Opinions needed lol - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Opinions needed lol

This is just me being bored and all so don't take anythig seriously. But yeah how would a 2003 2v mustang gt run with a true dual exhaust? Like no X or H just pipe from header to muffler not meeting at all lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Then you would do divorced duals straight pipes
Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Then you would do divorced duals straight pipes
Yeah that's what I meant lol how would that run?? Would it be worth it at all? Or would it hurt performance at all??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Yeah that's what I meant lol how would that run?? Would it be worth it at all? Or would it hurt performance at all??
Honestly idk if it would help or hurt performance but it would be loud as hell
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I think it may hurt it in a way due to lack of backpressure or help it if it forced inducted. Really depends if its twin turbo setup would help single setup wouldnt. Atleast the good thing about true dual is u know what bank has a problem lol. Its all in the setup ur gonna run imo x is better to have with no cats u create some backpressure and would still sound loud. Too little backpressure or none at all would hurt u more robbing power
Old 09-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang
I think it may hurt it in a way due to lack of backpressure or help it if it forced inducted. Really depends if its twin turbo setup would help single setup wouldnt. Atleast the good thing about true dual is u know what bank has a problem lol. Its all in the setup ur gonna run imo x is better to have with no cats u create some backpressure and would still sound loud. Too little backpressure or none at all would hurt u more robbing power
Umm where did you learn this? Back pressure is not good.

To answer the Ops question, you would lose some exhaust flow due to not having that crossover. I'm not sure how much of a power loss that would lead to.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well my buddy is a welder and were going to just try it to see how it goes lol he has spare exhaust pipe and stuff
Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

To my knowledge backpressure is what creates torque. To me torque is a good thing lol its mainly what gets us goin from a dig unlike hondas lol. But hey imo im sure that's how it works on backpressure
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To my knowledge backpressure is what creates torque. To me torque is a good thing lol its mainly what gets us goin from a dig unlike hondas lol. But hey imo im sure that's how it works on backpressure
Backpressure restricts exhaust flow and ruins the efficiency of the engine. Imagine trying to breathe through your mouth and then you put your hand over your mouth while you're trying to exhale, it's a whole lot tougher to breathe that way. Same tying works for backpressure. We get Hondas off the line because we have twice as many cylinders as them.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Myths about "back-pressure"

I will admit i have been schooled and are grateful for it. I thank u for this cause now i gain more knowledge and lose this misconception of backpressure. The link i posted (hoping i dont get powned for this ) teaches u about this i learned alot now after reading it. I now do not have this common misconceptions on my mind

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Thank u jdf u have enlightened me and made my knowledge even broaderi trully am appreciative and glad im in a forum where i can learn much more than i anticipated
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will admit i have been schooled and are grateful for it. I thank u for this cause now i gain more knowledge and lose this misconception of backpressure. The link i posted (hoping i dont get powned for this ) teaches u about this i learned alot now after reading it. I now do not have this common misconceptions on my mind

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Thank u jdf u have enlightened me and made my knowledge even broaderi trully am appreciative and glad im in a forum where i can learn much more than i anticipated
Yeah I saw the same post ad learned alot as well
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Glad I could help. That's what this forum is here for.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had mine like that..

Very Loud
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Opinions needed lol

Might as well take a couple rips with open headers before you weld up the pipes.
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Might as well take a couple rips with open headers before you weld up the pipes.
Yeah I plan on pissing the neighbors off a bit lol but yeah I figured why not give it a try and stuff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT