Need to lower ET to 10.65 to 10.50 in 1000 foot for class suggestions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
Need to lower ET to 10.65 to 10.50 in 1000 foot for class suggestions?

I have a mustang gt need to lower my 1000 foot ET to 10.50 and was wonder what I should do front shocks, rear shocks, racing springs, usub frame connectors, remove rear bumper support, get skinnies front tires, home made ram air just for track just give any ideas. Just hit me with ideas im not sured what to do. Just need .15 off. Which is like .2 off 1/4.
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: Need to lower ET to 10.65 to 10.50 in 1000 foot for class suggestions?

are you running stock springs? if so cut the front off 1.25 coils..leave the back stock..and add drag bags. also the skinnies would help...if not some tri bar v6 wheels with 215s on them will be much lighter then your current wheels
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stockish302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister
I have a mustang gt need to lower my 1000 foot ET to 10.50 and was wonder what I should do front shocks, rear shocks, racing springs, usub frame connectors, remove rear bumper support, get skinnies front tires, home made ram air just for track just give any ideas. Just hit me with ideas im not sured what to do. Just need .15 off. Which is like .2 off 1/4.
Get some skinnies and some eibach drag launch springs (they come with a airbag) that sould get you to your goal and some drag shocks should be next on the list some strange 10way should be just fine.
__________________
BBK cai, 96 tbird maf housing, BBK 70mm TB, TFS intake manifold, BBK shortys, bassani off road X pipe, Flowmasters with turndowns

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

Get some skinnies and some eibach drag launch springs (they come with a airbag) that sould get you to your goal and some drag shocks should be next on the list some strange 10way should be just fine.
What about those tokico shocks and skinnys would those help also?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Just the front struts
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stockish302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister

What about those tokico shocks and skinnys would those help also?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Just the front struts
I would buy all around the strange shocks and struts cost $400 for all four but the tokico d-specs are also good.
__________________
BBK cai, 96 tbird maf housing, BBK 70mm TB, TFS intake manifold, BBK shortys, bassani off road X pipe, Flowmasters with turndowns

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.