cause mine is intermittent and likes to do this.... You have to be careful. Get a blank cd and hit eject, when the door opens slide the blank cd in ON TOP of your cd and yank real quick it might take you a few try's to get it right but works for me every time!!
But I can't see the cd that's already in there. Would it be on the top or bottom
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

But I can't see the cd that's already in there. Would it be on the top or bottom
Slide the cd in towards the top... U will get the hang of it once u do it a few times! Once the radio starts to eject the cd it's the only cd in the slot
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.