Jasper motors??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Jasper motors???

Hey everyone just trying to weigh out my options for my motor in my stanford of course I want a 03/04 block with forged bottom but that's not realistic

So I was wondering if anyone has had any past experiences with Jaspers and their motor or if you have any other suggestions that would be appreciated thanks
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Re: Jasper motors???

My last engine was from Jasper @ 3000 miles it started blowing oil out my exhaust so bad it was running down onto the ground. I took it back to the garage that installed it they sent pictures to Jasper of it smoking and all the oil on the bumper. Jasper sent a new engine free of charge and covered the labor charges as well. I had no problems with the replacement engine. They took the long block back and later told the shop that when they took the old engine apart and found that the cylinders were not honed properly.

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
The mechanic our family went to for like 35 years swore by the engines. I've never had an engine from them, but know two people and both are fully satisfied. Funny you started this thread. I was looking at their transmission information on their website today. I was wondering if they had the Tremec TR3650. I also looked at performance 302's just for fun. I didn't see the 4.6L mod engine.
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang97
My last engine was from Jasper @ 3000 miles it started blowing oil out my exhaust so bad it was running down onto the ground. I took it back to the garage that installed it they sent pictures to Jasper of it smoking and all the oil on the bumper. Jasper sent a new engine free of charge and covered the labor charges as well. I had no problems with the replacement engine. They took the long block back and later told the shop that when they took the old engine apart and found that the cylinders were not honed properly.
Do you mind me asking how much everything cost because I'm assuming it's cheaper than doing all the forged stuff I'm only looking to do cams and maybe at most blow it but not more the 6 psi at max I want 400 hp it will always be my dd
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Re: Jasper motors???

I found a good shop with a great labor rate I think it was around 3900 - 4200 for everything It was a couple of years ago. I just ordered a short block with forged internals for 3800, and a set of heads for 2300. So the jasper engine is a much more inexpensive way to go. Do you want 400 at the tire? I had full bolt ons a V3 @ 10 psi a boost a pump stage 2 cams and a stage 2 meth kit and I got 404 rwhp. Be careful when choosing cams I got mine from American Muscle with a set of springs and I still had clearance issues. Thats why I got my new engine. I have a Jasper engine with under 10K that needs the pistons cut and new valves

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's not a bad price for everything yea I'm just looking for full bolt ons and a s/c running low boost so I prob will be well under the 400 hp mark then but that's fine

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT