Mac prochambered= loss in low end power. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mac prochambered= loss in low end power.

So I just installed a MAC pro chambered mid pipe along with a flow master series 40 catback. Wasn't able reuse stock O2 sensors so I'm running without until I order longer ones.
My question is... I feel like I lost some low end power. Is this in my head or is it the mid pipe or even the fact I don't have O2 sensors.
Also the sound of the prochamber.... Sounds like a sewing machine under my seat at high RPM,S. not sure if I'm a fan yet. Love the flow masters tho!
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Mac prochambered= loss in low end power.

i love running my prochamber and have on two stangs...the sewing sound could be a loose connection or it touching something it shouldnt...as for your o2's do you still have them in there? i just tied off the wires and didn't bother connecting them. as for power the power band shifted on both my cars...you should gain some good top end now...here's the same setup you have on my old car

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. I still have them in just tied off. I got ot professionally installed but maybe I should check over their work lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i installed my while laying on the ground and the car on jack stands lol

Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I noticed a slight low end loss, but it pulls hard on top. The prochamber plus LTs made 3000+ rpms a whole new animal
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
Thanks. I still have them in just tied off. I got ot professionally installed but maybe I should check over their work lol.
AM have the extensions for O2 sensors for modifications like yours. Also MIL eliminators incase your service engine light is on.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 360R

AM have the extensions for O2 sensors for modifications like yours. Also MIL eliminators incase your service engine light is on.
Plug-in MIL Eliminators (96-04 All)
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So I called Mac regarding an issues with my prochamber mid pipe. My problem is that I needed 02 extensions, they say I don't needed them and AM says only 2004 need them. I installed to a stock manifold. Is it possible to install the mid pipe wrong?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz View Post
So I called Mac regarding an issues with my prochamber mid pipe. My problem is that I needed 02 extensions, they say I don't needed them and AM says only 2004 need them. I installed to a stock manifold. Is it possible to install the mid pipe wrong?
No, I'm pretty sure the midpipe fits only one way. The MIL ellimiators just tell the ECU that everything is hunky-dory with the rear O2 sensors. Maybe your ECU is trying to compensate somehow because it's not getting the A-okay from the rear O2 sensors..?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Problem is my 02 sensors won't fit to the pro chamber. Thats why I was wondering if it was installed wrong lol
Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana

They make extensions for O2 sensors too, like for applications where someone has long tube headers. I would just pickup some MIL elliminators. I'm pretty sure the O2 sensors plug into the MIL's, then the MIL's plug into the O2 ports on the midpipe.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So I called MAC again and got a different tech guy. What he says is that the 02 sensors come zip tied from the factory and that I should be able to cut the ties to get the added length I need so they can instal without the need for extensions. This sound right?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
So I called MAC again and got a different tech guy. What he says is that the 02 sensors come zip tied from the factory and that I should be able to cut the ties to get the added length I need so they can instal without the need for extensions. This sound right?
There's a good possibility. I did mine with LTs so my situation was a little different. But it wouldn't hurt to check
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Cantlin01 noticed this also but he was able to get the extensions and still didn't help. What we noticed was when he got a tune it fixed it
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt' even hook up my rear o2's...i just used the spark plug non fouler trick to keep the light off, and tied up the cable

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT